Chapter 15: The Ark Of Taujeer

"There's no point in debating this further. Zarkon is clearly tracking us through me," Allura said as they were all debating on how Zarkon was finding them everytime.
"Aww, space baloney," Lance grunted.
"That's not possible," Pidge simply told Allura.
"Why would that be so hard to believe?" Allura asked Pidge, "Zarkon's forces showed up on Arus only after I awoke."
"She's got a point," Lance said and he smirked at the princess, "I would absolutely travel across the galaxy to find you."
"Simp," Maisey scoffed and received an annoyed glare from Lance.
"It's not you, Princess Allura. It's me," Keith said and everyone frowned confused.
"Because?" Hunk asked Keith.
"I just think Zarkon must've imprinted on me during our fight or something," Keith explained.
"This isn't Twilight, Pretty Boy," Maisey scoffed as she folded her arms, "he's not finding us through you."
"Look, the fact is, we don't know how Zarkon is tracking us," Pidge said, "it could be through the Black Lion. Every time Zarkon gets close to it, Shiro has to fight him for control."
"That's only when Zarkon is nearby," Coran said, "no Paladin has ever been able to connect with a lion over a vast distance."
"There weren't a lot of Paladins before us, Coran," Maisey said, "there's a first for everything. I agree with Pidge, it makes more sense then tracking us through the princess or Keith."
"How does that make more sense?" Keith asked her.
"Zarkon probably found us the first time because of a sudden activity from this Castle that hadn't worked in over ten thousand years back on Arus," Maisey explained, "and besides Zarkon being evil I doubt he has the capeability of imprinting on anyone or anything otherwise he would've done that ten thousand years ago when he tried to capture voltron the first time."
Everyone just simply stared at her with wide open eyes as if they had never even seen her before. Maisey frowned confused.
"What?" She asked them.
"Nothing," Pidge said, "you just said something that actually made sense for once."
"It's known to happen from time to time," Maisey smiled.
"So what are we going to do?" Hunk asked.
"Look, it doesn't matter how he's tracking us because we're gonna take the fight to the Galra soon enough," Shiro said, "they've been chasing us from galaxy to galaxy. The last thing they expect is for us to come after them."
"The hunter becomes the hunted, hmm?" Lance smirked excited, "awesome! That's the tag line from like six of my favorite movies."
"As it happens, I took our list of recent Galra attacks and analyzed it for both commonalities and anomalies among the attack sites," Pidge said, "I was hoping to create an algorithm that would, within a statistically acceptable margin of error, provide a list of target-rich Galra environments color-coded, of course, because what are we, animals?"
"Cool! What is it again?" Lance asked.
"It's a Galra finder?" Hunk questioned.
"Well, "finder" suggests that it locates the Galra, whereas it would be more accurate to say that my model predicts their likeliest," Pidge said but everyone shot her a confused look, "fine. It's a Galra finder."
"So, where are the Galra?" Lance asked.
"The nearest ones are right here. A planet called Taujeer," Pidge said.
"Then that's where we're headed," Shiro said, "everyone should get some sleep. Tomorrow, we'll find that Galra fleet and take it out."
"You don't have to tell me twice," Maisey said as she walked off the bridge, "good night everyone! Do not disturb me until I have to get up. Bye bye!"

"We should be entering Taujeer's orbit soon," Coran said.
"Raise the particle barrier. Scan for Galra," Shiro said, "where are Keith and Allura?"
Maisey shot up from her seat scanning the room for Keith and Allura as jealousy suddenly took over.
"It appears that one of the pods launched in the middle of the night," Coran said.
"Wait a minute, Keith and Allura? In the middle of the night?" Lance asked, "you don't think they're sittin' in a tree?"
"No!" Maisey shouted at Lance and he shot her a surprised look, "where are they?"
"Contact the pod," Shiro said.
"Yes! Contact that pod!" Lance shouted.
"Princess, Keith, where are you?" Shiro asked.
"Exactly where we should be, far away from the Castle," Allura replied.
"What? Why?" Shiro asked.
"We must know if we are the ones Zarkon is tracking," Allura explained and Maisey huffed out some air as she folded her arms.
"They're isolating the variable," Pidge said, "well, isolating two variables."
"In English, please?" Lance asked.
"In order to test a hypothesis-"
"I said English," Lance interrupted.
"Never mind!" Pidge grunted annoyed.
"Pidge is right," Allura said, "if Zarkon finds you despite my absence, we will know with total certainty that we are not the ones he is tracking."
"Splitting up the group makes us far more vulnerable," Shiro said, "come back to the Castle immediately."
"I'm sorry, Shiro, I cannot do that," Allura said and Maisey grunted annoyed.
"If Zarkon does find us, I can pilot us to safety," Keith said and she rolled her eyes, "we're in wide-open space with plenty of room to maneuver. Plus, we'd be able to outrun him. Pidge added that booster rocket."
"That thing's still on there?" Coran asked.
"We need both of you back here now!" Shiro said but their communication system was struggling, "what's goin' on? "
"We're in some sort of debris field," Hunk said.
"I believe it's coming from Taujeer," Coran said, "correction: I think it is Taujeer! "
"Coran, what's going on-" Allura asked.
"You would've known if you were here!" Maisey shouted.
"Some kind of radiation from the planet is interfering with communications!" Coran said.
"Move the Castle away from the planet and reestablish the link," Shiro said, "everyone else, get to your lions."
They all got to their lions but Maisey was still annoyed with Keith and Allura for just leaving them like that. She stomped her way to her lion and sat down in her seat.