Chapter 20: Panic

Stewart continued to keep an eye on Daly and noticed nothing out of the usual. (The book never mentioned Daly going to Tingen a month before the beginning of the story, the nighthawk in Tingen should have already received the news about Ince Zangwill through telegraph so it can't be that... wonder what happened.) Stewart thought while exiting the cafe and heading toward the train station. Stewart stood on the platform with many others as they waited for the train to come into the station. (It sure is crowded. I wouldn't have chosen the train if I weren't afraid of teleporting to somewhere dangerous with the garden of glass.) Stewart thought as he maneuvered his way through the crowd.

Stewart arrived at the seat he was assigned to and found that it was a room with four seats, two on each side with a table in the middle. Stewart found his seat and sat down and waited. Soon three more people came in a couple and Daly. (What luck.) Stewart thought (Here I thought with this era's rules wouldn't allow single men and women in such close proximity. I'm not complaining, it makes my plan easier to pull off.) Stewart moved his gaze after only a second to not arouse suspicion. Daly sat right across from him and started reading a book. Stewart could only sit there and organize all the messy information in his head. It was his first time riding a train since most people in the modern day drove cars and he used teleportation for most long distance travel since he got to this world. The train was surprisingly smooth, not sudden bumps or anything like that. The train ride from Backlund to Tingen would last one day so people would have their lunch on the train. Stewart had his eyes closed while thinking so the people sitting with him assumed he was sleeping.

So when the other three people went to the meal cart for lunch Stewart found a chance and slipped the note he had written in the cafe deep into Daly's bag. But before doing that he signed at the bottom of his note the Glass Angel. (This will be my official introduction to the Official Beyonder teams and the orthadox churches.) Stewart thought as he did this. People left their bags in their seats because the security in second class carts was pretty tight. After Stewart successfully slipped the note into Daly's bag Stewart also headed to the meal cart. After finishing his meal Stewart returned to his cart and found that Daly had already returned to her seat. Daly hadn't found the note yet since she had her wallet and other important items on her. Stewart continued to think until he slowly fell asleep.

The whistle signaling that the train was pulling into the station woke Stewart up as people got up from their seats, grabbed their bags and got off the train in an orderly line. Stewart followed after the couple which left the room first. Daly didn't seem to be in a hurry and Stewart didn't get to see her again after he got off the train. (That was close, good thing I decided to slip the note in her bag during lunch. If I didn't do that I wouldn't have had another chance.) Stewart thought as he once again maneuvered through the crowd getting off the train. It was already evening when the train arrived in Tingen. Stewart found an inn near the Tingen train station and slept through the night.

May 28th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Tingen

Stewart woke up to the defining sound of a train whistle. (God is this what it feels like in the Victorian era?) Stewart thought covering his ears with his pillow. It was already morning and Stewart couldn't fall asleep again so he got up and dressed himself. Stewart went to the dining room of the inn and got some food mostly consisting of soup and bread. Stewart decided to go to Barron Lamud territory the next day and only take a look around Tingen today. Stewart first went to Tingen university and see if he could get a chance to Mr. Azik the Death Consul. When Stewart arrived at Tingen university, The university was not very guarded so Stewart was able to enter the university undetected. Since it was class time there weren't too many students or teachers in the University courtyard. Stewart roamed around the courtyard avoiding any people.

(Mr. Azik is probably teaching class right now so I probably won't get a chance to meet him today. Stewart was about to leave when he saw a thinly built man with black hair and brown eyes who was surrounded by a distinctly scholarly air. (Poor guy... He's going to die in a month or so) Stewart thought as he recognized that person as the original Klein Moretti. Stewart left the university and headed to the divination club to see if he could find Hanass Vincent. Stewart entered the divination club and asked the accountant which was most likely Angelica Barrehart and asked. "Is Mr. Vincent here?" The Accountant looked up and said. "Sorry sir but Mr.Vincent isn't here right now. He hadn't come here in quite a while." Stewart thought. (What could Hanass Vincent be up to right now? I don't remember the book mentioning the aurora order having any plan in Tingen at this moment.) After he finished the thought he replied. "Well that is too bad I guess I'll come bad another day."

Stewart came out of the divination club and looked at his pocket watch. (It's already 12:56 am huh. I think I'll go get some lunch.) Stewart thought. Stewart went to a nearby cafe and got a Tortilla for 5 pences. Stewart then went to the street where the blackthorn security company was and took a look around. (This is where a tragedy is going to happen in the future. Wonder if Daly saw my note yet the note may seem suspicious but the part about the man with the pen will probably get the entire church's attention. With their intelligence they should know what Ince Zangwill and may even put more forces here... wait... GOD THIS MIGHT MESS UP THE ENTIRE PLOT! Then all my knowledge about the plot of the book will mean nothing!