Chapter 31: Equinox Flower

"Cures?" Xio asked "What pathways are good at those?" Stewart thought for a second and said. "From what I know the Prisoner and Assassin. The main organizations that control these pathways are the Demoness Sect and the Blood Sanctify Sect. But even if I know this I ca not do anything about it right now... Let's head back to Backlund." Stewart and Xio started walking back to Backlund, even though Stewart was not actually injured he still felt the pain and walked slowly. They talked about a lot of random things while walking. Stewart even hinted that the person behind him was more than a sequence 6 to make some things in the future easier.

11: 34 AM

Stewart and Xio finally reached the edge of Backlund. "Right Let us go collect the bounty, And get some food, my treat." Stewart said after setting foot on the well paved ground of the Backlund bridge area. "Alright." Xio said, slightly lifting the arm holding a bag. "But let's go eat first. I'm starving." After having a filling lunch at a decent restaurant. Stewart and Xio started to head back to the east borough to turn in the bounty, it was only a bounty of 3 pounds but that was still a lot of money for someone working in this field.

Stewart felt tired and returned home, changed his clothes and flopped on his bed. Stewart felt tired both mentally and physically, a combination of almost losing control and a long walk drained all the energy from his body. He buried his face into his pillow and finally decided to straighten out all the thought he had pushed back and created a rough timeline. (First was my life before university, then the mostly missing scene which I can only assume was a group photo taken with my work colleagues, there is also a memory I do not know where to place the desperate screams without any other context. Then came I transmigrated on purpose and most likely out of desperation, into a body born as a sequence 9 savant and died of a weird ritual... which I got rid of all the traces of... which could be my only clue to how the original owner died and who is targeting me right now.) Stewart used his last bit of strength to slap himself. (Why was past me so stupid!? Well it's no use now, but this also brings up something weird, the original owner didn't notice he had extraordinary powers and only thought he was extremely smart so how did he get his hands on the ritual and why did he do it?) Stewart slowly drifted off to sleep.

June 7th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart felt refreshed after a good night's sleep. Stewart washed up, had some food and slumped into his dust covered armchair. (I haven't cleaned this thing in a long time. Back to my thoughts from yesterday. If the people who are targeting me and the people who killed the original owner are the same people then the original owner most likely died of a curse. There is no reason for someone who is this good a curse to target a sequence 9 so the constant attacks may have something to do with this body's father. I don't have any more clues for now so I will figure this out when I have more clues. I also messed up part of the story's main plot by warning Daly about Ince Zangwill's attack and Dunn's Death, I still have no idea what kind of butterfly effect that will cause.) Stewart sank deeper into his armchair and laughed. (What kind of desperation pushed me to transmigrate into such a dangerous world? From my past memories I could think of 100 other fictional worlds that are safer than this one, and that includes 4 or 5 worlds also based off the Cthulhu mythos.)

Stewart stood up from his armchair and started dusting and cleaning the house. By the time he finished it was already noon. He decided he should finally get to know his neighbors, Stewart went to a nearby mall to get some gifts for his neighbors even though he had not talked to them much through his daily observation he knew what quite a few of his neighbors liked. A bottle of 1 pound wine for his neighbor to his left. Some daily groceries for the old lady with leg problems to the left and a few more gifts for all his other neighbors. Stewart returned and gave the gifts to his neighbors, After a few short chats and getting acquainted with each other Stewart returned home.

June 8th Year 1349 5th Epoch , Backlund

Stewart saw an ad on the newspaper delivered to him in the morning and started getting ready for another gathering. (I have the money, I should buy some spiritual material to make some magical items and increase my combat power since whoever is targeting me is actively trying to kill me.) Nothing really notable happened during the gathering Stewart bought two pieces of spiritual material. The bladder of a lungfish, and the feather of a golden eagle. After returning home Stewart brought the two pieces of spiritual material into the garden of glass. The item went into different items. The lungfish bladders into an apple and the feather into a fallen flower petal. They both began to change but very slowly. (What's happening usually the sealed artifact and magical item instantly? Could it be that the lower spirituality the item contains the slower the Garden of glass absorbs it? The Aura was from a Sefirah, the wings from a characteristic and the pebble was from a main ingredient, wonder what these will turn into. Stewart looked around the garden as he waited but a glint of red caught his eye in a vast garden of clear glass. Stewart was curious and went to take a closer look, it was a flower, an equinox flower.