Chapter 26: Sequence 8

"Why do you have the impression that I would stop helping Luna become a Beyonder if I knew you knew each other? Did you know it is almost impossible for a sane person to control the abilities of two different pathways at such a low sequence." Stewart said, confused by Luna and Lisa's logic. "Well we thought you were a powerful person reborn and usually in novels they're pretty cautious, and from how you talked to us we thought you were still in a very weak state so you will find two people who know each other very well and most likely have good teamwork a threat." Luna said, taking over. "Well you are correct I don't fully know how trustworthy you are yet but as long as you don't awaken your golden finger my golden finger should make sure you don't betray me." Stewart replied after considering what they said. "By the way what's your golden finger? It can't be the ability to go down two different pathways right? Because that would be way too underpowered."

"I'm really not sure, but you said you transmigrated not long before me so how do you know so much about this world?" Luna asked. "Your smarter than I thought, from what you said earlier you two have read a lot of novels before you transmigrated, so you should know that there is a type of transmigration in where the main character transmigrates into a piece of fiction they have read in the past and that's what I am. Though right now I only have knowledge about the first half of the story because in this world even knowledge can be dangerous. "Stewart replied. "I'll tell some basic info from the first half of the book, this books main character is a transmigrator like us, and in the original story there is only one another transmigrator that I currently know of, he came here 206 years ago and they both used to be Chinese. I'll tell you more info when I trust you more. But your appearance has alerted me to another problem as with just me the story will only go a bit off track a bit but if there are more transmigrators other than the main character and us... my knowledge of the future would mean less if not nothing."

The room fell silent for a second but Stewart broke it when he remembered why he came back to desi bay in the first place. "Hey how much money have you made while I was gone? And did you check to see if the bills were real because a lot of people make fake money in this world." Luna looked at Stewart. "...Huh?" Another silence washed over the room. "Quick! bring me the money you've made." Stewart said in a slight panic.

A moment later

"ONE FORTH OF THE MONEY YOU MADE IN ALMOST ONE MONTH ARE FAKE!" Stewart yelled "Well, what's done is done, well earlier I heard you wanted to leave the shop. But the biggest problem is this is our only source of income and you may not know but being a beyonder is the second most costly thing in this world right after being a noble." Luna seemed shocked. "Is it really that expensive to be a beyonder!?" Stewart looked at her. "Money is not even the hardest part when you get to the higher levels there is not even a market to buy the materials you need so you have to hunt them down yourself. Not to mention how hard it is to get high level potion formulas. But that's for the future since we are still only at the lowest level."

"So what your saying is that we have to staying here and continue to make money?" Lisa asked angrily. "Yes... what else are we supposed to do?" Stewart said with a shrug. Lisa in control of the body tried to punch Stewart but he blocked the punch with his cane. "Now now don't have to get violent, I have a lot of information you need including the formulas you need to advance in the future." Stewart just smiled as Lisa continued to try to push against his cane unsuccessfully. "Well I'll leaving for now." Stewart said as he summoned the gate of glass behind him, Stewart was just about to stand up and leave when, Lisa kicked him in the shins. Stewart held back the urge to react to the pain and entered the garden of glass. "That girl is surprisingly strong for her age." Stewart said as his face twisted. (I have everything set up for a while, I'll wait till I'm sequence 8 until I become a bounty hunter.) Stewart thought as he laid on the glass ground.

June 4th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

9:45

Stewart heard a knocking sound and opened the door to see Xio. "You got the creeping vine? Also how did the magical Item work for you?" Stewart asked. "It worked well thank you." Xio replied as he pulled out a box opened it and reveling a segment of creeping vine. "Here you go." Xio said handing the box to Stewart. After Stewart grabbed the box he asked. "You want to watch me increase sequence? You could get some experience." Xio looked blankly at Stewart. "Sure but... we're from different pathways would your experience apply to me? Also why do you trust me so much?" Stewart shrugged and said. "I don't know either." Stewart turned around followed by Xio who closed the door behind her. Stewart started boiling water to make pure water and either grinding or squeezing the other supplementary ingredients into there intended states. Then wrote a page of history about Huang Tao's transmigration. At this point the pure water was ready so he started putting in the supplementary ingredients in order, this caused the potion to turn a dark brown. Stewart took the shell of the tomb dwelling scarab and page of history which he kept Xio from looking at. and also added then to the potion. The potion started bubbling and releasing a musty smell. (It's now or never.) Stewart thought as he drank the potion in one gulp.