Chapter 24: Drive

"Since you only answered part of my question, could I ask another one?" Fors asked. "No." Stewart answered "Now Miss Derecha, Miss Wall. I think we have conversed enough today. Miss Derecha, I hope to see you again tomorrow." After hearing this Xio and Fors understood that Stewart was hinting that they should leave so they stood up and headed toward the door. Stewart didn't get up to send them off, instead picking up a cup of tea that was already cold and took a sip. After Xio and Fors closed the door behind themselves, Stewart finally relaxed and finished the rest of his tea in one gulp.

May 31st Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Rays of sun barely pierced the thick Backlund fog as Stewart slowly woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. Stewart quickly got up and washed up and got dressed. (I didn't plan a time with Xio yesterday so I can't go out until she comes because I might miss her visit.) Just as Stewart finished his thought he heard his doorbell ring. (Well speak of the devil.) Stewart went to open the door and saw Xio standing outside. "Good morning Miss Derecha, you came early." Stewart said while Xio walked in. "May I see the material you would like to be made into a Magical item?" Xio sat down and took out a box that was lined with tin on the inside. "It's a pair of fangs from a scarred grizzly." Xio said, showing the box's contents to Stewart. Stewart looked at the item and said "Come pick it up at about 7:00 in the afternoon." Stewart didn't want to make Xio suspicious so he told her to pick it up almost 12 hours from the current time. "Alright." Xio replied. Stewart, seeing Xio being so serious, asked. "Did something happen or do you just like keeping the persona of Arbitrator?"

Xio just looked at Stewart and left. (Weird she didn't seem like such a cold person the first few times I interacted with her. I'm probably overthinking it, getting magical items are very important to most beyonders. Well time to see what kind of magical item the garden of glass will make out of this spiritual material.) Stewart entered the garden of glass and intently watched as the fangs of the scarred bear got picked up by an invisible force as it floated toward a glass pebble. As the bear fangs made contact with the pebble it melted into a very light red with only a tiny dot of white in the middle, for some reason Stewart felt a very strong urge to stomp on the magical item that is currently forming. (The fangs of a scarred bear must be a main ingredient for the potion corresponding to Red Priest pathways sequence 8 Provoker.) As the magical item finished forming the pebble slowly morphed into a more gem like shape, the information about the uses of the magical item flooded into Stewart head once again.

Aggravating light red glass gem {Grade 3 Magical Item}

Appearance: A light red oval gem made of glass with a tiny white dot in the middle

Effect (Passive): When someone looks at this gem they will gain a strong urge to attack the gem or whoever is currently holding or wearing it

Negative effect: If this gem receives any physical damage the duration that this magical item will last will decrease depending on the amount of damage received.

Sealing method: Keep the gem in a lightless darkness

Duration: 18 Months

(This seems like a pretty decent magical item. It can last for one and a half years but the biggest downside I can see to this magical item is if the person using it also gets an urge to attack the magical item, which means the person using it either needs strong self control or is willing to sacrifice some magical item duration.) Stewart summarized after he thought the effects of magical item through. Stewart looked at his pocket watch and saw that it is only 8:15 in the morning. (What should I do now? I miss the internet... All I can do in an era like this is read, drink tea, and run away from two creepy magpie monsters. I could get more beyonder characteristics by getting tangled in some lower level beyonder incidents...) Then Stewart paused thinking. (What is driving me? Why do I want to get stronger? I chose to transmigrate but again why?) Then Stewart felt pain that can only be described as having every single nerve ending in his head lit on fire. An image appeared in his head right before he fainted. An almost completely blacked out rectangle which he can only assume was a picture with only one colored silhouette, him the past him, Zhao Kong. He knew that there were supposed to be more people in the picture because there was an arm circled around his neck pulling him toward the left.

Stewart slowly opened his eyes on the still in the glass garden. (That seemed to be a group photo since I was smiling. I was also wearing a lab coat so was I some kind of researcher?) Stewart thought, recalling the content of his newly discovered memories. Then he looked at his pocket watch 5:55, is it am or pm and is it still the same day? Stewart left the garden of glass and went to the first floor, the sun was still high in the sky which means it was the afternoon. He next went outside to grab the newspaper and saw that there was only one meaning that it was the same day. (1 hour and 5 minutes till Xio comes to pick up the magical item.) This reminded Stewart that he had left the magical item in the garden of glass which he went to grab. (I did have friends back then... wonder how they are now.) Stewart thought letting out a pained laugh. He continued on deciding that he needed to eat something since he hadn't eaten since last night so he made some food and started waiting for Xio's visit.