Chapter 15

Time had passes since we left Haru and his father along with the rest of the freed prisoners. We were peacefully flying in the air in direction to the North. I hummed. Never have I felt so nice. Before Aang came, I never felt like I could let myself be too happy or too sad. I guess Aang's spirit really is contagious. I feel a slight weight feel lifted from my chest. It felt so great helping the earth benders be free once more. I looked at the sky. Taking deep breaths, absorbing the tranquil moment.

"Those clouds look so soft, don't they?" Katara asked. Interrupting the nice silence that held the air smoothly. She laid on her stomach looking over, "Like you could jump down and land on a big soft cottony heap," I looked over. Giving a weird look. 'Soft cottony heap' sure little sis. Something seemed different about her. I listened as their conversation continued. I scanned my sister.

"Maybe you should give it a try," Sokka said as he concentrated on carving wood.

"You're hilarious," Katara replied sarcastically.

"I'll try it!" Aang exclaimed excitedly and jumped off laughing.

Her necklace! She would've noticed it missing already. Why didn't she tell me?! Calm down Kya, she may be younger but she's not entirely stupid. How could she have misplaced it? Was it back in the prison? I grumbled slightly annoyed.

When Aang jumped back he was soaked. "Turns out, clouds are made of water," He then air bended himself dry.

I tried not to think too much about Katara losing the necklace. I would be sent down a spiral if I only thought about the necklace. I instead turned to enjoy the view. The green forest land that covered the ground instead of endless blue waters. It was a pretty sight to see. Everyone how to become quiet again. It wasn't awkward, just peaceful.

Sokka scooted over closer to me. I rested my head on his shoulder. He looked over to me, pinching my cheek.

"Ow! Sokka!" He wanted me to see what he was carving. As I turned to look at him to curse him out something else caught my attention.

"Holy spirits," I breathed out looking at the dark spot surrounded by the lush green forest. 

"What is that?" Katara added. We looked at each other confused.

"Looks like a scar," Sokka said as we began to land. We silently decided to look around, "Listen, it's so quiet,,there's no life anywhere,"

"How is anything supposed to live here? This place is dead." I said. It was infuriating and sad. I bent down touching the remains of what was a large piece of forest.

"Fire Nation pricks," I muttered

"Aang, are you okay?" Katara asked.

I looked around and the rhino footprints caught my eye. I sighed. Sokka went into a fit of rage.

"Fire Nation! Those evil savages make me sick!" Sokka shouted,"They have no respect for-"

"Shh," 

"What, I'm not allowed to be angry?" Sokka asked, I motioned to Aang, who fell on his knees with a sigh.

"Why would anyone do this?" He asked. "How could I let this happen?" He was blaming himself.

"Aang, you didn't let this happen." Katara answered softly. "It has nothing to do with you."

"Yes it does. It's the Avatar's job to protect nature," Aang replied devastated, "But I don't even know how to do my job,"

"That's why we're going to the North Pole. To find you a teacher," Aang looked over his shoulder in our direction.