Chapter 2: The blood red rose

April 26th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Desi Bay

Stewart woke up on the next day on the floor. (Why am I on the floor?)He thought. (It's probably some side effect from transmigrating, this is the second day after I came to this world, after a good night's rest I think I remembered more memories.) He stood up and went and left the dinning going to his bedroom. "The last thing my father left me before leaving was a wooden box that I never opened." I thought out loud. After opening the box there were 2 things in the box: a few pieces of paper and a blood red glass rose with an emerald green stem. The paper says

[My Dear son I'm sorry for leaving you at such a young age but I have my own reasons for leaving, This is for you own safety after you read the following information you may be a bit confused if you want to ask anything come to the Cathedral of steam in Backlund's Cherwood Borough

Blood Red Glass Rose {grade 3}

Appearance: A rose made of red glass with a green thorny stem

Beyonder Characteristic: Abyss, Sequence 8 (unwinged angel)

Effect (passive): While wearing the rose you will have raised proficiency in all weapons and enhanced strength.

Effect (trigger): By dripping blood on the two thorns on the stem you will trigger two different effects.

Casts a curse of weakness on the target that the head of the rose is pointing at

Cast a poisonous fireball at the target the head of the rose is pointing at

Negative effect: When the rose is equipped the person it is equipped to will feel violent tendencies.

Method of sealing: put the rose in the box you found it in

You were born as a sequence 9 savant, come look for me I will answer all your questions]

(My father left me a sealed artifact? And a sequence one at that, he knew i was a savant so he may well be a demigod.)He thought after finishing the letter. "I can't leave the shop right now so I can't go to the cathedral of steam to meet my father" I said to myself (So I have 2 options right now,

1. Is to hire a trustworthy employee to take care of the shop while I'm away

Or

2. Wait for the season where business is sparse to visit backlund

(I feel the first option is more reasonable)He thought. (Maybe I should go look for someone to employ.) After thinking things through I went downstairs to the ground level where the shop is. (Today is Saturday so the shop is closed. I have 2 day to go look for an employee.)

As I was leaving the shop I thought (On second thought all the ornaments I make are both fragile and expensive, if any mistakes are made it would not be good for me, huh. I guess I'll just carry out plan 2 until something special happens or I come up with a plan 3.) Stewart grabbed the wooden case containing the rose and put it inside his jacket. (I won't have to look for an archeologist potion formula because if what the paper says is true then my father would have the archeologist potion formula I could just ask him for it.) As he was walking down the streets of desi bay in a daze a little girl that seemed she was 10 or 11 years old wearing plain dress clothing bumped into him said sorry then quickly ran away (Weird) Stewart thought. Then he saw a man holding a revolver running this way.

When the man reached him he didn't seem to be tired at all when he reached where stewart was stewart reached for inside his jacket. When the man came in front he asked "did you see where that girl ran to, she stole something of mine." And like the good citizen I am, I pointed him to the alley to the right. He didn't say another word and ran toward the said alley. After he entered the alley I pulled out the glass rose and pricked my finger on the first thorn triggering a curse of weakness and before the opponent could react I pricked my finger on the second thorn shooting out a poisonous fireball instantly killing the person. After he died I took his revolver and the 30 bullets he had on him and 1 pound 2 soli (Free revolver I'll take it.)

 As I thought this I heard a little crunching noise behind me as I turned around I saw the little girl from earlier shy away on impulse. Then she said in a voice that I could barely hear "Thank you" In response I said "Just to clarify I'm not some kind of a saint I'm just a capitalist that has most of his emotions snuffed out by society. I only did this to save me the trouble and money of buying a gun" Then I walked away as I was walking away I noticed the girl was following me I asked "Why are you following me?"

"Well that person just now was my dad's colleague. They both work for a local mafia until my dad made a mistake and revealed a lot of top secret information which got him and my mother killed. So I have nowhere to go now" The little girl said, almost crying. "Aren't you afraid I'll do something to you?" I asked. "Well it's better than living on the streets." The girl replied in a sad tone.

What should I do?

POLL

At time of writing chapter 3

Keep the girl - V

Or

Let the girl wander the streets - L