Chapter 6

My eyes shot open, remembering the events before I passed out. A sharp piercing pain infiltrated my head as I shot up from the bed I was in. Causing me to come back crashing down. I waited as the room slowed its spinning, placing a hand on my forehead. I sat up straight. I noticed a bandage on my left arm.

It better not scar. I sighed. Observing the room, a living quarters, not a cell. Why am I here? I looked at the Fire Nation symbols that draped the room. Ugh, my face emptied emotions as I took in my situation.

I slowly walked towards the door. I pushed it slightly only to realize it really is open. I looked to the sides of the entrance. No one here? Am I really not even a threat in my state? I guess not considering they've left me completely unguarded. I also did pass out.

I made my way up to the deck and saw the old man from yesterday. He was sitting alone at a small table drinking something I could only assume would be tea.

"I see you are awake, would you like some nice hot jasmine tea?" He offered politely. I shook my head but he started pouring the steaming liquid anyway.

"Don't worry dear, my tea is the best on the ship." He chuckled at his own little joke. I exhaled sharply, glaring at him.

"Please sit down, your burn is still recovering. You should not be exerting yourself so much. You could pass out again" He noted offering the cup in front of me.

I sat across from the old man hesitantly. I nodded my head in respect for the tea. I brought the cup to my lips. Taking a small sip, it was warm. It filled my empty pit of a stomach with warmth. The old man stared at me, assuming I would give a response.

"It's warm," I cleared my throat.

He chuckled, seemingly pleased enough with my response. As he observed my face. Does he know that I'm most expressive in my eyes?

"That was quite the impressive water bending displayed yesterday for such a young girl. I doubt you had a master, I wonder how you did it?" The man spoke his thoughts out loud. I didn't want to respond. I couldn't. They could use it against me.

Stares piercing through the back of my head, my sides, well everywhere. Soldiers. Him.

"What are you doing out of the room?!" He asked angrily. I ignored him, as I watched his reflection in the cup of tea I held.

"Answer me!" He yelled once more. I kept ignoring him,"Ugh!"

"Calm down Prince Zuko." The man said.

The Fire Nation prince? What's he doing all the way down here?

"She shouldn't be allowed to roam freely while we are surrounded by water!" Zuko yelled again. He shot arrows with that stare of his. I set the cup that I barely even took a sip of back down.

Clunk

"You must think I'm some glorified dumbass I wouldn't sink the only ship around. Prince Zuko." I gritted, looking in front of me before turning to lock eyes with him. I have never been outwardly angry in my life, now I feel it. I just want to chew this guy out.

"Don't mock me! You Water peasant!" Scarface shouted.

I stood up coldly glaring at him. The tension between us grew without me uttering another word. My body language told the whole story.

"Being angry at each other, it will not solve anything." The old man said. Trying to diffuse the situation. He's nice enough. For Fire Nation. It was off putting

"Prince Zuko," The man said. Zuko scoffed in response, turning around violently and leaving.

"There is more ointment in the room you woke up in. Your burn will not scar if you apply it often." He quickly said.