Chapter 8 - Is this love?

“Am I a bad person, Shinobu-sama? I just killed my own brother!! I'm very crazy, the anger blinded me” Yumiko said, sobbing a lot . “He had abused you, and you must have had a  hard life when you're a little and he must have a karma! It shows that you're doing the right thing, But mostly you're not doing the right thing, daijobu! you're safe!” Shinobu said, smiling. “Arigato, Shinobu-sama!” Yumiko said. “You're welcome!” Shinobu replied.

Yumiko attended her brother's burial. The inheritance is finally hers. “I'm sorry brother, I know I actually don't want to kill you, but anger has blinded me.” Yumiko muttered.

“Noo! Don’t leave me, my husband! I'm too young to be a widow! Then what about Mrs. Ooe? My pride is gone, with my husband, as a rich noble's wife! Hey, you! I heard you are not my husband's sister, aren’t you? Don't take the treasure that my husband should have!" Kaori cried. “Geez- I'm really his older sister, my name is Hatsune Yumiko and I don't think I want to take your treasure!” Yumiko said. “Fine!” Kaori cried again.

They get back to their home and take a shower. “Ahhh, the water is indeed fresh!” Yumiko said.“ Oops- it's night time, I mustn't shout.” Yumiko giggled. Yumiko went back to her place and was about to sleep. A shout was heard in the neighbourhood. “It must've been big!” Yumiko thought, referring to the shout. The next day, Yumiko gets up and sees the time. “What time is it?” Yumiko asked herself. “It’s 2:40?!? Why is time so fast?” Yumiko said, shocked.“Oh! Kamado-ku-” Yumiko said.

“JUST BEHEAD HER ASAP BEFORE SHE EATS SOMEONE!" Mitsuko’s voice was heard, interrupting what Yumiko was about to say.  Yumiko suddenly appeared behind them and said “Mitsuko-chan~, I don’t think killing Nezuko is the best choice, since she’s special! Just imagine if there’s a demon on our side, she'll-” “She’ll eat us immediately after she realises that she’s no human.” Mitsuko interrupted again.

“Mitsuko, she is a very special demon. She is not a man-eating-demon. It is clear, since she still hasn't eaten any humans for 2 years.” Yumiko said, half annoyed. “Oh really? I’m not sure whether it’s true or not! It can be just a lie that he spat out, so we also protect her!” Mitsuko defended. “Mitsuko, If you want the truth, you must go and ask Tomioka-san, he has the answer to this question.” Yumiko replied.

“I can’t ask a traitor. I have my own pride, not like most of you, so I can't plead a traitor for an answer.” Mitsuko said calmly.

“Tomioka-san has seen that demon, not eating humans with his own eyes.” Yumiko said.

“Did he? Or did he not see her at the right time?”

“Um, I better go and have my training, then!” Tanjiro said, leaving the scene.
“Mitsuko, please stop.” Yumiko said. “Why? Did I do wrong?” asked Mitsuko. “Mitsuko, you can trust Nezuko, she’s-” Yumiko said. “Stop, will you? I’m tired of hearing that all the time! You guys are just giving me a headache!” Mitsuko immediately interrupted.

“Why? Why did you hate her so much?” shouted Yumiko.
“Hate? Nope. Not at all. I just don’t want to die too soon. I have too many plans for my future." Mitsuko said flatly. “Trust Nezuko. It’s the best choice. Maybe Nezuko can help us at some point of time too, when we need them. Plus, we won’t know what will happen next. If she really eats humans…, then you’re right.” Yumiko said.

“Well, fine if you think so. You are free to think like that. But I didn’t want a demon in my territory. And I am the master of all this. The one who feeds you, dresses you, keeps you and shelters you. So go. And take care of them yourself. The Estate members will not help the details they need, except they volunteered. Now excuse me, I need to go since I’m late for work! Sayonara!!” Mitsuko said. “W-wait, Mitsuko-chan!” Yumiko replied.