Chapter 9

After a few hours we were finally approaching the island. A giant Kyoshi statue was seen in the distance. I didn't know much of Avatar Kyoshi briefly but I remember being in awe of her when I was little. I couldn't help myself, I was the first to exit as soon as the door dropped open. Pushing past the soldiers. Almost slipping on the wet sand that bordered Kyoshi Island.

"I want the Avatar alive!" Zuko ordered.

I immediately turned around and pushed a few guards off their rhinos with water and froze them to the ground. It was enough to delay the inevitable. I ran as fast as I could, avoiding the fire behind me. My speed causing my hair to part allowing me to see clearly ahead of me.

I ran up to the village as Zuko began his raid in search of Aang and they got attacked by a group of girls dressed as Kyoshi. All holding thick metal fans. They looked really cool despite the very dangerous situation. A short haired one tried to attack Zuko but failed and Zuko wanted to hit her with fire but he also failed when someone with familiar masculine features blocked him. I ran over forcing Zuko to the ground. He groaned as I got back up. Then more girls  circled Zuko. He then shot fire at all of us causing a few of the girls to fall. 

"Are you ok?" Quickly asked a girl as I helped her off the ground

"Yeah," The girl said, hesitantly. Ah right Fire Nation clothes. I looked down. Yea I wouldn't trust myself either dressed like this.

"Huh? Sokka," I asked to take a closer look at the boy in makeup, "Sokka!"

"Kya! You're okay!" He replied with a giant goofy grin and hugged me tightly, "What are you wearing??"

"I know," I breathed, turning to look at Zuko.

"Hey! Over here!" Aang drew the attention of Zuko.

Zuko shot fire Aang's way. Aang of course dodged it setting the buildings on fire. Aang air bended Zuko into a building being the pacifist he is avoided extra conflict. The Kyoshi warriors continued to fight the soldiers. I joined back in sending spears of ice in the direction of the soldiers pinning them down. I froze others in place. Then a hand grabbed my wrist. I spun around with a dagger of ice in hand.

"Hold on!" A girl with short brown hair stood behind me smiling, placing a hand on my shoulder. I dropped the shard realizing I almost stabbed my brother.

"Whoops," I said, "Sorry,"

"Hahh," Sokka said, thankful I didn't stab him in the chest,"Get to Appa, now,"

I looked to the girl who nodded at me, "Don't worry about us," She said confidently.

I nodded and sprinted over to where Appa was, Katara onto the saddle. She hugged me, I embraced it. I missed them so much my heart hurt. Soon Sokka came on, joining us.

"Appa, Yip Yip." Aang said, we flew into the sky. Watching the town burn down. My heart sunk seeing the damage caused. Katara tried comforting Aang but he jumped into the water.

"What are you doing?!" Katara yelled

"Do not tell me I risked my life just for you to end it here," I wanted say I said it jokingly but considering what I've been through those words just spat out. He just went for it. Dipping into the water so deep I couldn't see him anymore.

Seconds later, Aang emerged from the water holding the Unagi, a giant eel.

"I risked my ass for a kid who's completely lost it," I said as I held both of my hands to my face. I groaned covering my eyes. Sokka glanced at me, being openly expressive was definitely something new. I just sat there watching Aang's next movements.

Aang opened the mouth of the eel and sprayed the village. All the flames dissipated. Oh? Never mind. 

"I know I know, that was stupid." Aang admitted as he came back onto Appa.

"Yes, it was." Katara said scoldingly then hugged Aang. I observed the exchange. I leaned back on the saddle with a small smile on my face. I laughed. It seemed surreal to see my family again. We've never been separated for so long. Sokka pulled me into a group hug, suffocating me. After that Sokka threw my bag my way begging me to change out of the Fire Nation clothes I wore.