Chapter 11: Revelation

The Citadel, Council Space

February 7th, 2966 UNC /2173 CE

Commonwealth diplomatic team

Envoy Cera, along with Envoy Udina and their escort, walked along as the Asari guide took them on the tour of the 'center' of the civilized galaxy. From pieces of art to C-SEC members in formation, the Council was putting up a display for the Commonwealth diplomatic team.

It was an impressive display, but there was a sense of hesitancy, panic, and uncertainty in the air within the people of the Citadel. Or just to Cera, they were utterly terrified. That tends to happen with new first contacts.

"We are now approaching the Presidium. The Presidium is where most of galactic diplomatic ventures happen, along of most of our embassies. It is also home to entertainment and shopping districts that sells products across the galaxy." the tour guide continued droning on.

"{Psionic link} Not enough colour." Cera lamented and psionically informed her counterparts. Though he did not show it, Udina was amused at his elder counterpart.

"That sounds like a pleasant experience." Udina commented as they walked through the area.

"Yes indeed. Across most of known space, cultures mingle and meet here. And of course...." Udina promptly decided to ignore the Asari guide, or at least phase out what she was saying. That was when he noticed his partner being slightly off.

"[Neural Link] Cera, what's wrong? You feel agitated?" Udina asked calmly.

"{Psionic link} I am fine. However, I am getting an odd feeling of this entire station. This station just feels...off on a mental level.." The envoy replied.

"[Neural link] that is something we can investigate once we can get teams on board this station. Is it dangerous to us?" Udina replied.

"{Psionic link} No. at least if we don't linger too long or approach anything suspicious. The council tower also appears to be clear. But these keepers feel strange, almost as if they are being remote-controlled." Cera replied as one scurried by.

"Excuse me miss, but could you explain these creatures to us?" Cera asked their guide.

"Of course, those creatures are called keepers. They were the Citadel's only living being on this station. We believe that they aware biologically engineered by the Protheans to help maintain the station." The guide said.

"You believe?" Udina asked, like a sneer that only commonwealth species would pick up.

"Well this station is very large and there are still some regions that no one has tried to access. Anytime one of these Keepers dies, two more appear to bring to into a series of tunnels that few dare access." The Asari explained.

"[Neural link] Seriously? Two thousand years using this station and no one even knows where these Keepers keep coming from? When we found those old Wormhole Gates, we didn't hesitate to tear one apart before tearing all of them apart and building our own. Where's these people's curiosity?" Udina said.

"No one truly knows where these Keepers go?" Cera pressed on.

"Unfortunately not." The Asari said.

"[Neural link] and it hurts my head think of all the security risks in this station and the incompetence of whoever we searching this station. I think the UNIS would smack anyone who thought using a piece of ancient infrastructure without knowing any nook and cranny of this place." Udina sighed mentally.

"{Psionic link} I understand. But we were sent here to establish relations with these Council folks, we do as we must."

The Council Chambers.