Chapter 16: Dream

(From what the person that found this amulet said, this amulet , at least for now, is only dangerous if you make skin contact with it. According to the description of the person that was forcefully separated from the amulet it is most likely brain death.) Stewart thought. (Something that can either drive someone insane or completely take over someone's body then cause a state of brain death. Jeez, this thing is way too dangerous for me right now so I'll have to wait until I'm at least in the middle sequences to test this thing out.) Stewart then decided against putting the amulet in the garden of glass for obvious reasons. Stewart washed up then went to bed.

May 12th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart got up to grab the newspaper and decided that today he would go look for Xio and see if she could introduce him to some other beyonder gatherings. Stewart got on a carriage and went to the edge of the east borough. While he was on the carriage he thought. (Xio said there had been a lot of beyonders in Backlund. The book didn't exactly mention when it happened but according to logic in the book, the incident where Ince Zangwill stole 0-08 should have only happened recently and the loss of a Grade 0 artifact is definitely a big enough incident to alert all orthodox churches in this world. So these Beyonder are most likely after Ince Zangwill.) After thinking this Stewart had arrived near the east borough. Stewart went to Xio's east borough house then knocked on the door. It was still early in the morning but Xio still cautiously opened the door and peeked out asking. "What do you want now?" In an annoyed voice.

"I just wanted to see if you could introduce me to some beyonder gatherings in Backlund." Stewart replied. " You know how most gathering hosts don't trust beyonders they don't know. I know you have a lot of connections so I was wondering if you could introduce me to some hosts or gatherings. I don't think they'll mind having an artisan join their gathering." After hearing that Stewart was an artisan Xio's eyes widened. "You're an Artisan!?" Xio yelled in surprise. The loud sound annoyed the people living around so as they looked out of their room cursing. Xio pulled Stewart inside her apartment and asked. "Are you serious about being an artisan? I thought you were only sequence nine." Stewart got up and dusted himself off while answering. "Well I'm not yet a Machinery Specialist but I'm backed by someone who can make sealed artifacts and magical items." Xio, hearing this, looked at Stewart weirdly and asked. "Do you know how much important information you just gave me? I could go tell the official beyonders there's a wild beyonder who is an Artisan." Stewart looked at Xio and said in a serious tone. "I Suggest you not do that... The world is about to change. That's all I can tell you for now." Xio looked at him weirdly and asked "Do you think I'm an idiot?" Stewart signed and said in a helpless manner and said "Believe what you like."

Stewart after hinting at the future to Xio returned to the reason he came here in the first place. "Now let's get back to what I came here for. Can you introduce me to some beyonder gatherings?" Xio after hearing this answered. "As you said most gathering hosts don't trust beyonders they don't know and even if I were allowed to introduce someone to the gathering I wouldn't introduce you since I don't really trust you yet either." Stewart shrugged and said. "Eh, thought so. Well I'll be leaving now." When Stewart was about to leave he turned around and said to Xio "Oh right, if you ever want Sealed artifacts bring the characteristic to me and I could help you." After saying this Stewart left without waiting for Xio's response.

After Stewart returned home entered the garden of glass. Stewart started looking around the garden as he hadn't gotten a good look at the garden yet. The garden was split into multiple sections. One was full of roses, one was full of all kinds of flowers and there was even a pond with glass fish that seemed to be alive. Stewart then saw the tree whose leaves had turned into the clear glass wings and he noticed that there were small glass leaves on the part of the tree which used to be empty. (It seems that glass acts like a living thing in the garden.) Stewart thought. Stewart then looked at his watch and saw that time was flowing normally. Stewart then activated the pure clear glass wings and watched as some leaves turned liquid-like and became feathers on his wings.

Stewart then exited the garden of glass. Stewart decided to modify his walking stick that is sealing the sword. Stewart carefully separated the wood part of the walking stick from the head. Then attached the glass stick to the head then turned the wood part into a sheath. (I should have just bought a ready made cane sword that took way too long.) Stewart thought after finishing. Stewart looked outside and saw that the sun was starting to set so he went out for food and went to bed.

Stewart slowly opened his eyes and found that he had fallen asleep on a white table. Stewart then felt someone hand on his shoulder and heard "Dr. Zhao you're not usually one to sleep at work." Stewart wanted to turn around but he couldn't control his body as he heard a voice which he was very familiar with say. "Stop joking, the only person that sleeps at work more than me is you." Then he heard a response. "You should say we're the only people who sleep at work here." Then Stewart woke up, he placed his hand on his forehead as he started to process the information.