CHAPTER NINETEEN

Mabel is the cutest maid of honour I have ever seen

Mabel is the cutest maid of honour I have ever seen. Probably ever. There isn't a dry eye in here, especially the groom, who can barely get the words out. Verity, who's desperately trying to wipe her tears too is trying her best to comfort him, but the shaking of his shoulders can not be tamed.

Miles helps me out by dabbing my eyes for me as the babies are currently occupying my arms and the tears are streaming hard. We're sitting up the front of the church, next to his other brothers. All three of them are Henry's best men, taking their duties extremely seriously. Beckett jumps up, rushing to his brothers side to whisper some words in his ear before gently hitting his back and walking back over here.

Miles leans over me to speak to Beckett. "What did you say?"

His older brother moves closer. "I just told him to do his crying later." When Odette and me gasp, he winks. "Not really, I told it was okay and we were all here for them."

The priest carries on the service, regardless of the beautiful couple losing themselves in their emotions. They pull through it, clinging to each other so tight when it's time for them to kiss. Henry takes the back of her head and she wraps her hands around his jaw to pull him closer.

"Congratulations!" We all cheer, laughing at Mabel who jumps off her Granny Gene's knee to sprint towards her parents.

"Mummy," she sings, almost sending Verity onto her bottom when she bends down to grab her into a hug, wrapping her legs around her waist when Verity stands so Henry can kiss Mabel all over her cheeks. "Hi, daddy!"

Henry laughs, resting his lips on her forehead and closing his red eyes to just absorb the moment. It's absolutely adorable to see the love seeping out of him for his wife and their special little girl. Even though there's a photographer floating around the room, I can't help but snap a few pictures of them once Miles gets hold of Gabriella.

Once they start making their way down the aisle, Mabel is heading for Casey, letting him take her hand to follow her parents out of the church. We cheer and clap, some people having gone outside already to throw confetti at them.

"You feeling okay?" Miles asks once we get outside, leaning in for Katie in his other arm. "A beautiful service, wasn't it?" 

I snap as many pictures as I can on my phone. "Amazing service. Very emotional. Ooh, do you think they will get a picture with our babies?"

"Who Henry and Verity?" Miles asks walking across the grass in their direction anyway. They're posing for pictures with Mabel standing in front of them.

"Yes," I say, trying not to get my heels stuck in the soft mud. "And then one with us all."

At a panthers grace, Miles saunters over there, looking incredible in his grey suit, handing them a baby each once he asks permission. Verity has Katie who's snoozing, almost looking as if her chin has melted into her neck as she pouts. And Henry is holding Gabriella who is equally as tired. They all beam at the camera, each of them gripping Mabel hands tight as she poses for the camera.

"Okay, time to photobomb them," Miles says, grabbing my hand to leave me near Verity, bantering with Henry as he approaches his side from the back of us.

Verity flashes me a fond smile. "The girls did such a good job with their flower girl duties."

I laugh. "Didn't they?" They didn't make a peep as I walked them down the aisle and their daddy followed after us, dropping petals from the pretty wicker basket. "Oh, we better smile."

Verity laughs as she turns to the camera and the rest of us follow her.

...

Casey's restaurant is hosting the reception service, the usually bustling restaurant full of the couple's loved ones. They dressed the room amazingly with cream cloth covered tables and chairs, wild flowers tied around the backs of the chairs with a burnt orange ribbon, and ivy leaf decorations taking centre stage of the tables with the wild flowers woven into the arrangement.

"We won't be able to stay long," Miles is telling his brothers after they toast Henry with a drink. "The girls really need to stick to their routine."

I step in. "You can stay."

"Er, no," he says to me, turning to his brothers to explain. "They only settle when I bathe them."

The guy isn't wrong.

Beckett shares a kind look with Henry. "That's sweet, bro."

Miles is so proud of himself. "I think they look forward to it. They make these little excited noises once their feet touch the water, don't they, Chi?"

I get a bit lost with the warm look he's sending my way, forcing myself to nod. "They do."

"I can't believe how much they are changing already," Casey says, sipping his beer.

It's nice to see him take a step back this evening, but there's no mistaking the secret looks he keeps giving his staff members. It's impossible for him to fully let go. When a young guy approaches with a tray of olive topped bruschetta, he looks over it to check.

"They change everyday," Miles says, grabbing a bread square to offer to me. "I'm taking pictures of them every morning until they get too old and don't want me to anymore."

I take it, covering my mouth when the crunchy, olive oil smothered bread crumbles past my lips. Miles takes one for himself, humming as he munches on it. It's the perfect combination of salty and sweet with the olives and basil drizzle.

"God, look at her," Henry says and we turn to watch Verity with Mabel dancing on the makeshift dance floor.

I smile. "Gorgeous."

He's still living in his wedding day bubble when he floats towards them, dipping Verity for a long kiss when she rests her hands on his shoulders, peppering her lips with more kisses when they straighten, lifting and twirling Mabel in his arms.

"Fancy a dance with your man?" Miles asks in my ear, flashing me a cheeky grin when I start walking backwards to the dance floor.

As soon as our feet meets the shiny wood, he's collecting me in his arms, kissing the top of my head when our fingers join. The song slows down making it perfect for our slow dance. More people join in, crowding the space around us, but all I feel, all I see is Miles.

"You look stunning. I love you," he says into my ear, warm lips brushing against the skin.

It's all I need to hear forever. "I love your suit, handsome man."

"Erm," he replies, thick eyebrows raising.

I laugh. "You know you're already mine."

When he doesn't want to budge on it, I oblige for his sake. "I love your suit, my handsome man"

"Thanks, sweetheart." He grins.

And it's magical.

...

Thank you so much for reading!

I truly hope you enjoyed the story!

Casey is coming up next!

Lots of love,

Holly xxx