Chapter 19: Daly and Dunn

(I don't think people can keep their vision after their eyes spin like googly eyes.) Stewart thought. (People in Backlund also don't care for the east borough so if this article got on the newspaper that means that the birds have started attacking people outside the east borough. This will most likely catch the attention of these official beyonders, well that just makes life easier for me. Jeez and here I thought the person behind the birds was smart and he exclusively attacked people in the east borough because that won't catch anyone's attention. But it seems I overestimated his intelligence.) Stewart finished his breakfast and went to the apothecary to grab the plant ingredient for the archaeologist potion. Stewart was able to buy blue lavender and hydrangea from the apothecary but found out that creeping vine is extremely poisonous and can be used for medicinal purposes so the apothecary almost wanted to get the police when Stewart requested it.

(Great one more ingredient I have to buy from beyonder gatherings or go look for myself. I guess the poison is meant to help strengthen the body.) Stewart thought as he walked out of the apothecary with a sigh of relief. "If Mr. Eye of wisdom didn't confirm this recipe was real. I would have thought the Artisan backing the lady was trying to kill me." Stewart walked down the street and started to think about the future. (Right now I still have no idea who is trying to kill me. The only time I was in proximity to him was in east balam also now that I think about it I don't think the bird people are beyonders they got strong way too fast. The first time I see them they were badly wounded by a sequence 8 sealed artifact and not even a month later they gained the strength to not only forcefully destroy a sequence 6's attack but also travel through the spirit world.

Not to mention when Klein gets to this world everything will go to hell. I have to get to at least sequence 8 by the end of june.)

(Hmm I only have so much money and time that maybe I should go get the shell of a tomb dwelling ancient scarab and the dust from an ancient tomb by myself. Amon's tomb is way too dangerous and so is Sauron-Einhorn-Medici's tomb. Other than that I don't remember the book ever mentioning any other tomb I could currently access, Do I... have to go look for a tomb... myself) Stewart thought. (Mr. Eye of Wisdom gathering isn't called at a set interval so I can't put all my hope there. Wait... does the hidden room in Barron Lamub mansion count as a tomb? Well it's worth a try. It's the best bet I got.) Stewart went straight to the train station and bought a second class train ticket for the train heading to Tingen at 9 the next day.

May 27th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart got up very early and headed toward the train station. Backlund's morning is very foggy Stewart could barely see outside the carriage he was in, he wondered how experienced a coachman had to be to drive a carriage through this kind of fog. Stewart looked at his pocket watch which showed that it was 8 am and thought. (I thought that there would be some accident or delay on the road but there wasn't... so I got here way too early.) Stewart looked around and went to a nearby cafe for breakfast. Stewart sat in the cafe looking outside the window as the morning fog in Backlund started to settle. Stewart heard the bell hung at the cafe's door ring and looked over in habit. (Spirit mediums cloth, blue eyeshadow, green eyes and black hair... this person looks exactly like how Daly was described in the book could it be her?)

"Waitress, I would like to order," The lady said. "Ah! Miss. Simone I see you are heading to Tingen again" The waitress replied. "Yes that is the case." Daly replied. Stewart sat a few seats away from Daly and listened to their conversation. (So it is Daly... maybe I should give her a little push, at least let Daly and Dun have a few happy days before his death so there isn't so much regret. If they have a few happy days it may make things worse later but I think it's still better the regret and I think they'll agree too.) After confirming this thought he grabbed the notepad and pen he had on him and wrote.

[This is a story about two people... a genius woman who felt cold like a corpse and used others to make herself feel warmth and a mediocre man who was like a bright ray of sunlight bringing happiness to everyone who knew him. The man and the woman both liked each other though neither knew the other's feelings. The woman felt like she was thilth and didn't deserve the man and the man felt he was too mediocre and didn't deserve the woman. But one day a man holding a quill killed the man. This led the woman to seek revenge which led to her demise. All they could do was try and find each other again in the kingdom of the evernight goddess.]

Stewart decided to tell her anonymously this way so he wouldn't get noticed by the nighthawks. ( I'll put this on Daly when I have a chance. Daly may have some doubts about this at first but it should still give her a push, but who knows this could also serve as a warning that could save Dunn. I should stay in Tingen because I got to make sure that Klein dies in that fight. This may weaken his revenge fueled anger but I may be able to push a few buttons and also I could help Klein in the fight in place of Daly. The biggest unknown in this scenario is Leonard. I don't know if he would join the red gloves just because of Klein's death. Well if something doesn't play out that's a future problem. I could always push a few buttons in the future to keep the plot on track.)