Chapter 32: Tris

June 7th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

(An Equinox Flower? I didn't see this last time I came and why is it the only thing that has color?) Just as Stewart was thinking, information about the newly formed magical item flooded into his head. (The magical item formed from the bladder of a lungfish, it looked like a dark green water bottle made of glass, it's effects were it can generate an infinite amounts of clean drinkable water, but as it is used more in that day the water generated will slowly begin to contain disease, and it can still be used for 10 months.) Stewart thought after receiving the information. (The long and over literal names that the Garden of Glass gives its creations are really driving me crazy... so from now on you're the infinite water bottle. Stewart then looked at his watch, It showed it was already past one in the morning. (It was already late after I came back from the gathering, well I'll go to bed after the second magical item form.)

(Wonder what kind of magical item the feather will form.) Stewart didn't have to wait for long because some new information appeared in his head. (Charms of strong light? Five of them at that, now I know the Garden of glass can also turn spiritual materials into charms, so that means I don't have to pray to any god. It is activated by the word flash, the effects of the charm are interesting, it's basically a flashbang, might be useful since from the information in the book beyonders eye's don't have much protection. These things might be good if I can mass produce them.) Stewart thought as he imagined himself throwing out a handful of strong light charms creating a wall of light and blinding everyone around him.

(I'm pretty sure Klein and other beyonders usually just put charms in pockets on the inside of their jacket so that's what I'll do.) Stewart stuffed the charms of strong light into his jacket and stepped outside the garden of glass. Stewart found himself in a dark place the floor was swaying left and right, he also heard a stampede of footsteps above him. (I forgot to choose a set point before walking through, where am I now?) Stewart looked around, (You would think that archaeologist potion would give me some night vision.) Just as Stewart was thinking he heard a heavy breathing. (Huh? what's that sound?) Just as Stewart wanted to summon the gate of glass and leave something grabbed his ankle. "H-Help me I-I want to live." said a sound in the dark. "You are a power-ful beyonder right? If you save me I'll-I'll give you money, I heard from a friend that beyonders use a lot of money! So please please get me out of this place " The male sounding voice said in a pleading tone as he slowly calmed down.

"Who are you, and what do you need help with?" Stewart asked on guard. "I'm a merchant, my name is Chris four days ago I got on a ship to return to Enmat after a successful trip to the southern continent, but the king of the five seas Nast's crew is on the deck of the ship right now, I barely got away by hiding in boiler room." Chris explained. (Today is the seventh of June right? The book mentions the boat named Alfalfa, the one driven into madness by instigator Tris left Caesar Pier on the second of June and ran into Nast five days later which is today.) Stewart noticed with a start. "Is there a person named Tris on this ship?" After a second of silence, which Stewart can only assume was Chris being shocked he heard. "Yes, why do you ask? He's a bit shy but he's really nice."

"Your life is not in danger if the pirate crew raiding is actually led by the king of the five seas since he only takes money and cargo." Stewart said. "But I would like to make a deal, I would like to stay on the ship. In return I will protect you throughout this journey since Nast will be the least of your worries later on in your trip." The stampeding sound above them started to quiet as Chris asked in a shaking voice. "What do you mean? How can this trip get any more dangerous? Wait, you asked about Tris right..." Stewart shushed him. "If you want to get rid of Tris before he could do anything bad, I'm telling you, you can't if she dies that will cause even more problems and on a much bigger scale, a worldwide scale, but I can't tell you why." As Stewart said this he thought. (I don't know why but I have a feeling if I get rid of Tris some very dangerous people will notice me and that is not a good thing in a world like this, I probably shouldn't even take part in this plot point, since as the old Saying goes curiosity killed the cat. But I'm way too curious about what happened before this ship reached Enmat harbor plus I can escape at any time.

Chris spoke which pulled Stewart out of his thoughts. "I was going to tell you more about Tris since you asked about his, But... from your reaction, Tris is a person who will cause us more misfortune." The air became awkward as Stewart thought. (I over estimated this guy's intelligence... I thought he connected the dots.) Chris broke the silence and asked. "Why should I believe you? I interacted with Mr. Tris for a few days and from my observations he is a kind person. Why would I believe a stranger over someone I know?" Stewart sighed. "Looks can be deceiving, you know a person who knows about beyonders so I'll be straight with you, Tris is a beyonder, an instigator to be precise, and just from the name you should know what kind of abilities he has.