Part 12

After they were done with the breakfast Rohit went check on the readiness of the gym along with Aman.
Virat was feeling better now.
He insisted on accompanying them but Rohit straightaway denied him.

Virat was working when he heard knock on the door.
He just said - "Come in" without looking who was it.

Kuldeep - "How are u feeling now ?"
He asked hesitantly entering his cabin.

Virat looked up and saw nervous Kuldeep who was fidgeting his fingers .. Virat clearly remembers how when he first met him he was same like this.

Virat - "I am better now, Thanks for your help"
He said.

Kuldeep - "Bhai we are very sorry we didn't trust u and Rohit bhai at that time. But please give us one chance .. please we really miss u and we missed u this one year .. it feels so empty bhai"
He said tears rolling down his cheeks.

Virat always had soft corner towards Jassi and Kuldeep. He never liked when they cried. He felt so bad but today he didnt feel any thing of that sort.

Virat - "I am sorry Kuldeep I have nothing to give to you. I don't have it in me. I really appreciate whatever u have done for me now by giving that statement. In exchange to that if u need any help I can do it but other than that I cannot give u anything let alone forgiveness"
He said.

Kuldeep heard that and left the room with tears. He just went and hugged Mahi bhai.

Virat saw that as it was a glass cabin. He saw how Mahi was consoling him. He just turned his chair towards the wall not wanting to see that anymore.

Mahi - "Kul shaant ho ja .. u cannot force him na after everything we did"
He said softly rubbing his back.

After sometime Mahi decided to visit Virat and Rohit's house to check who was sick and why they were so tensed.

He wanted to know how his kids were and it would be only possible through Ritika and Anushka.

He reached there and rang the door bell.

Ritika opened the door and was shocked to see Mahi there.
Anushka was sitting on the couch in the hall.

"Who is it Ritz" she asked.

Ritika just gestures him to come in not knowing what to say. Anushka was shocked to see him there.

Ritika sat beside Anushka holding her hand. Mahi sat in front of them.

Ritika - "Will u have something?"
She asked hesitantly.

Mahi - "No thanks"
He denied politely.

Anushka - "What brings u here ?"
She asked coming out of shock seeing him.

Mahi - "Are u okay ? I heard that u were in hospital yesterday so I came to check on you"
He asked softly.

Anushka - "Yes I am fine now"
She answered.

Mahi took a deep breath and said - "I know I have made a big mistake for not trusting my kids and letting them walk away .. And I am really sorry for that .. I will do anything to get their forgiveness.. but please tell me how are they ? Virat seems too different and Rohit too .. please tell me .. where were they for a year almost .. please I request you"
He folded his hands.

Anushka immediately held his hands and told - "Please bhai don't do this"

Ritika - "Yes bhai don't do this .."
she said it too. She brought water for him so he could calm down a bit.

Mahi - "What has happened to Cheeku ? He seems totally different.. And Rohit too but not that much still he has also changed .. Can u please tell me ?"
He said noticing their behaviour.

Ritika and Anushka looked at each other about what to do. Anushka was still not comfortable about sharing but she knew her Virat will not be back if he doesn't confront the past.

Mahi - "I know it is difficult to tell me .. but please I have already lost one year .. I searched everywhere for them to ask for their forgiveness but could not find them nor could gather the courage... please"
He said again.

Virat in his cabin scrolling through social media to check the statement reactions. To his relief it was almost covered up.

He called Ritika to give her the update.

Ritika saw it was Virat's call.

"Hey Vi" she said.

Mahi told her not to tell him that he was here. Anushka too told her the same.

"Hey Ritz all okay ? Is Nushkie okay ?" He asked first.

"Yes Vi all okay .. Ur Nushkie is also okay" she said softly.

"Ritz .. that matter got covered up .." he said giving her the update.

"Great ! When are u both coming home today ?" She asked in return.

"Evening may b .. or dinner time. Rohit's routine check up is today" he said informing her as well.

"Okay then see u in the evening" she said.

"Bye see u" He said.

Ritika hanged up the call.

"When are they coming ?" Anushka asked.

"Dinner time .. Rohit's routine check up is today so they will go there .. u know Vi is not going to let him skip it"
she said not realising Mahi was sitting there.

Ritika saw a whole question mark on Mahi's face after hearing that.

Mahi - "What routine check up ? What's wrong ? Anushka u are also not well and Rohit too .. Please tell me"
He said impatiently.

Anushka - "Bhai can u give us some time .. it's really not easy"
She said being a little unsure at the moment.

Ritika - "We will meet you tomorrow.. you can come to restaurant .. we can talk there"
She said.

Mahi agreed half heartedly .. he could wait one more day.

Anushka- "How is Sakshi and Ziva ?"
She asked softly.

Mahi - "They are good .. but ziva missed Cheeku and Ro a lot along with Sakshi"
He said.

Mahi- "How are Vami and Sammy ? I saw Sammy clearly yesterday at the event .. she has grown up so much"

Ritika - "They both are good .. turning out to be exactly like their Chachu's .. Rohit is turning Vami like him and Virat is turning Sammy Like him"
She said smilingly.

Mahi smiled at that and got up to leave.

Mahi - "Take care both of u .. text me the timing tomorrow"
He said and left.

——————————————-
Surprise !! Got time to update this one !!!

Don't forget to drop comments !!

What do u think ? Should Ritz and Nush tell Mahi everything?

If yes then Are u ready for flashback ?🤭

Vote and comment the feedback ..

Next update after 20 comments and also comments on other books .!!

Till then,
Happy Reading !