Chapter 4: Garden of glass

Creak! The floorboards behind Stewart suddenly sounded, following that even out of Stewarts own expectations he turned around and grabbed at Luna's face with his right hand but stopped an inch away from the frightened girl's face. Luna seemed frightened and ran back upstairs in a panic. (Why did I overreact so much?) Stewart thought. (Could it be the negative effect of the rose? Now that I think about it, even if most emotions have been suppressed by the society of my former world I shouldn't be able to kill a man without hesitation.) As he took out the rose he noticed something on his wrist, it looked like a door made of glass with complicated patterns on it. (Hmm? Klein had his simplified ritual on the back of his hand so could this be my special power for transmigrating?) Stewart thought. At this point Luna peeked around the corner of the staircase door.

Stewart turned around and looked at her and she recoiled back in fear. "Sorry about earlier." Stewart said. "It's fine, you let me stay here despite the danger it may cause." Luna replied quietly then ran back upstairs in a panic. After Luna left Stewart headed downstairs to try and test how his special power worked. He reached an empty space in his basement and started to examine the pattern carefully. After tracing every design in thin the pattern with his eyes. As he finished a flood of information about the glass gate was inserted directly into his brain, the information contained everything including how the door is used and what it is.

[Garden of glass: the garden of glass is a section of the spirit world that was formed separately at the beginning of everything.]

[Gate of glass: The only entrance and exit to the garden of glass, the gate of glass will move through the spirit world randomly and if the person exiting the garden of glass doesn't choose the location they want to be put down they will appear at a random location in the physical world. The more powerful the owner of the gate of glass is the more location can be set. Activated by chanting]

The garden that was present at the creation of all things,

The first fragment of the world of spirits to be created,

The garden created in the chaos before times existence,

Garden of glass I humbly request to enter to witness your greatness

This flood of information gave Stewart a feeling that his head was splitting apart. After the pain subsided he thought (I always read Klein having the feeling of being split apart, but it was the first time I felt it myself and I got to say that sucked. But... That wasn't a lot of information so that means it was really high level information. This is my special ability so it shouldn't hurt me, So.. might as well try it.)

After mentally preparing himself he chanted

"The garden that was present at the creation of all things,

The first fragment of the world of spirits to be created,

The garden created in the chaos before times existence,

Garden of glass I humbly request to enter to witness your greatness."

The symbol of the gate flew off his wrist, landed on the ground and started expanding. It stopped at around 3 meters tall and 2.5 meters wide. Stewart took a deep breath and pushed open the door. What he saw next was a garden surrounded by a fence made of glass, the garden itself was made of colourful glass with a courtyard-like building made of opaque glass in the center. (Maybe I should create my own secret organisation.) Stewart thought (That will be put as a maybe for now. Actually a travelling mysticism shop or library should be a better idea.) Stewart decided to do some tests so he walked toward the fence and tried to flip it but an invisible force blocked him. Then he turned around to look at the gate, from the knowledge he received at sequence 9 could set 3 fixed points. He chose to set his first fixed point in the basement of his shop.

At this point he looked at his pocket watch and saw that it was already 10:24 pm so Stewart left the garden of glass and froze. There was a little girl at the bottom of the staircase looking right at him... the atmosphere turned awkward as Stewart pulled out the glass rose out of his jacket. And hovered his finger over the second thorn. Surprisingly, instead of being afraid and running away or begging to be spared, her eyes sparkled as she asked "Is that the power of a beyonder!? Can you help me become one?" This surprised Stewart because people of low status shouldn't know about beyonders so he asked " You know about beyonders?" At this point Luna no longer gives the feeling of being suppressed and blurted out "Before my mom and dad helped me escape he told me that leader of the gang was once looked normal but one day he started giving off a gloomy aura and had also gotten stronger and later he used some of his connections and found out about beyonders." At this point Luna was out of breath. Stewart decided to hear what else she had to say so he brought her to the second floor and brewed some tea for her.

While he was brewing the tea he thought (From Luna's description the gang leader should be a corpse collector of the death pathway... is that gang a branch of the everlasting society?) Then he turned around and asked "Let me guess earlier you said you wanted to become a beyonder so you probably want to become a beyonder to get revenge for your parents right?" After receiving an affirmative nod Stewart continued "I can help you become a beyonder of the ________ pathway in exchange for loyalty. How does that sound?"

POLL

your choice effect the future story

What pathway will Luna go down?