Chapter 18: Beginning of a New Age

United Nations Allied Force Database. Please enter the passcode.

Standby...welcome Fleet Admiral Limburn, Field Marshal Ross.

Task force selection...Task Force Unity

Alert! Task Force Unity is currently inactive. Reactive it?...Yes

Task Force Objective.....Primary:Investigate Harvester threat level, investigate Citadel Council, investigate the Batarian Hegemony. Secondary: Find the Blind Migration colonies

Task Force Assets: UNSV Normandy (Sun Wukong Class Heavy Strikecruiser), Assets of the 75th Ranger Regiment (army), Assets of the 2nd Frontier Division (marines), JSTF Squadron 7, 87th Europa space superiority squadron, 1st armor Battalion of 1st marine division, 2nd Battalion of the 106th Orbital Shock Division.

Operation name?...Operation Silent Screamer is a go.

Signing off.

Wua Megashipyards, Wua Star System, United Nations Solar Alliance

2976 UNC/ 2183 C.E

"Bro, did you piss off the brass?" Jane Shepard asked as she and John Shepard walked through the halls of the Wua Megashipyards.

"Why do you assume I did something wrong?" John looked incredulous, or insulted. It had been a while since the twins had fought the Batarians at that faithful slave colony. Since then, the two had become JSTF operators of UNSOCOM. The best of the best, outside the Crusaders.

So for both to be called up meant that they either fucked up or there's a new operation. John was leaning towards the former. Many due to Jane adopting Victor Ross's presence for explosions.

"I don't know, maybe ramming that ancient mining drone at the Citadel that Sabine Wren gave us? How are we not at war with the Council?"

The twins entered a conference room, to find the couple of mass destruction waiting for them. Well that and bickering with each other.

"We don't need hogs on a damn strike cruiser. We need more Tridents and more Maquetes in the hanger bays. The Normandy is a damn ship killer, not a troop hauler." Sophia growled at her husband.

"The Normandy is a ship slated for supporting ground forces and spec ops. Tridents may be good but a Hog is better. Explain to me that if it's a ship killer, why is it carrying two regiments of marines and army troopers?" Victor shot back.

The two stared at each other and sighed. "Why are we arguing about this now?" Sophia grumbled.

"You're the admiral of the fleet! Why not just requisition a second cruiser or carrier and have it act as the assault ship?" Victor asked.

"It's Hackett's fleet now, not mine. Besides, I-" the pair looked to the side to see the two JSTF operators staring.

"Uhhh, are we interrupting something?" Kane questioned. "Because we can-"

"Oh no, nonononono! It's fine. The Field Marshal and I are having a major argument over your new assignment's fighter complement." Sophia threw in. "Sit."

The Shepards looked at each other and then sat down. The pair of mass destruction did the same.

"Alright, you might be asking why we called you two in today. Congratulations, you're being drafted for a new mission." Victor said. The Shepard twins stared.

"What? So we aren't in trouble for ramming that mining drone into the Citadel?" John asked.

"Well I did want to punish you and the operators for unleashing the dancing plague on Illium, I was going to do that." Victor pouted.