Chapter 18: Archaeologist formula

Stewart used a few days to straighten out his thoughts and feelings. He thought about his past life and how much he should let it influence his current one. This was interrupted when.

May 25th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart still felt his brain was a scrambled mess as he walked out to pick up his daily newspaper. He picked up the newspaper, opened it and smiled. There was an ad that signaled there would be a gathering that night. Stewart got rid of his extra thoughts. (I will most likely not be able to get my hands on the archaeologist potion so easily tonight. The Mechanical Specialist backing the lady or the lady herself probably don't want other wild paragon pathway beyonders.) Stewart smiled. And thought. (Let's see what they can do with a savant who has a golden finger. I don't need any increase in sequence until sequence five since my golden finger can mimic the core ability of a Mechanical Specialist. But getting to sequence seven to get the ability appraise is pretty useful. You know now that I think about it my golden finger is way too powerful, imagine it having some negative effect like a sealed artifact.)

Stewart went to the bank again and grabbed money till he had 500 pounds, Stewart then bought some supplies and returned home. Stewart wrote down the berserker formula and waited till night, got on a carriage and headed to the brave heart bar. Stewart put on his cloak and mask. Then he entered the gathering with no issues. He found a place and sat down, as soon as he sat down he felt that he was being watched. He looked in the direction the gaze was coming from and saw the lady backed by an artisan staring at him. Stewart gave a slight smile then retracted his gaze. Stewart sat there and waited for the gathering to begin but he felt he was being watched the whole time. The feeling only went away when Mr. Eye of Wisdom announced the beginning of the gathering.

Stewart sat there only half listening to what everyone was selling until the lady backed by the artisan started introducing her magical items. Stewart still only sat there since none of the items interested them. After she had sold her items she asked. "Is the person who made the deal with me last gathering here today." Stewart raised his hand and said "I am here." Stewart pulled a folded piece of paper out of his jacket and asked "Here's what you want, now do you have what I want?" The lady, backed by an artisan, also took out a piece of paper and said. "Yes, give it to Mr. Eye of wisdom so he can appraise to see if they're real." At this point some of the other people in the gathering are starting to get confused. Stewart and the lady backed by an artisan wanted this since if the others knew they were trading potion formulas there would be a higher chance they would be attacked after the gathering.

Stewart and the lady both brought the potion formula to Mr. Eye of Wisdom for appraisal. "Real" Mr. Eye of Wisdom said after touching his ring on the formula I brought then did the same thing to the formula that the lady brought and said. "Real, fair trade." Stewart and the lady traded formulas and went back to their seats. Stewart sat there now completely ignoring what people were trying to sell and making sure that the formula was still in his jacket once in a while. After Mr. Eye of wisdom declared the end of the gathering he let me and the lady out first though different exits since he knew what we traded. Stewart exited the building and tightened on his walking stick, he was ready to activate his barrier at any time to defend against attackers. But to his surprise no one attacked. Stewart quickly got on a carriage and told coachman his address and got home quickly as soon as he entered his house he locked his door and went to his table.

Stewart carefully unfolded the paper and looked at it, it said.

[Savant pathway: Sequence 8, Archaeologist.

Main Ingredients:
        The shell of a tomb dwelling ancient scarab
        One page of real history from at least 100 years ago

Supplementary Ingredients:
         80 milliliters of pure water
         6 drops of creeping vine juice
         6 grams dust from a ancient tomb
         10 grams blue lavender dust
         3 drops of hydrangea juice
If you ever get found out by the orthadox churches you can come to me and I may be able to help you]

(Is she a friend or a foe that will take a while to find out.) Stewart thought after reading the last line. (Now about the ingredients. I know a lot of this world's history. I know how to make pure water, I can get the plants from an apothecary or flower shop. The items from an ancient tomb might be kind of hard but I think I can buy it from the person who sold me the amulet.) It's too late to continue staying up so Stewart burned the paper on a candle, made sure it was fully burned and went to bed.

May 26th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart got up and went to grab his newspaper, he went inside and made breakfast, after doing that he opened the newspaper and saw the headline.

[Many people mysteriously go blind in groups. Is there a mysterious disease!?]

Stewart's eyes widened and he thought of the human birds who would take control of people in groups.