Chapter 55: Day Forty-Seven

"What happened when Honerva dragged you into the black void?" Allura asked Maisey after the battle.
"She said she knew something about my heritage," Maisey said, "she said the white lion chooses it's paladin by blood. But that's impossible right?"
Allura frowned as if she was in a deep thought.
"She really said that?" Allura asked confused. Since Allura was so oblivious she thought that Honerva must have been lying. Because Allura knew everything.
"Yeah, why?" Maisey asked, curious for Allura's answer since she actually knew the Paladins back then.
"The first paladin of the white lion was Altean," Allura said.
"Wait, there were two Altean Paladins?" Maisey asked. She knew the story of Zarkon and Alfor.. but Allura never mentioned the white paladin before..
"Yes," Allura frowned as if she was realizing something, "my father had offered the white lion to an Olkari at first, but the lion refused, then an unilu, but it also refused and after many tries an Altean decided to try it and the white lion choose it's paladin. That's why there were two Altean Paladins."
"Did you know the white paladin?"
"Yes, she was my aunt," Allura said. Maisey frowned, was Honerva suggesting that she was somehow related to Allura?
"What are you two talking about?" Keith asked as he wrapped an arm around Maisey.
"The white lion," Allura shrugged, "she is all yours now."
Allura smiled and walked towards Lance. Maisey sighed, there was no way that Honerva was talking the truth. No, way.
"So, it's pretty late, I say let's head to bed," Keith whispered in her ear.
"Sounds great," Maisey smiled as she turned around and kissed him.

"Maisey, wake up," Keith said softly.
"Why? Your chest sleeps so good," Maisey grunted as she tightend her grip around him. Due to the traveling in the lions she hadn't spend much time with him so being able to sleep in his arms again was calming and magical to her.
"We have to get some breakfast and head to work," Keith said as he brushed a stroke of hair behind her ear.
"Ugh," Maisey grunted rolling to the other side, "why can't we just have one day in which we can sleep the entire day?"
"Because we have to save the universe," Keith said.

"What a gentlemen," Maisey laughed as Keith brought her breakfast along, "bringing me my breakfast."
"Yeah, because you were too lazy to get it yourself," Keith frowned and kissed her forehead.
"Oh yes!" Rizavi shouted as she ran towards Keith and Maisey, "this documentary will be sooo much better if we interviewed the universe's favorite couple; Keisey!"
"Keisey?" Keith repeated. Maisey had already heard their shipname, she wouldn't be surprised if her sister was also actually the one to spread it.
"It's a ship name," Maisey said, "our names combined makes Keisey."
"Yeah, so can we interview you?" Rizavi asked, but she never waited for an answer, "great! So what's going on?"
"Right, well, the atlas is headed to the Grei-Aye system," Maisey explained, "where we have identified the remains of a disabled robeast."
"Those things are pretty dangerous right?" Rizavi asked.
"Well yeah," Maisey shrugged as she ate some of her breakfast.
"Okay, Keith why don't you tell us about the dangers of this mission?" Rizavi asked and the camera turned to Keith.
"Well, every mission has it's own inherent dangers," Keith said.
"So how will you get to work?" Kinkade asked.
"Ugh, boring!" Rizavi shouted, "we need better questions, so Maisey, how did you meet Keith?"
"At the Garrison, we bumped into each other I apologized and he got weird," Maisey said.
"So, would you say it was love at first sight?"
"You can't ask her that," Kinkade stated.
"Why not?"
"Because you know she dated James first," Kinkade said.
"Oh my God," Maisey groaned in embarrasment.
"Oooh, so what's it like changing between rivals?" Rizavi asked her and Maisey was about to bang her head against the table.
"She didn't switch between rivals," Keith said oblivious to what they were doing, "she had a thing with Lotor too."
"Why Keith?" Maisey grunted. It was the whole 'when I say vol you say tron' thing again.
"This just keeps getting better," Rizavi said as she clapped her hands in excitement, "so, Keith, how do feel about the fact that the voltron show had Maisey paired up with Shiro?"
"They did what?!" Keith asked. Keith had indeed not seen the voltron show.
"They paired you up with Allura and Avrigg with Lotor so calm down," Maisey sighed.
"Why are you asking us these questions?" Keith asked, clearly not getting the hint.
"Because people deserve something juicy," Rizavi said.
"Oh dear lord," Maisey groaned. She wasn't enjoying this interview anymore. She regretted that she got out of bed that morning.
"So, when are you two going to have babies?" Rizavi asked.
"WHAT?!" Keith and Maisey screamed in unison. Which caused Hunk to walk to their direction.
"Are you making a movie? Can I be in it?" He asked.
"Yes, please take over for me," Maisey said as she got up and walked away.
"Oh, Maisey there you are!" Romelle shouted as she ran through the hallways, "I really need to talk to you."
"About what?" She asked.
"Avrigg," Romelle's face appeard as a cloud of worries, "something's wrong, but she won't speak with me. She keeps on ignoring the subject and then there is this weird blonde girl following her around all day.. I'm worried."
"Nina," Maisey grunted enraged. She was so done with that stupid girl destroying her sister's life. Maisey knew that she was a paladin of voltron and she should set the example and she also knew that she decided to not rely on anger the entire time, but she was really going to punch Nina until she couldn't speak anymore.
"Who's Nina?" Romelle asked confused, but Maisey was more confused that she didn't know. They had been together for a few weeks now, Maisey had assumed they would've had the awkward ex talk.
"Avrigg's ex girlfriend," Maisey sighed, "she cheated on Avrigg back in the day and strang her along like a puppet. She had a big impact on her life, which is why Avrigg is so anxious around others and why she is pushing you away. Nina is probably still harassing her."
She was convinced that Shiro would've dealt with the annoying girl, but apparantly not so. Probably because Avrigg wasn't talking about it. He had no idea what was happening with Avrigg because she never mentioned it. It was to be expected.
"Does she still love Nina?"
"No," Maisey answered, "I think she fears her."
And then from out of nowhere a switch inside of Romelle flipped. The worried expression on her face disappeard and she stomped away with her fists balded. Maisey was startled for a moment since she had never seen Romelle visibly angry. But she quickly followed behind.
"Romelle, are you okay?" Maisey asked.
"I am perfectly fine," she grunted as she stood infront the door of the training deck.
Once the door opened there were only two people on the training deck: Avrigg and Nina.
"You know," Nina cackled with her obnoxious voice, "purple doesn't suit you. It makes you look fat."
Nina reached for Avrigg's arm but Avrigg tried to walk away and continue training, she tried to remain strong but Maisey saw how much it broke her.
"You know, you should really be grateful I even considered taking you as my girlfriend," Nina said, "I mean, you were the most pathetic person to have ever lived and you're so unattractive so of course my friends dared me to get together with you, just to prove how pathetic you really are."
"Can't you just act like an adult?" Avrigg asked but her voice was trembling.
"Oh, honey," Nina laughed, "you still are the most pathetic person alive, and you've grown even more ugly."
Maisey was stunned by what she was saying and before she could even act, Romelle already went on a rampage.
"OI! YOU QUIZNAKING  PIECE OF SHIT!" Romelle shouted at Nina as she stomped towards the now shocked girl, "YOU LEAVE MY GIRLFRIEND ALONE OR I WILL PERSONALLY SHOOT YOU TO THE ENDS OF THE UNIVERSE!"
"Your girlfriend? Honey, you could do better than that," Nina cackled.
Romelle lifted her arm up, balded her hand into a fist and with all the Altean power she had she punched Nina right in her face. Maisey could actually hear her nose break as she slid across the room to only bump into the wall. Blood was staining her Garrison uniform and Romelle shook off her hand like it was nothing. Maisey and Avrigg gasped.
"Excuse you," Romelle grunted, "but she is the most magnificent person in this universe and she deserves to be treated with respect, you on the other hand are the most disgusting, nut brained dimbo in the history of disgusting, nut brained dimbo's!"
Maisey and Avrigg were observing with their mouths wide open, both impressed by Romelle.
"If you ever come near my girlfriend again I will destroy you," Romelle huffed as she whipped her hair back and walked out like a diva, "I'm really hungry for a fruit pie now."
"Are you okay?" Maisey asked her sister as the two followed behind Romelle.
"Yes, I am," Avrigg said, "Romelle did what I couldn't."
"Punch her lights out?"
"That too," Avrigg shrugged, "but accepting me for who I am."
"She was talking the truth," Maisey said, "you are the most magnificent person in the universe, she knows it, now you need to know it too."
For the first time in a long time Avrigg seemed genuinely happy, Maisey saw how she observed Romelle and she knew that Romelle was the perfect fit for Avrigg because they were good for each other. They helped each other and they protected each other. It seemed like Avrigg was finally past the anxiety named Nina, like she was finally accepting that she was who she was and all that thanks to Romelle. Maisey nor their mother ever managed to do that, not even Vryss who helped her show her Galra side. No, all she needed was Romelle.

"Everyone report to your battle stations immidiatly!" Iverson called.
They ended up having to fight of an octopus like alien on a gas planet and it wasn't easy. But several hours later they finally arrived in the Grei-Aye system and the Paladins were just getting ready for battle. Maisey was telling everyone about how Romelle had punched Nina and Lance actually cheered for it.
"Lance, how are you feeling about this mission?" Rizavi asked,
"Oh hey! I'm feeling good I guess," Lance said, "a little tense I guess. Maybe a lot tense. I don't know. Why'd you ask me that question?!"
"I think what Lance is trying to say is that he'll be fine," Allura said as she managed to calm him down, "we all will."
"Let's move out," Keith said, "Maisey, could you please stop telling people about Nina's broken nose and get to work?"
"Coming!" Maisey said as she cheerfully walked towards Keith and she took his helmet out of his hands. She stood on her toes, gave him a small kiss and than put his helmet on for him. He chuckled as he layed his hand in the small of her back just before they had to separate.
"Paladins, come in," Shiro said when they had just landed near the robeast.
"The robeast looks disabled, just like reported," Pidge said.
"The Altean should be nearby," Keith said, "let's move closer."
But somehow a part of the robeast started working again,
"Paladins, brace for impact," Shiro said as the robeast part started shooting.
"I didn't know it could do that!" Hunk cried out.
They finally managed to stop it and get the Altean.
After the mission Keith and Maisey were talking, but they didn't know they were being recorded the entire time.
"When Allura and I went to attack Honerva, back on Oriande, she got me into a black void and told me something," Maisey sighed.
"What did she say?" Keith asked as he took her hand in his.
"That the White lion chooses it's paladin by blood," Maisey said.
"How's that even possible? I doubt the white paladin was a human back then," Keith scoffed.
"No," Maisey said, "it was an Altean, it was Allura's aunt."
"What?" Keith asked confused, "what are you implying Mais?"
"Nothing, it just makes me wonder who my father is," she sighed, "of course I've always kind of wondered what kind of man my father is but right now, after hearing that it's making me question everything. It's just so confusing and I just really want to find him, so I can clear things up."
"When this is over I will help you look for your father," Keith said, "after all you were always there for me when I discovered I have Galran blood in my veins."
"I will always be there for you," she said softly and the two kissed. But it got interrupted by a loud 'oooohh that is so cute' and then they saw Rizavi and Kinkade hide behind some of the stored supplies.
"Are you kidding me?" Keith shouted frustrated.
"Come on," Maisey said, "let's just go to bed, I could use an early night in."
"Are we really going to sleep?" Keith asked with a smirk on his face.
"Why? What did you have in mind?" Maisey had a hunch.
"Pillow fight?" He asked and Maisey chuckled expecting something else than a pillow fight.
Keith pulled her up into his arms walking towards her room, a lot of people were confused by this but Maisey couldn't stop laughing as her head rested in the crook of his neck.
"Why did you feel the need to do that?" Maisey laughed.
"Just practicing for later," Keith said softly. Maisey smiled upon his comment and kissed his cheek.

Avrigg's a pretty attractive woman right? That Nina girl doesn't know what she's talking about.
Do you think there is more to Maisey's heritage or is Honerva just making things up?
I hope you all liked this chapter and stay safe!
Bye