Chapter 34: The Truth Comes Out

As Avrigg guided Keith to the quantum abyss she had no idea that her little sister was much closer then she tought, helping people out. No, in Avrigg's mind she was following classes in the Garrison and happily dating that jerk James Griffin. Avrigg didn't know about Maisey's feelings for Keith, she didn't know she was the white paladin of voltron, who was loved throughout the galaxy. And Keith wasn't ready to tell her. He shouldn't be the one to tell her.

"She would never notice a guy like me," Lance grunted sadly, "Lotor's a space prince and I'm just a boy from Cuba."
Maisey stood in the entrance as she heard her best friend talk himself down. She frowned since he was so much more then he gave himself credit for.
"She should be lucky with a guy from Cuba like you," Maisey said which caused Lance to jump.
"Maisey!" His voice cracked, "how long have you been standing there?"
"Long enough to hear what's troubling you," she said softly as she sat down besides him, "she is currently just blinded by Lotor, but once that's over she'll come around and see how much better you are."
Lance frowned, not believing she meant it.
"You have to give yourself some credit, Lance," Maisey said as she comforted him, "any girl should be lucky to have you."
"Really?" He asked rather angsty.
"Really," Maisey said determined, "you are the most amazing person in this entire universe Lance, own it. You are not missing out on her, she is missing out on you."
Lance chuckled, like she was just making it up. But she meant every word she said.
"I'm serious, Lance," Maisey said, "she'll soon realise how much she needs someone like you in her life. Lotor could never fill your shoes."

"Hey are you guys starting without us?" Pidge asked Lotor and Allura.
"Yeah, you didn't think to call the engineers while working on a super, Altean, alchemy ship?" Hunk added.
"Yeah, you didn't think to call the engineers?" Lance said as he leaned, "or me?"
While he was leaning some tools dropped, he tried to save one from falling but it failed.
"What?" He asked as everyone quirked a brow at him.
"I'm sorry, I do not think you could be of any help here," Allura said with a red blush on her cheeks.
"And why is that?" Maisey asked, her brows furrowed together as she suspected things.
"Alchemy is very different from what you are used to on earth," Lotor answered.
"Everything here is different from what we're used to from earth," Maisey calmly said with a stern look on her face.
"You know what I mean," Lotor sighed clearly not appreciating her sarcasm. It was pretty clear that the feelings they might've had for one another were all in the past.
Maisey shrugged and walked away, like Pidge and Hunk did. But Lance still stood there.
"Sure you guys don't need a third wheel?" Lance asked. Maisey felt bad for him, she walked back to get him.
"Come on Lance!" She said loudly as she hooked her arm through his, "they'd wish they had our help!"
"But you guys don't know how to fix anything," Pidge said as she looked over her shoulder.
"Hush," Maisey said, "they don't need to know that."
Pidge facepalmed at her comment and the four left, Lance and Maisey walking arm in arm like they were on a fashion show.

Avrigg found the quantum abyss a little scary. They had just lost their ship and were forced to go on foot.
From out of nowhere everything started to shake, Krolia jumped infront of Keith and Avrigg raised her arms up, a flashlight came and they seemed to be in a different place.

As she opened her eyes she saw Keith, looking just as shocked as she did. They saw a house, away from humans. Krolia was holding her baby boy in her arms as his father was proudly looking at the both of them.
"We'll name him 'Yorak'," Krolia said, Keith's  father, Paul Kogane, opened his eyes widely in shock. Not agreeing with that name.
"Eh, how about Keith?" Paul suggested.
"Keith," Krolia repeated, "I like it."

"Hello Keith," Shiro said, the images were shaking and Shiro's eyes were glowing purple, like he was possesed.
"Shiro it's going to be okay," Keith said, "we just have to get back to the Castle."
"Keith!" Maisey's voice sounded faint and scared and as they catched a glimpse of her face and she looked badly hurt.
"We are not going anywhere!" Shiro said as he went to attack.