16

"that's the worst seungmin. i can't even imagine." felix says as he sips on some orange juice.

"mhm. so that's why im here," seungmin says. "and you felix?"

felix glanced at chan and chan nodded. felix explained the entire situation with his family and his sisters, and the heartbroken boy was in shock. "i'm okay now though. chan, he saved my life." felix said as chan put his arm around him.

"do you have any idea how long this has been going on?" chan asked. "no.. probably a few months now though. i'm not too surprised, considering it's hyunjin." he sighed and a melancholy look morphed into an annoyed look. "he never lets me have anything."

changbin furrowed a brow. "what.. what do you mean, seung?" seungmin gulped and looked deep in thought. "i guess it all adds up now." he checked his phone, and his eyes widened when it turned on. changbin looked over and his eyes widened as well.

"what's it say?" chan asked. seung looked confused, and pissed. he showed his phone over to chan and felix.

---
jin.. : hey seungmin, i'm sorry.
i don't know what i was doing,
i didn't mean it. no hard
feelings, right?
---

;
now you suck.
;

"it's always no hard feelings with him. i can't do this anymore. i can't give him any more chances." seungming teared up.

"seung, sit." changbin pulled him into his lap and he trembles for a little. he opens his mouth, but no words come out of it.

"a bit more than half a year ago."

-
FLASHBACK: end of summer, before school starts

seungmin and hyunjin sat together drinking milkshakes at the park, since it was quite hot out.

"haha yeah, i hope we're put in the same homeroom this year." hyunjin smiles at him. " i do too, even though i heard most of the teachers this year are pretty bad. apparently jisung got recommended to a certain homeroom since he was in the art extracurricular." seungmin said, taking a sip of his cold vanilla drink.

"i heard about that too!" he exclaimed. "i think i might have to get a job soon though, haha. i don't wanna keep living with my parents, since like almost everyone in our friend group lives in their own apartments." seungmin nods. "i want a boyfriend to move in with." he smiles and starts to feel even sweatier than he did before. hyunjin's face lights up. "a crush? i sense that you have a crush." he giggles.

seungmin side eyes him and takes another sip of his shake. "well... yeah. i might fancy someone." he smiles. "who is it? is he in our friend group? is he cute?" hyunjin asks like a ball of sunshine. "he is in our friend group," seungmin sighs. "i don't think he likes me though." hyunjin's face lights up even more. "who is it?!"

"promise not to tell?"

"promise."

they both stuck out their pinkies and intertwined them, and made a pinky promise.

"well, it miight be changbin." seungmin giggled and started getting all squirmy, not paying attention to the fact that hyunjin's smile had dropped. "oh, ah. yay! that's great, seung." he took a sip of his milkshake to shield his face.

seungmin smiled even more. "i don't think he likes me though, i wish he did." he returned to his neutral face. "i wouldn't know." hyunjin said in a less cheery attitude.

"i've liked him for a little while now. i just didn't tell anyone. but i wanted to tell you, since you're my best friend jin. i really trust you." seungmin said.