Chapter 44: A Shocking Arrival At Earth

"Dad, please respond, voltron is coming, hold on," Pidge said trying to contact earth.
"Are we too late?" Hunk asked.
"Katie? Katie? Is that you?" Sam asked.
"Dad! It's me! I'm here!" Pidge said excited.
"Katie, I'm so glad to hear your voice, where are you?" Sam asked her.
"We're within the solar system, headed to earth now," she said.
"Wait! You must stop!" Sam exclaimed.
"Come again?" Avrigg and Pidge asked confused.
"Stop. Sendak has invaded the planet, he's taken over earth," Sam explained dissappointed, "if he finds out that voltron is here he'll threaten the people of earth in exchange for the lions."
"Reverse thrusters!" Keith said.
"Copy that," Hunk and Maisey said, "hold tight."
They stopped but three Galra fighters spotted them, this wasn't good.
"Paladins, we've blocked the patrols transmission, you're clear," Sam said.
"Roger that, let's take them out!" Lance said.
They had destroyed two of them already and were now going after the last one.
"Wait, don't destroy that ship, we might need it!" Pidge said.
"For what?" Lance asked confused.
"I've got an idea," Pidge said, "we can't fly our lions to earth without being spotted, so they'll have to stay here on this moon in Saturn's ring, which should keep them hidden from Sendak's radars. We'll fly in another way."
They took the fighter ship and they all entered the ship, altough Avrigg had piloted in these ships more often Keith insisted on piloting and she just simply let him.
"I hope the mice and Kaltennecker aren't too frightend without us," Allura said.
They continued flying and Maisey sat down on the floor besides Keith's seat, he looked down at her for a slight second before returning his gaze back.
"Can we talk once we get somewhere more quiet on earth?" Keith asked her.
"Sure," she said, "I really want to talk.. about.. well, everything."
"What do you mean with 'everything'?" Keith asked her confused.
"We'll talk about that," Maisey said with a smirk on her face and he couldn't help but chuckle a bit.
"Get back with the others, we're reaching earth," Keith told her and so she slowly sat besides Romelle and Kosmo.
They flew past a lot of Galra cruisers and Keith tried to keep his head down so no one would notice them.
"Hang on!" Keith said, "we're entering Earth's atmosphere."
"This is weird!" Hunk said, "this is almost exactly how we left earth, all crammed up in the cockpit of the blue lion."
Maisey frowned, she never knew how they actually got to the Castle, they had arrived before she did but until Hunk mentioned it just now she had never given it much thought.
"We're overweight! I'm losing altitude," Keith said as everything rambled, "brace for impact."
They made a crash landing and once they all got out they had to find the Garrison on foot.
Once they reached the city they were all shocked by what it looked like. Everything was destroyed and there was no human left. This was terrible. Maisey felt terrible, after all this time of protecting the universe they couldn't even protect their own home, she hated Sendak. He did this, she wanted to make him pay, she would make him pay.
"I know this place," Hunk said, "this is Plaht City it's about half an hour from the Garrison."
"Woah, I.. I can't believe this is all that's left of it," Lance said.
"This is just... brutal," Maisey said, "what happened with the people that lived here? What happened with all the people of earth? We.."
"What is it?" Keith asked.
"We have to do something, Sendak can't get away with this," Maisey said.
"He won't," Keith assured her, "let's get moving."

They were walking through the city with their bayards in their hands when drones arrived and started shooting at them.
"Take cover!" Lance said.
Maisey hid behind a car with Allura and Avrigg, more drones were coming and Hunk had only hit one.
"I have to do something," Maisey said, she wasn't going to sit back and wait untill they'd shoot them down.
She stood up, aimed her spear and threw it at a drone. One down a few more to go, she made her bayard appear in her hand, the same way Keith had done when they were taken captive by Zethrid and Ezor.
"Get down here," Allura said as she pulled Maisey down, "are you trying to get killed?"
Lance eventually shot them all down.
"Pidge, is there any way we could see these things coming before they reach us?" Keith asked.
"Already on it, looks like we've got four more headed our way," Pidge said as more blasts came.
Maisey carefully looked, there were sentries not drones, but the drones arrived as well, shooting at them from the other side. A sentrie ran towards Hunk, to attack him, but the sentrie got destroyed by a car. A car she knew belonged to the Garrison. Four people in suits got out and took the remaining Galra tech out.
"Stay down! We got this!" A girl told Keith as she shot the drone he wanted to take out down.
"I had it," Keith grunted.
"Those drones send out a distress signal when they are attacked, our weapons neutralize those signals. So unless you wanna deal with a swarm of those things, let us handle it," a male said, his voice sounded farmiliar but a little lower, "now let's get out of here before more show up."