Chapter 5

Eerily dark as we walk through the hall, Aang is escorted to the deck as they push me to keep walking. I was thrown into a cell, the door slamming shut behind me. I fall on my knees. I breathed loudly, trying to pull off the ropes but that didn't work. The ropes were too thick. I was defenseless. I kicked the door multiple times.

"Be quiet if you know what's good for you." A guard spoke on the other side of the door.

"Make me ash maker." I said as I kicked the door once again.

I leaned against the metal door. It was cold but I tried to hear what was going on.

Thud.

Largely coming from what seemed to be more down the hall. I heard running.

"The Avatar has escaped!"

I continued to bang the door to let Aang know where I was. "Aang! I'm here!"

"Kya!" I heard keys jangle as the cell door swung open.

"Nice job kid" He hugged me.

"Um, I hate to break the hug but untie me, and let's get out of here first."

"Oh right!" He untied my hands. "Maybe later then." He said with a childish smile.

"Sure, ack" He dragged me behind him. He let go and we ran up to the top of the ship where he pulled me back.

"Hold on!" I gripped onto him as he jumped off his glider.

Scar leaped with a growl and hung onto my foot. Aang began to wobble as we came crashing down to the deck of the ship. We all groaned in discomfort. 

"Kya!" Aang  yanked my arm pushing me behind him.

I hissed in pain. I had been ignoring the pain until now. Probably from adrenaline. It hurts more than it did when I first got it. Shit. My body temperature rose again.

I breathed and the two prepared to fight again but we looked up at a loud roaring sound from the sky.

"What is that?" Scar asked.

"Appa!" Aang and I both said at the same time.

I turned around feeling a rush of heat coming my way. Scar shot at me so I hurled off  the edge of the ship to avoid the stream of fire. Slamming into the side of the ship, I gripped onto the anchors chain with both hands. I bit my lip until it bled. I needed to get back on the ship, using every ounce of strength I could possibly muster. I brought myself back onto the deck. Aang passively blocked the incoming attacks. One more shot and he fell overboard.

"Aang!" I cried out. Then I could hear Katara doing the same thing. "Katara! Sokka!"

Katara called out to Aang multiple times. I looked back at Scar with anger in my eyes. I took the water and created a single stream of pressure sending him back a ways. Then I froze him in place. Before he could unfreeze himself I sprinted back to where Aang had fallen.

Gazing into the water. A bright light along with a spiral. Aang emerged from the water, his arrows were glowing. It was a spectacle. A sight you wouldn't believe. It almost seemed unreal. He went on deck and pushed everyone off the deck. And by everyone's yes I mean myself included. A large force of water sent me crashing into the ocean and let me tell you something everyone already knows, the water was freezing, enough to leave a burning sensation over your whole body. I gasped as I swam back to the surface. My skin pricked. I choked but continued to push forward. Trying to make my way back to the ship.

"Kya!" Sokka yelled at the edge of the ship.

"Go leave now!" I yelled teeth clattering back together. Shooing with my burned arm.

"I can't leave you here!" Sokka pointed behind me.

I turned back and saw the Fire Nation soldiers and Scar. They were trying to swim back to the ship too. They were slower than I was, struggling with the rough tides.

"I'll be alright! Just go! Aang is the world's last hope! If you stay now you'll only waste more time!"

"But you're my sister!" He looked back to the deck.

"Then listen to me! As your sister I'm telling you to run for it!"

Sokka looked into my eyes for what seemed to be like minutes but it was probably even less than a few seconds. A million unspoken things raced through both our minds. Sokka had never seen me speak more desperately and emotionally in our entire life.

"You better be alive when I see you again! I love you!"

Before I could answer he left. I saw Appa make his way off the deck. Flying away, I felt relieved that they made it away. I promised myself no matter what I would face, I would do anything to protect my family. This was that 'what'.

Scar struggled a bit, as a chain came down from the ship. I swam faster than him and started climbing the ship, believing they wouldn't let me finish climbing it if Captain Scar dude made it first.

An older man helped me get back up. I was pushed aside as our resident assfuck got up.

"Shoot them down!" I heard Scar yell

"No!" I sprinted with the last drop of energy flowing through my body. I managed to push them down. It was too late. The fire ball went towards Appa. My anxiety spiked. Was all my efforts still not enough? Aang got off Appa and flung the fire ball into the ice causing the ice to crack its edge and come at the ship.

My head zones out as I'm on the deck floor. Ringing is all I hear for a few moments. As my hearing started to return a buzzing feeling entered my body .

"That kid uncle just did this!"

The scarred man turns around and grabs me by my left arm. I wince. He pulled me closer to the frozen soldiers. My body still reacting to the fading ringing.

"Unfreeze them now!" He demanded angrily

"Make me." I said calmly. It's not like I really could. I'm injured, I can't bend well. I feel like I could pass out any moment.

A heavy force pushed my body down, I staggered as I felt my vision go blurry. My breathing slowed. Feeling my knees give out. I dropped to the deck floor.

"Men!" I heard as footsteps scuffled around. The world around me became black. I lost consciousness.