Chapter 29: Unknown Zombie

"What was that for!?" Stewart asked loudly. "How do you know about my mother and brother." Xio said through her teeth. "Oh... right, that's supposed to be a secret huh. Sorry I know so much I forgot that was supposed to be a secret." Stewart said, realizing his mistake. Xio looked blankly at Stewart. "I had this question before but how does an idiot like you know so much." Stewart fell silent after hearing this. (That's right, why aren't I more cautious. From the memories I have of my past life I'm not this impulsive. Could it be that the original owner's memories and personality are affecting me?)

"What are you thinking about? You're spacing out." Xio said, waving her hand in front of Stewarts face. "Oh It's nothing we should go now, it's almost breakfast time. Stewart said, snapping back from his thoughts. "By the way have you had breakfast, I'll buy you some if you haven't." Stewart looked over at Xio's expressions which didn't change much as she said. "I've already eaten, let's go straight to the bar. If you haven't eaten you can get something to eat there." Xio and Stewart left the apartment and walked toward the bar. "Are bars even open this early?" Stewart asked Xio. "Bars are more lively at night but there is still a good place for new bounties and information in the morning." Xio answered.

After arriving at the bar Xio walked straight to the counter while Stewart trailed a bit further behind. As Stewart walked he also looked around. (Xio was right, there are people here in the morning. What miserable lives drowning each and every day in alcohol.) But when Stewart blinked he noticed something. He couldn't sense the man sitting in the corner of the bar, Stewart took a closer look at the man and noticed that his skin color looked normal but his skin was dry, his eyes were sunken and his ears and nose looked shriveled. (A zombie? The person controlling it put makeup on the zombie to make it look normal. The only sequence I know that can control zombies is Chained. It could be a marinette though. If it was, it wouldn't be in such a state of decay .) Stewart retracted his gaze and ignored the Zombie in the corner of the bar.

Xio had at this point walked back toward Stewart. "These are a few good bounties." Xio said, holding a few pieces of paper. "Alright Let's find a table and talk." Stewart said, pointing at a table across the room from the zombie. Just as Xio was about to explain the bounties she grabbed, Stewart asked. "How confident are you that we can beat a Sequence 6?" Xio looked up weirdly at Stewart. "Are you crazy? And also where is this coming from?" Stewart lowered his voice to a whisper and said. "There is a zombie in the bar right now. According to my knowledge only the prisoner pathways Sequence 6 Zombie can control corpses. The prisoner pathway is controlled by the rose school of thought which is half good half bad. It could be someone from the temperance faction though but they don't come from the east borough so most likely someone from the desire faction."

"Do you have any sealed artifacts that can counter him?" Xio asked. "Not... really but he would make a good sealed artifact." Stewart replied without much confidence." If we can't beat him then why are you asking?" Xio asked, more confused than before. "I just... felt it was weird that there is a zombie here. They mostly operate in the southern continent the only time they would come here is when..." Stewart cut off after thinking of something. (Could they be here for Sharron and Maric? They like to indulge in there desires but there not stupid so even if they want to attack Sharron and Maric it won't be right away. And why are they in the east borough Sharron and Maric Aren't here. Eh, I'll worry about it later.) Stewart just finished his thought when she heard. "Hey, hey you, why did you suddenly cut off?" Xio asked, waving her hand in front of Stewart's eyes. "Ah, sorry. Forget what I said let's get back to the bounties you were talking about." Xio rolled her eyes and started explaining the bounties.

Stewart and Xio left the bar deciding to go for a bounty on a gang leader's right hand man. "Are you sure the gang won't get revenge on us if we kill this guy? There are quite a few low sequence beyonders in east borough gangs." Stewart asked. "From the description of the man who put up this bounty it should be the gang leader so there won't be any problems. Xio replied, looking down at the bounty. "Have you ever thought if this is a trap set by the gang leader to lure bounty hunters in?" Stewart suggested. "I have, remember I have been doing this for a long time."

As Xio said they finished the hunt without a hitch, the target ran and tried to find help but Coincidentally there were no members of the gang around. "Have you noticed?" Xio asked as they walked back toward the bar with the target's head? "Huh? Noticed what?" Stewart asked, walking carelessly. "You seriously have no sense of danger do you. The so-called zombie you told me about in the bar is following us." Xio said disappointed. "Look I don't have any anti-tracking abilities and my sensing ability can't sense dead things. So what do you think we should do? Kill him or lose him." Stewart asked in a serious but light hearted manner. "You said the person controlling the zombie is most likely sequence 6 so lets lose him for now." Xio said. Xio started running as Stewart followed. As Stewart blinked he noticed that there were people looking at something he couldn't sense behind him.

"Xio I can fly using one of my sealed artifacts so if we can find a hidden place where no one can see us I can get us out of here." Stewart whispered while panting, barely being able to keep up with Xio. "Alright I know a place." Xio said as she made a sharp turn as Stewart followed. Xio ran all the way to the edge of the east borough, the edge Backlund where hardly anyone ever sets foot. and yelled. "From here!" Stewart without a second thought grabbed Xio and deployed the wings of glass and flew straight out of Backlund.