Chapter 9: Stubborn

"We may be able to find the information to defeat Zarkon in Sendak's memories," Allura said as the group hung over Pidge's chair as she was decyphering the memories.
"Your father would not approve using the enemies memories," Coran said.
"I know," Allura sighed, "but we have no other option."
"So what have we got right now?" Maisey asked.
"Not much," Pidge answered.
"We have to do something else, we don't even have a proper map of the empire," Keith said.
"Who needs a map? After ten thousand years of conquering I can just shoot my bayard and hit a Galra," Lance said.
"Very motivating Lance," Maisey said and Lance bowed.
"If we just knew bases, or supply routes that we could just hit and run, we could start freeing planets one by one," Shiro said.
"Boring, I want the big kaboom!" Lance said.
"We can't just take him down overnight with five unexperienced pilots and no back up plan," Shiro said, "attacking the base is the wrong choice."
"Okay, I've cross-referenced Sendak's memories with the downed Galra ship on Arus, most of it was just garbled mess," Pidge explained, "but one thing kept repeating, something about a universal station."
"Universal station?" Hunk questioned, "like a station that controls the entire universe?"
"Well, it's still translated from Galra, so it could also mean 'galactic hub'," Pidge said as she pushed Hunk's face away from her screen.
"Or space base," Lance said, but everyone just stared at him, "what?"
"I'm putting up the location of your universal space station base on the screen," Coran said, but all they saw were three planets.
"So, where is it?" Lance asked.
"I can't find anything on these coordinates," Coran answered.
"Maybe he remembered it wrong," Keith suggested.
"Or maybe we just discovered a top secret base," Pidge suggested.
"There is only one way to figure it out," Allura said, "let's take a look."
Maisey wanted to walk to her seat but accidently bumped into Keith, she blushed as she stood there trying to look nonchalant.
"I'm sorry," she said.
"Its fine," he replied quickly, she noticed he was blushing as well. She liked that he did, it made her think of him as even cuter then she already did.
They had never talked about that night on the training deck, and she was afraid that she had lost that courage forever.

Once they got aboard on the hub they had to take out the sentries and after that Pidge started downloading information from the base.
"Just a few more seconds," she said, but then a Galra soldier appeared on the screen.
Keith had pulled Maisey away just in time otherwise she would have been spotted by the soldier.
However it did caused her to bump against him, as they hid under the table Keith kept his hand on her arm and like it was a reflex she placed her hand over his. She didn't even knew she did it.
"Why does he keep looking? Is he waiting for a signal?" Lance asked once a Galra soldier called in.
"Wait, I've got this," Hunk said as he got a sentrie upright and made some sign signals with it's hand.
The Galra soldier however fell for it and dissappeared from the screen.
"Download completed!" Pidge said.
"And?" Shiro asked.
"This hub has no usefull information," Pidge said, "just about the ships that are coming in and out."
"We should get back to the Castle," Shiro said.
"Wait! Where is that ship headed?" Allura asked.
"It's about to stay here for half an hour and than its leaving for the command ship," Pidge answered.
"There lies the information we need," Allura said, "and I am going in there and get it for us."
"How, exactly?" Maisey asked.
"I'll go through the front door," Allura replied which left Maisey even more confused.
But then she turned bigger and purple and Maisey tried not to scream. What if she was going insane?
"You are seeing this too right?" She whispered to Keith who stood beside her.
"Yes," he said as he fought back a smile when she asked him that question.
"How do you do that?" Pidge asked amazed.
"Altean's are chameleon like people who can adapt to others, thats why so many Altean's are explorers and diplomats," Allura explained.
"So can you turn into a balloon?"
"Aren't you gonna rip your pants?"
"Can you be more than one color at the same time?"
"Can you grow horns?" Maisey was the one with the last question, but Keith shot her an 'are you serious' face.
"No. Yes, I'll need new pants. Only one at a time. And I can not grow horns," Allura answered, "I can use that guy's armour as a disguise."
"I'm not letting you go alone, I'm coming," Shiro said.
"What? I do not need your permission," Allura said. The Paladins all looked at Shiro awaiting his reply.
"I am coming," Shiro stated.
"You, they will notice you like a charfarlioks nose," Allura said.
"Sorry, princess, but you are gonna need that nose," Pidge said, "Shiro's arm is a piece of Galra tech, that's how you'll get in."
Allura grunted but allowed Shiro to come with her and so they left.
"They're in," Lance said.
"I wonder what they are keeping in those containers," Keith questioned out loud.
"Sporks," Hunk answered as Keith, Maisey and Lance looked at the guy confused, "what? They are a developed race, they'll understand that it's stupid to use a spoon and a fork if one can do the job."
"I doubt they hid this base so well to keep others from stealing their sporks," Maisey said as she quirked a brow.
"Whatever it is, it's got something to do with that scary dude," Keith said, "what even is that guy?"
"Some creepy, wizard thingy?" Maisey shrugged, "looks like a creepy, wizard thingy."
"I'm gonna go check it out," Keith said as he walked away.
"Or how about you stay here and don't get our cover blown?" Lance said.
"Keith, just stay here," Maisey added to that but he kept on walking.
"Keith don't walk through that door!" Lance said and Keith did exactly that, "I think I told him."
"You are the embodiment of leadership Lance," Pidge said sarcastic.
"And Keith is the embodiment of stubborness," Maisey scoffed as she kept watch, she saw Keith try to sneak his way in.

"Does Allura talk about me when I'm not in the room?" Lance asked as he was lounging.
Maisey kept her face straight on the spot where she last saw Keith.
"Keith, get your ass back here," she whispered angered.
"Oh, yeah all the time," Hunk said, "she's like 'aww Lance I'm so atwitter" and then she makes me swear not to tell anyone."
"I knew it!" Lance said excited, but yelped once the sentrie punched him in the face.
When he got back up he still saw Maisey taken her watchtime very seriously.
"What's her deal?" Lance asked Pidge and Hunk.
"You mean you don't know?" Pidge asked as she quirked a brow.
"Know what?"
"Just that Maisey and Keith totally have the hots for each other," Hunk answered calmly.
"What?! No, she would not want to date that guy, I mean look at his mullet!" Lance shrieked.
"It's all over their faces, and behaviour," Pidge said, "even Shiro agreed on it."
"You know I can actually hear you guys right?" Maisey asked as she looked over her shoulders to see her three friends with and embarresed look on their faces.
"Oopsie," Hunk said and he giggled like a little girl.

"Coran do you see this?" Keith asked as he showed them all what he saw.
"What is it?" Maisey asked as she looked at the screen.
"That is quintessence, it has the most highest power arrange in the entire universe," the sentrie explained.
"Nice work Pidge," Lance said as he patted Pidge's shoulder.
"Quintessence is being sent here from over the galaxy to Galra bases," the sentrie explained.
"I can't believe it," Coran said, "they've managed a new way to gain quintessence."
"Well, I'm going to steal some of that quint-whatever," Keith said.
"You can get in trouble with that creepy, wizard thingy so just do it quickly and get back here," Maisey told him.
"On it," Keith replied to her but when she looked to her sides she got mischievious looks from Pidge and Hunk.
"What?" She asked her two smirky friends.

"Pidge, I need an extraction, now!" Keith called.
"Pidge, you have to come and get us," Shiro said.
"Come on," Maisey said.
"Hold on, I almost got it," Pidge said.
"No, we have to get to Keith now!" Maisey said.
"And Shiro and Allura," Hunk added with a smirk because she only mentioned Keith.
"Stop smirking, you know what I mean," Maisey shouted frustrated.
"Allright, I'm done!" She picked up her laptop and they left to get Keith.
"What were you thinking?" Maisey asked him outraged once he got onto the ship, "you did not think this through did you?"
"Why do you even care?" Keith asked angered.
"I.." Maisey cut herself off, "forget it."
She folded her arms and Keith grunted.
The ship had left and they awaited for Shiro and Allura to enter the green lion from the pod that they used to escape the hyperspeed.
But only Shiro ever entered.
"Where is Allura?" Lance asked.
"She sacrificed herself to save me," Shiro answered.
"She's still on that ship?" Maisey gasped, "we have to go get her."
"But that was way too dangerous," Hunk said.
"It doesn't matter how dangerous it is we have to get Allura," Shiro said.
"Agreed, let's get to the Castle, figure out a plan and save her," Maisey said.

"Where is Allura?" Coran asked.
"Sacrificed herself to save Shiro," Maisey answered, "but we're going to get her back."
"What? You lost her?" Coran asked Shiro.
"Yes, but we are getting her back, we just have to figure out a plan," Shiro said.
"I don't think we should go at all," Keith said from out of nowhere.
"Excuse me?" Maisey asked him confused.
"They'll expect us now, and voltron is the most powerful weapon in the universe, we can't just hand it over to Zarkon," Keith explained.
"That's harsh Keith, even for you," Hunk said.
"I'm just thinking as a paladin," Keith said.
"No, you're just thinking like your selfish self," Lance said.
"Guys stop!" Maisey screamed which made everyone look at her with their eyes wide open, "we are not going to figure out a plan by bickering."
"But.." Keith started but got cut off by Maisey who was so done at the moment.
"Yes, I heard you," Maisey said pointing a judgemental finger in his face, "but that idea is off limits, we are getting Allura back."
"I've got a plan," Shiro said after some long thinking.