Chapter 6: Goofy And Serious

"I can't tell if he's breathing healthy or not," Hunk said as he looked at Lance's pod, "nor can I tell if she does."
They were walking back and forth from Maisey's pod to Lance's just checking on them, they were worried sick about the both of them.
Maisey's pod opened first, she felt a little lightheaded when she got out and actually stumbled over her own feet in the process, luckily Keith catched her just in time since he was already close to her.
"Thanks," she said softly , "it's amazing what those pods can do, I feel so much better! A little dizzy and lightheaded and all, but other than that I feel pretty good."
"That's great to hear Maisey," Allura said with a reassuring smile, "we're just waiting for Lance's to open in a few ticks and then we'll get you both some food."
"Wait, what's a tick?" Pidge asked curiously.
"Oh, you know, a piece of time," Allura explained, of course they had no such thing as a tick.
"Like a second?" Shiro asked.
"What's a second?" Allura asked confused.
"Like this," Pidge said as she held up a timer and showed it to Allura.
They all circled up, Maisey still clinging herself to Keith as she saw Allura's stern face while she looked at the timer.
"I don't know, I think ticks are bigger," she turned her face away towards Coran, "Coran, do you have a ticker?"
"Yes, Princess," Coran said as he held up a ticker right away.
"We can't be sure, we should start at the same time," Pidge said as the two both started over again.
"Ohh, I think we're winning!" Hunk said excited, causing Maisey to giggle. Only he could get excited over time.
"What? The intergalactic time contest?" Keith asked sarcastic.
Hunk kept a straight face at Keith and Maisey snorted at this time discussion. It was silly.
"Well, um, yeah," Hunk replied like it was supposed to be obvious.
"Are you guys having a clock party?" Lance asked as he rubbed the back of his head.
"Ahh, Lance you ruined it!" Hunk said untill he realised it was actually Lance besides him, he hugged his friend tightly, "oh, Lance it's so great to see you."
Maisey stumbled her way towards her friend to hug him, but since both were lightheaded they actually dropped on the ground when they hugged.
"What just happened?" Keith asked as Lance and Maisey started crying from their laughter as the friends layed on the ground still embracing each other.
"Come on, you two," Shiro said as he helped the two back up again.
"So what did I miss?" Lance asked now hanging onto Hunk.
"We'll tell you all about it when we get you something to eat," Allura said as she layed her hand on his shoulder, "are you able to walk?"
"Eating? Talking? Are you asking me out on a date?" Lance asked as he smirked at the princess, but Allura grunted and turned away.
"Classic," Shiro said shaking his head as they all laughed.

"Sounds like the mice did more than you," Lance told Keith after everyone explained what had happened the night before, Keith was very unpleased with that sentance.
"I punched Sendak," Keith said as he folded his arms.
"Yeah, after Lance shot his arm off," Maisey said, Keith turned to face her as his voice cracked.
"We had a bonding moment! I cradled you in my arms!" Keith cracked at Maisey who stared at him with zero emotion.
"I really don't remember that," Maisey shrugged as she ate some more food goo.
"But now we've got to save Shay and her people," Hunk said, "this is what being a paladin is all about, man up!"
Maisey saw the look on Pidge's face change at Hunks words, she knew what's up.
"Wait, before we go I have to tell you something," Pidge said rather awkward, "this might change the way you think of me, but I need to come clean."
Everyone went silent, Maisey saw Lance's confused face. He really was oblivious.
"I can't 'man up', I'm a girl," Pidge stared at the ground, "I mean I can man up in the figure of speech but-."
"WAIT YOU'RE A GIRL?!" Lance practically screamed at her, Pidge got startled by his shout.
"I'd put the pieces together," Maisey said, which caused her to get an even more confused look from Lance then before.
"I figured," Hunk shrugged casually.
"Yeah I knew," Keith and Allura said in unison.
"I think telling everyone made you become a better paladin," Shiro said reassuring as he had a proud look on his face.
"That's better," Pidge sighed relieved, "now let's go launch this Castle!"
"Wait!" Lance looked disturbed at Maisey, "PIDGE IS A GIRL AND THIS CASTLE IS A SHIP?!"
"Yeah," Maisey said calmly as she patted his back.
"How long have I been out?" Lance asked stressed.
"Just a few more ticks than me," Maisey answered as she started making her way to the group.
"A few more what?!" Lance asked with a crack in his voice.