Chapter 14: Filler

Arcturus Station (Strategic Coordination Center), Arcturus System

February 9th, 2966

Prime Minister Martdone sighed as he looked at one of the troublemakers now. Several holograms appeared in his office.

Three familiar ones were Envoy Cera, Director Dicitom, and Fleet Admiral Limburn. They were familiar people.

But the last one was new, a beautiful Human woman with blind hair, a decent bust size, and rather simplistic clothing.

She was also shifting and fidgeting a lot, like because she was staring down four of some of the most important people in her life.

It was at that moment that Limburn sighed. "Joan, daughter, I love you. But can you explain to me how you adopted the Geth?"

Joan Ross, an artificial lifeform, was an orphan found on one of the Cosmic Union's worlds devastated by the Scourge War. Picked up by Victor and Sophia and later adopted into the family, Joan turned out to be a kind and social girl. She was also very touchy. And by touchy she liked to cuddle.

Which leads to the current situation.

"Joan, how on Earth did you manage to cuddle the entire Geth race into becoming family?" Limburn asked.

"I'm sorry!" the AI cried out. "They were just so fuzzy, and warm, and childlike."

"How?" Limburn asked calmly, though internally panicking because that would have meant that the Ross family would grow by...how many Geth were there?

(Flashback, February 6th, 2966, Perseus Veil)

The first expeditionary fleet of the Galactic Commonwealth of Nations of the polo initiative was centered around the Battlecruiser Pride of Tiya, named after the Tiyal homeworld. The fleet as drawn from several members of the Commonwealth including a squadron of Federation missile cruisers, flocks of Point Defense and Laser corvettes of the Enthari Partnership Alliance, support ships of the cosmic union, and a Battlecarrier strike group from the UNAF. 600 ships of the most powerful militaries in the galaxy.

It was also currently hideously outnumbered.

The 1st Expeditionary fleet had decided to cross the Nebula's expanse that was the veil, not expecting to run into any species due to the abnormal lack of radio signals. It conveniently jumped into a Geth fleet base that spanned an entire system.

The Geth panicked and mobilized the entire fleet, numbering around 12,000 vessels. Most were the size of corvettes and destroyers, with a few heavy cruiser sized vessels in the mix. All very small and tiny.

But that didn't matter because that meant that the Commonwealth fleet was outnumbered 20 to 1 and unlike the 4th and 5th fleets, they couldn't get easily accessible reinforcements. So it was up to Joan to try and talk to them.

Joan had volunteered to join the Polo initiative, hoping to be assigned to either the 4th or 5th fleets to join her family but she got sent into the 1st. And now she was dealing with the first contact with a robot species.

"So....you're called Geth?" Joan asked the fuzzy construct infront of her. She was in the digital world, almost like she was floating.

So fuzzy, cud- Joan stop it! The synthetic berated herself.

"Yes." Geth spoke to her. "We are a collection of networked artificial intelligence. You are.....unique. You do not use Element Zero, you are not associated with any known species. Who are you?"

"Me." Joan pointed to herself. "I'm Joan, an AI like you. My kind are called Synths but this fleet is made up of several species belonging to the Commonwealth. I was born from the race called Humans."