Chapter 6 - Inheritance

"Well, I think you had to inherit your father's business and money because your younger brother, Kichisaburo, also wanted to inherit it. He's bad at trading and economics. So please understand." the man pleaded. "I'm sorry Sasaki-san, but I don't know about what happened to my father, he always treats me badly.  It's already what they're supposed to get for treating me badly," Yumiko said. "I didn't even know that these things existed, I mean, I had once swore that they would one day get the retaliation!" Yumiko giggled in her mind.

"No, please you can't! He tried to make you happy even if he's in the middle of bankruptcy! He thought that he's a bad father, so he wanted to buy something for you! But in reality, you do nothing at his house. So please! He always thinks of you! He even buys gold for your wedding, with his money left, knowing that you wouldn't like the idea about it! But you ran away!" Sasaki said.

"But he always treats me horribly like a maid! Is that how a father does?" Yumiko shouted at the old man. Tears flowed down from her eyes to her cheeks, while denying her father's love. "Please don't think either way! He loves you, and he cares for you! He doesn't give attention to you that much since he thinks that Young master Shuichiro must be prepared to face the world of business!" he said.

When Yumiko and Sasaki talked, Shinobu came to check on Yumiko. "What's going on here?" Shinobu asked. "Ahh-!" Yumiko said, shocked. "Who are you? And why are you distracting us? What family are you from either way?" Sasaki shouted at Shinobu. "I'm Kocho Shinobu, the master of this house and Yumiko. Who are you, immoral man who came in the middle of the night only to disturb other people?" Shinobu said angrily, but still gracefully. 

"Huh? What? How dare you call my lady, Hatsune Yumiko, like that! She's now the direct line to inheritance!" Juntaro said, confused while shouting to Shinobu. "D-direct line?" Shinobu burst into laughter. "In your dreams!" Shinobu said. "She is my tsuguko, and it's official already."

"Official from the government? Anyways, I had no time for this. My lady, we have to go this instant." Juntaro said. "No! Sasaki-san, I can't go there because I'm now her tsugoku!" Yumiko shouted. "Don't you dare to touch her, you, immoral man! I'll call the corps for harassing my tsuguko." Shinobu said, angrily but still polite as ever but with a threatening tone.

"This is not a childish game, you both! Fine, I'll give you some time. But be quick, or we'll die by your brother's orders. Good day." Juntaro left. "S-Shinobu-sama I-I'm scared!" Yumiko said, trembling. "It's ok Yumiko-chan, I will always protect you," Shinobu said, smiling. "Anyways, let's sleep! Good night Yumiko-chan!" Shinobu said.

*timeskip*

It is morning, finally. Yumiko got a letter. "Yumiko-san! There's a letter for you!" Kiyo shouted. "Don't shout in the morning, Kiyo-chan!" Yumiko said, warning her. "Oops- I'm sorry. Here's a letter for you! Did you sleep at midnight? Your eyebags are super visible now!" Kiyo whispered. "Huh?" Yumiko said, confused. Yumiko takes the letter and heads to her room.

"Who is this letter from?" Yumiko muttered. Her beautiful 'goddess-like' face turned pale. "H-Hats-sune... K-Kichis-saburo?!" Yumiko said to herself in shock. Yumiko immediately read the letter.

'Hi, long time no see, direct to inheritance? I'm not sure you can manage all that money and father's business. You better give it all to me, or I'll take everyone you love and kill them, just like what you had done to my family!'

A piece of cloth emerges from the letter. "Uh oh, this guy really is bad news! Wait! Wasn't it Juntaro's piece of cloth when he met me? It is BLOODY!" Yumiko thought. Running away is only what Yumiko thinks of. Shinobu came by, "Moshi-Moshi! Ohayo, Yumiko-chan! Good sleep yesterday?" Shinobu said, smiling. "Ahhh! O-ohayo g-gozaimasu Sh-Shinobu-s-sama!" Yumiko said, shocked because of the sudden presence of Shinobu. 

"Hm? Letter from who?" Shinobu asked. "N-Noone! Ju-just a r-random letter! Ehehe, yeah!" Yumiko said, nervous. Another page of the letter fell, Shinobu took it and read it. A big gasp enters Shinobu's mouth. "Isn't this letter from your brother?" Shinobu asked." I-I, U-uh, N-no, it isn't!" Yumiko said.

"Please don't lie to me, it's ok your brother isn't here anyways!" Shinobu said, gently smiling. "Look, if you lied to me, you'll die! Your life's on the line! Look at this letter! The immoral guy who entered this estate without permission is brutally killed! Your brother said that you're next! He even sent a picture of that immoral guy, dead! Look! And what is this? A picture of everyone in the estate and all your friends! Wait a sec-. He included me?! And- oh, another letter," Shinobu said.

"The people in the picture will die if you don't give me the inheritance, father has left me, beware, your friends' lives are counting on you." they readed. Yumiko can't decide whether to cry or not."If I go there, am I still a demon slayer?" she asked Shinobu. "I don't know. Let's find it together, in a group! Working with a group is better than working all alone!" Shinobu replied. "O-ok."Yumiko Replied. 

"This will be hard, I warn you." Shinobu warned. 

(And the next chap will be published tomorrow :D)