- chapter 27 -

It was Friday evening again and thus already almost a week since Felix had to admit to himself to having fallen in love with Hyunjin.

After this realization, he almost had a panic attack at the bus stop and only managed to get back to his apartment with great difficulty, before crying his eyes out. Then he had thrown up for real, but he couldn't tell if it was because of his feelings or the alcohol - probably both. Because it seemed that he had managed to get all his stomach content out - the only thing that remained were the impetuous butterflies for Hyunjin.

Having overcome this hurdle, he fell asleep exhausted on his bath mat. Which in turn led to him calling Yoonji around 11 p.m. - who was thus also the only person who now knew what was really going on between him and Hyunjin - and crying to her again until the last tear had dried up.

At least that's what he thought. Because as it turns out watching K-drama - for the 24 hours that a Sunday has to offer - he had much, much more. So he shed tears alternately over his misery and that of the protagonists.

"Love", he had let that word roll from it tongue. In all honesty, it was an emotion he was scared of to commit to. Till now, he only got his heart broken.

Starting straight up with his uttermost gay awakening being snatched before his eyes from his best friend. And thus his love life begun with his first love dating his (no longer) best friend. And, well, it didn't get real better from that point on. Being cheated on in his first real thing - it got toxic and ugly, a goddamn disaster - and flings that were more to him than to the other one. Truth to be told, one-night stands were till now his most enjoyable experiences. But now he was back on square one, just that he was now in love with his former best friend.

Real great.

He had to become clear of what this meant now - not only for himself but also for his relationship with Hyunjin...

The following college days he had therefore tried to avoid the blond as best as possible - had not even answered him by cell phone. But Hyunjin wasn't a person who could be simply brushed off, certainly not without reason.

"Ey, Lix!"

"Fuck."

Immediately, Felix turned around when he spotted Hyunjin at the end of the hallway and began to run. Confused looks from other students followed him and his heart pounded loudly in time to his hurried steps against the tiled floor.

"Felix?! Ayo, wait a sec!"

Hyunjin had a lecture in Lecture Hall Four in - he glanced at the clock in the hallway - two minutes, so he didn't actually have time to follow him, since he already wouldn't make it on time. And since the taller one certainly didn't want to miss anything, he should be fine, at least for the time being.

Relieved, he sighed as he turned to go to the bathroom and slowed his pace before coming to a stop in front of the mirrors. It was fucking exhausting to avoid the blond - he really didn't know how much longer he could take it. Turning on the water, he bent over the sink and splashed the cold water on his face.

"Are you sick or somethin'?"

Startled, his head immediately shot back up, the water in his hands splashing against his shirt. Frozen, he gawked at Hyunjin's reflection in the mirror before jerkily turning to face him.

"H-Hyune, what are you doing here? Shouldn't you-"

"Don't answer a question with a counter-question..." the Korean heaved a sigh, looking at the shorter the way he had often looked at seemingly unsolvable math problems in high school days as he approached him. Nevertheless hot, an unnecessary thought flashed through Felix's mind - he nearly choked on his spit, stumbling a few steps to the side.

"So?" the blond inquired undisturbed, taking one of his hands out of his pockets to turn off the running faucet.

"So what?"

"Geez, are you stupid?"

In fact, Felix felt stupid right now - more than stupid, completely lost. His thoughts and feelings were still a mess.

"Or just sick after all?" - Why was Hyunjin picking on that again and again? - "Because you're damn blushed. Do you have a fever?"

"Eh?"

Hyunjin came closer and while his brain would have liked to send himself flying, his body didn't move a bit. Instead, he noticed the burning heat on his cheeks, which now seemed to spread throughout his entire body. It was as if he was burning from the inside out, his heart on fire.

Suddenly Hyunjin held his hand against his forehead. Concern was reflected in his dark eyes.

And contrary to Felix's expectations - to go completely crazy now - his body relaxed as soon as Hyunjin's cool hand touched his heated skin. It was as if all his thoughts stopped, sudden emptiness swept through his mind. He closed his eyes and let his shoulders slump - hadn't even felt how tense his entire body was until just now - as he leaned more into the touch.

"Mhh. You're sure warm." the taller one muttered more to himself, brushing unruly silver strands from the younger one's face.

"Well, maybe... I'm a little sick. I haven't been feeling all that well since the weekend."

"Tsk, so typical Felix. That's why you've been avoiding everyone. Just stay home for once when you're feeling like crap, Lix. You haven't evolved one bit since high-school.", Hyunjin let his index finger flick against Felix's forehead.

"Ow!", reflexively he opened his eyes and was about to start grumbling, but the blond-haired didn't even give him the chance. Because he had taken him by the hand and dragged him along - again?

"Hey, where are we going?" protested Felix half-heartedly, as he had already caught up to the taller and was walking beside him.

"To my locker. You're dripping wet, in case you haven't noticed." - Felix looked down at himself, his shirt was indeed quite soaked - "So I'm giving you a shirt of mine, so you don't get any sicker on the way home. Because you're certainly not going to attend any lectures half-sick."

"But-"

"No buts.", Hyunjin cut him off, causing Felix to roll his eyes. Still, he was inwardly happy that the older was concerned about him - well, he always had been...

"Are you happy now, Hyune?" asked Felix as he slipped the blond's spare T-shirt on.

"Not until you're in bed."

Whereupon his brain immediately presented him with the double meaning of the sentence - he could kick himself. But on the outside, he just laughed out playfully annoyed, "Yeah yeah, I'm already gone. Don't worry, man. Now get the hell outta here yourself, you're way too late."

"Shit, that's right!" - suddenly he placed a quick kiss on the crown of Felix's head - "We'll see each other tomorrow, but only when you're feeling better. Don't you dare come to the university any sooner, baby!", still talking the blond-haired had run off grinning and not a little later disappeared around the next corner.

Caught off guard - his hand still raised in farewell - the silver-haired stroked his kissed hair before a shallow, irritated smile stole onto his lips.

Hyunjin was so confusing - treating him like his best buddy and so much more at the same time.

But yes... he was over the moon for him.

But it was actually something - a problem - that he should have recognized from miles away. He should have known that such a story could not end well. Not to mention the mystery of who Hyunjin had fallen in love with. Several times he wanted to try to talk to the blond about it, but he just could not bring himself to do so.