Part 21

Virat parked his car and went into the house. He went into the kitchen to find something to eat. He hadn't eaten all day as according to him his thoughts were eating his head all day.

Ritika and Anushka came downstairs and found him in the kitchen.

Anushka - "Vi"
She called

Virat jumped by the voice .. "Ohh u scared me"

Ritika - "Food is in the microwave Vi .. Good night"
She said and left from there.

Anushka served him food and sat beside him.

"Sorry I got late .. why u both up till now ?" Said Virat.

"We were just having coffee" she said.
"Are u okay Vi ?" She asked softly seeing him lost.

"Ya I am fine" he lied obviously.

"Do u ever think of leaving me Nushkie and living a peaceful life somewhere when all that happened?" Virat asked her out of nowhere.

"WHAT ????" Anushka asked shockingly. Virat didn't say anything on her shocking reaction.

"Why are u saying like this Vi ? Why will I leave you ? I can never leave you Vi." She asked keeping her hand on his.

"No reason just a thought came in my mind .. Sorry I asked" He said.

"Bubs do u want share something with me ? U know I am right here" she said softly.

"Ya I know" he said and got up to keep the plates.

Anushka sighed at his stubborn nature of not sharing things or whatever he is feeling. She was more determined now to convince Ro to talk to Mahi bhai.

Next morning Rohit and Ritika both noticed Anushka tensed. Virat was sleeping as he slept very late.

Rohit asked her seeing lost - "Kya baat hai Sharmaji why are u so tensed in the morning?"

Anushka said sadly - "You won't believe what Vi asked me yesterday ?"

Ritika asked concerned - "What did he ask Nush ?"

Anushka said - "That Did I ever think of leavimg him after whatever happened and live a peaceful life somewhere?"
She said being sad thinking why did her Bubs say that.

Rohit asked shockingly - "No way he would have said that"

Anushka said - "He did Ro ! And he was so lost at whole dinner .. and abruptly he asked me this .. I am really worried Ro"

Ritika said - "If u notice this questions he asks and him getting lost is happening after he met ICT and mostly when you both went to pick Mahi bhai and saw him like that"

Rohit was also thinking how Virat was getting affected. He remembers how he asked that they can go back to Mussoorie.

Sometimes Rohit also thinks how peaceful things were there but he could sense that emptiness because they never got closure. They just left.

Ritika and Anushka noticed that now Rohit was lost in thoughts.

Virat came there and said - "What are u all discussing in the morning ?"

Rohit came out of his thoughts and said - "That how lazy you have become .."

Virat said - "Me and lazy .. please talk about urself"

Rohit was going to argue at that but stopped hearing Virat's phone ring.

"yes Aman ?" He said picking up the phone.

"Ya I will be there in one hour" Virat answered and hanged up the call.

"Need to go to the office .. u coming Rohit ?" Asked Virat while having breakfast.