Chapter 19

After another long while of flying we eventually landed to set up camp. I loved this, no strangers, no one trying to attack us, no spirit beasts. Just us in the silence. I laid back onto the ground my bangs covering my face as I placed my left arm over my stomach deeply sighing. I took in the earthy peaceful smell. Sokka had poked something in my mouth. I looked at him weirdly only to realize it was a sweet. One that is usually paired with a bitter tea. I widened my eyes as I ate the delicious treat. Sokka and I were always foodies. He always keeps me in mind. I gave him a sweet soft smile as a thank you. He smiled back as I finished chewing. How I would hate for someone to ruin this moment of peace.

"Where's Momo?" Aang asked. I jinxed it. I got up to help look when we all heard a loud Momo like shriek.

We ran into the woods looking for the lemur. He was in a cage that hung in the trees. Aang being the only one to get up there, got Momo out. Then Aang got out the hog moneys from the other cages. Sokka grew impatient so he just cut down the trap so they'd break open with the impact. The animals ran away at their new found freedom.

A sigh escaped my lips, "Momo" I muttered as he began to eat the apples from the trap.

"Oh Momo if only you were a little more tactful you wouldn't have been in this mess," Momo looked up at me then continued to eat the apple not caring about what I said.

"These are Fire Nation traps. You can tell by the metal work. We better pack up camp and get moving,"  Sokka explained.

We went back to the camp and packed up. Well at least I got a few moments of peace before we found signs of the Fire Nation again.

"Uh uh," Sokka said walking past me as I was trying to get the last of our things on Appa. "No flying this time,"

"What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang asked confused.

"Think about it, somehow Prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keeps finding us, it's because they spot Appa, he's just too noticeable,"

"What?" Katara chimed in, "Appa, is not too noticeable,"

"He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head," Sokka continued to argue, "It's kinda hard to miss him!"

"Sorry buddy Sokka kinda has a point," I patted Appa's cheek.

"I know you all want to fly but my instincts tell me we should play it safe this time and walk,"

"Who made you the boss?" Katara asked.

The two had begun to argue on who should be the leader. While we weren't well off without one, I don't think anyone here is fit for the leader role just yet. 

"I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl," Katara said.

I walked away before she involved me in the kissing conversation.

"I've kissed a girl you just haven't met her," Sokka defended. I crossed my arms giving him a look. Ok I have to involve myself after that sad lie.

"Who? Gran-Gran?" I asked. "Or maybe the one time you accidentally kissed that otter penguin that time we went sledding when we were kids,"

"No! Besides Gran-Gran and I fell on the otter penguin I didn't kiss it!" Sokka replied bothered at my statement, "Look, my instincts tell me, we have a better chance of slipping through on foot and a leader trusts his instincts,"

I snickered.

"Okay, we'll try it your way, oh wise leader," Katara said teasingly.

"Who knows, hiking might be fun," Aang cut in the conversation.