Chapter 4 - Kanae's Death

"I'm sorry for your loss." The crow said. On the other hand, Yumiko knew what the crow meant. "A-are you joking? It's not funny! Hey, are you serious? I don't understand..., I really don't understand you!" Yumiko said. A tear escapes her beautiful cyan-colored eyes, and runs down to her cheeks. The crow said nothing, the sad news spread throughout the entire corps and of course, the Butterfly Estate. 

"She told me that she'll come back! She promised me! She promised that we'll make rice balls together when she comes back! Bring her back! Bring my master back! Kanae-sama!" Yumiko shouted in despair.

"Please don't cry, Kanae will be sad if she hears you all crying!" Mitsuko comforted them, mourning the death of the person who accepted her, but she didn't cry at all. "I-I can't! P-please..., just l-let me cry this once! I-I just can't help it, so p-please! Let me be like t-this for a moment! D-don't force me t-to!" begged Yumiko with a shaky voice. 

"Let it all out, Yumiko, let all your grief and pain all out. But promise me, don't cry tomorrow. For tomorrow will be a bright day. Okay?" Mitsuko said.

A sound of a creak from the door is heard through the living room. "Shinobu-san! You're back! But you're so injured! I thought you're dead too!" Naho screamed while crying. "I'm sorry, Nee-san...," Shinobu muttered in grief. Tears begin to roll down Shinobu's cheeks after saying those words. Shinobu wiped her teary eyes and replaced it with a big, gentle and warm smile. 

"The sun will still rise even if Kanae, Nee-san, dies! Cheer up! Remember, Kanae is now in a good place!" Shinobu encouraged them, who mourned for her older sister.

*Timeskip*

The sun has risen, a new day is starting. The usual blue-colored sky turned grey, for this is the day of Kanae's burial. Tears spilled everywhere around the Estate and the graveyard. Most of them came with black mourning kimonos, some came with their uniform with them, they all talked about how Kanae had treated them on her days. Kanae's Burial ended, we give our final respect to her tomb, where she will rest for eternity. After a few hours of praying for Kanae in the temple, the group left and came back home.

"Kanae-sama, just wait, I'll promise to kill that crazy psychopath demon, who killed you! Just you wait, you, evil, heartless jerk! Why? Why should the world be cruel to the innocent?" Yumiko shouted in tears. Anger had surrounded Yumiko. She's now full of vengeance. 

Yumiko's attitude is still warm since Kanae's death, she still smiles but in her heart is still pain until she knows who killed Kocho Kanae, she will take revenge for her master. "That uppermoon, whatever it is, I'll kill you myself, with both of my hands! So, don't expect mercy on me!" Yumiko said to herself.

After 4 years past by~

"Hatsune-san!" the girls said. Yumiko turned around and went straight forward to the girls and smiled. "Oyakata-sama wants you," the girls said. Yumiko goes to Oyakata-sama's estate to have a meeting. She was about to go, but she met her fellow friend there, Mitsuko.

"Urgh, I can't understand them! How can you spare a demon? In your dreams! It's only because the ad says: 'mY SIstEr neVEr eAtS A HuMaN fOR 2 yEarS!' Hah! Does that even make sense? Where's the concrete proof?!" Mitsuko shouts in anger to vent her anger. "Shinobu-sama, Why is Mitsuko angry again?" Yumiko said. 

"It's because, at the meeting today, she really disagreed with the boy in the corps who brought a demon!" Shinobu said."You mean the-""Hanamura-san! I told you not to shout or your wound will open again!" Aoi shouted.

"Sorry, what did you want to say?" Shinobu asked. "I was just about to say: 'Do you mean the red-haired boy?'" Yumiko asked to make sure. "Isn't it Tanjiro?" Kanao asked, since she overheard them. "Yes, it is Kamado Tanjiro and Kamado Nezuko!" Shinobu said. 

"Well, it's been proven that the demon girl didn't eat humans, right, Shinobu-sama?" Yumiko asked, making sure of the truth. "Yes, it has been proven!" Shinobu said cheerfully.

"Where is Tanjiro and his friends now?" Yumiko asked. "Oh, they're in the room for injured slayers." Shinobu said. "Which room?" "The room for injured slayers on the left!" Shinobu said. "Whose left? Mine or yours?" Yumiko asked. "Oh, mine," Shinobu giggled. Yumiko goes to the place which her master said. "WHY CAN'T I EAT IF I DRINK THIS MEDICINE?!" a shrill man shouted. 

"SHUT UP! I HAD EXPLAINED IT COUNTLESS TIMES ALREADY! I'LL TIE YOU UP IF YOU DON'T KNOCK IT OFF!" Aoi's voice replied. "Looks like Aoi had a hard time dealing with one of Tanjiro's friends!" Yumiko sighed. "ZENITSU!!" another voice shouted, shocking Yumiko.

She nearly opened the sliding door "Konnich-" "TANJIROO! HEAR ME OUT! I GOT STABBED BY THIS STINKY SPIDER AND I WAS IN A LOT OF PAIN DUE TO THE POISON!!!" the shrill man shouted again. 

"Looks like I didn't come at the right time!" Yumiko sweatdropped.

(And the next chap will be published tomorrow :D)