Chapter 10: UN Timeline

UNC (United Nations Calendar. The United Nations Calendar is the standard and primary calendar for dating history. It remains mostly the same as the old Gregorian calendar from pre-unification times. While there have been attempts to change to a new calendar, no have panned out and as such, the UNC remains identical to the Gregorian Calendar).

October 24th, 1945: The beginning of a new alliance. After the end of the Earth Second World War, diplomats from the Allied Nations came together to ratify the United Nations. This was a successor to the previous failed attempt at an international body, the League of Nations. While the effects of the UN during the following years were mixed, the organization as a whole managed to prevent the world powers from nuking Humanity's homeworld.

2023: the discovery: following a devastating pandemic in the late 2010s, a new faction arose on Earth's international sphere: the Red Dragon Alliance. This alliance would grow to challenge but not rival the Western lead North Atlantic Treaty Organization. However a more secret but quieter discovery was made by the RDA: an ancient escort vessel from the Irassian Concordat. Onboard were technologies that the RDA attempted to unlock but failed due to a lack of understanding. However, one project was salvaged: the Immortalis Project. This would become the base for the Crusader Program.

Mid-2025: a NATO-led UN Task Force is investigating the disappearance of over 150 children from North and South America. They discovered the Immortalis Project and later the RDA's Crusader Supersoldier program. The aim was to make near Immortal Super Soldiers that could devastate NATO's military might. This has led to Western soldiers nicknaming them Terran Kryptonians. These soldiers could not only shrug off most conventional weapons, chemical attacks, and even nuclear bombs, but also be anything from weapons designers, generals, and tacticians. Note that back than, the Crusader program was the Yang Sui Program.

Mid-2025: A NATO-led force made primarily of special forces raids the main facility of the Yang Sui Program, only to discover that of the 150 children that had mysteriously disappeared from the face of the year experimented on. While the program was successful, only 3 and a half dozen children survived the augmentation. UN forces evacuated the surviving children and provided them shelter somewhere in a U.S military installation.

2026-2030: The Third World War. Faced with both mounting tensions due to the beginning prospects of a wording economy, the effect of the COVID-19 Pandemic, and the violation of several Human Rights treaties, the RDA launches a major attack on Both Western and Eastern. This sparks a 4 year-long conflict with the RDA and the Western-led Pacific Atlantic Treaty Organization (a reformed NATO). Eventually, PATO wins the conflict but unfortunately the secret that was the ancient escort ship was destroyed when the RDA detonated a nuclear device to keep the ship out of PATO hands. This war is also the first conflict to see the use of Crusader Super soldiers, all of whom volunteered to fight on behalf of PATO.

2031: Reformation. With the lesson learned from the Third World War, the Nations of Earth once again begins to work towards international cooperation. The United Nations of Earth is born out of the old and work towards improving global living standards improves.

Commonwealth Wiki: Generation 1 Crusaders.

Despite being prototypes, the First Generation of Crusaders are considered to be the best soldiers in Humanity's and later Solarian Arsenal. These are near Immortal supersoldiers that have been genetically and biologically enhanced to the point that they resemble Kryptonians from a certain fiction series. Besides being able to tank most forms of weaponry, they have long life spans (naturally being a thousand Earth years and that is without future use of life extension modifications), enhanced senses, fast reflexes, limited night vision, extreme strength, a photographic memory, and super intelligence.