Chapter 21

After about a week, we landed to have some real rest. I was snuggled up in my blanket finally taking in the silence.

Clearly nothing peacefully ever works out for too long as Momo jumped across all of us. As a light sleeper that was probably the last bit of rest I was going to get.

I groaned loudly with a yawn. My eyes then fully opened.

Yup I'm awake.

"Huh! What's going on?" Sokka asked, half asleep with his boomerang in one hand and a knife in this other hand,"Did we get captured again?"

"It's nothing," Aang said, unsure of himself,"I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep."

"Don't have to tell me twice," Sokka said before patting my head forcefully and laying back down.

"Ow," I said rubbing my head.

"Shh," Sokka said, "Sleep,"

I raised a fist as if to punch him but sighed and laid back down.

"Are you alright Aang," Katara spoke.

"I'm ok,"

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately,"

"She's right you know, "I said still laying down.

"You wanna tell me about it?" Katara asked

"I think i just need some rest," Aang said curling himself into a ball.

Something felt off about him.

"You guys want to hear about my dream?" Sokka asked

"Shh," I mocked patting Sokka's shoulder, "Sleep,"

"Thats ok, " Sokka said sinking back down, "I didn't wanna talk about it anyway,"

I sighed as he sent me a defeated look.

"Tell me about it tomorrow," I whispered knowing he was still exhausted.

Everyone fell back to sleep again as I kept my eyes closed. It was getting cooler which was nice but it was annoying not being able to sleep. Especially since I was still tired. I rubbed my eyes letting a soft groan escape my lips, then I heard a whisper enter the back of my head. A chill went down my spine as I shook it off.

Is it that time of the year again?

I rolled around in my blanket not being able to properly sleep. I closed my eyes once more, forcing myself to sleep and saw a blurry figure. I tried reaching out to it. Then a sudden shake snapped me awake. Katara motioned to me to help her back.

The sun was bright and shined right into my eyes. I covered my face with the palm of my hand, sighing in relief.  The weather was perfect, almost too perfect. Considering our luck, this was probably a blessing.

"Look at those clear skies, buddy," Aang said to Appa," Should be some smooth flying,"

"Well, we better smoothly fly ourselves to a market because we're out of food," Katara said.

"Guys wait! This was in my dream," Sokka said. "We shouldn't go to the market!"

"Please, do enlighten us," I said, joining in my brother's banter.

"Food eats people!" He said, I sent him a weird look as the other two shook their heads, "Also Momo could talk. You said some very unkind things,"

Momo lowered his ears from the scolding.

"I'm sure Momo did," I said as Momo hopped off my head and onto Aang. I rubbed my head, you know what? Im pretty sure Momo meant those unkind things.