Chapter 16: End of an Era

February 16th, 2966/ 2173 CE

The Citadel

Councillor Tevos could only groan in mental pain as she and several other high ranking members of the Citadel Community watched the news.

"...and we just received word that the Quarian admiralty has made peace with the Geth. That is right folks, the Geth have made peace with the Quarians." the newscaster blabbered on.

A month. Just a single month was all it took for this Galactic Commonwealth of Nations to overturn the status quo.

"Just a mere week and half ago, tensions nearly erupted between the nations of the Montoken Arm and the Citadel council over the treatment of both the Quarians and Krogan. Almost immediately after, the Envoy for the Elder Alliance sent warships to the Aralark system. Currently, according to Turian military sources, over 4 hundred ships belonging to the United Nations Solar Alliance are guarding the system. Rumours of failed STG missions have circulated across the galaxy but what is known is the mass Krogan and Quarian exodus back to Tuchanka and the migrant fleet respectively."

"Well, this is a fine mess we got into," Fedorian grumbled.

"These.....Solarians have made a mess. Now we have the Krogan, Geth, and Quarians to deal with." Sadion muttered.

"And this just in, a video sent by the Quarian Admiralty. A peace deal has fully been achieved. This deal has been observed with the United Nations Solar Alliance and the Eldar Alliance. With this peace deal, it marks the end to the 313 year exodus from Rannoch."

A video shows both Quarian Admiral Shala Raan and Fleet Admiral Limburn shaking hands with Geth platforms.

"So it is true." Spartacus muttered.

"In other news, both the Batarian Hegemony and Turian Hierarchy have ramped up the production of military-grade materials. Over a dozen new dreadnaughts have been announced by the Hierarchy alone."

"This is turning into a nightmare," Sadion grumbled. They all shared the same thought.

What was the Commonwealth's endgame?

Meanwhile, somewhere on Tuchanka

"So this is one of the old orbital defence guns from the Krogan Rebellions?" Victor asked as he, Wrex and a small party of Solarian and Krogan approached one of the derelicts.

"Sure is. I don't know the details. Fortrack?" Wrex motioned to one of the Krogan followed.

"Gladly It's a KGS 02 Ground to Surface defence cannon. Mass Accelerator that can accelerate a 8-kilo slug a few thousand kilometres into the surface. It was a good weapon, yield is around a cruiser grade. Shame most of them are in disrepair." Urdnot Fortrack stated.

"Hmm, this is interesting. Reminds me of Stonehenge Planetary defence cannons." Victor stated. "Are these things still salvageable?"

"Oh yes. Our ancestors built them to last. At least 30 of them are still in operational condition if they can be repaired and repowered, and another hundred can be fully rebuilt, though we never had the resources to do so."

"You have an idea?" Wrex raised an eyebrow.

"Most Solarian planets have 3-7 planetary fortresses. Each one has 8 massive Gauss cannons for defence. Stonehenge, the gift of the Useans to the rest of the UNSA. They're good weapons, but expensive and power hogs. I wonder if we can hybridize the two designs. With the Council getting hissy, we might need to bulk up." Victor nodded. "But for now, let's fix your civilization. We already fixed up your balls so step one is down. Step 2, make sure you guys don't starve. Wait."