Chapter 10 - Confession

"Kiyo-chan! You've shocked me!" Yumiko said. "Sorry! I am just super scared of cockroaches!" Kiyo cried. "They're disgusting!" Kiyo cried again."Huh, Okay I will take the cockroach out." Yumiko said. Then Yumiko stepped on the cockroaches and got a napkin to cover it and throw it into the trash can. "Now, the cockroach is gone!" Yumiko sighed.

 "Thank you, Yumiko-san!" Kiyo said. "Your welcome, Kiyo-chan!" Yumiko said. Then Kiyo left Yumiko behind. "Huh, I think I need a stroll." Yumiko said. Yumiko stroll the Butterfly Estate.

"Kazuo-sama!" Etsuko rushed cheerfully as if she got a new doll. "Etsuko-chan? Why is she here?" Yumiko thought. "Ets-'', "Oh, Etsuko-chan! My name is Rengoku Kyoujurou, not Kazuo-sama," Kyoujuro's giggling voice said. Yumiko felt her heart ache looking at them, smiling at each other.

 "Oh, Kazu- I mean, Ky-Kyouju-jurou? Will you fulfil your promise?" Etsuko asked. Yumiko can see Etsuko's eyes, sparkling full of hope. "Why do I look jealous? Rengoku-san is only a friend, Yumiko!" Yumiko said to herself.

Etsuko spotted her sister and caught her red-handed. She immediately hugged Kyoujurou to make her sister even more jealous. "Can you?" Etsuko begged Kyoujurou. "I-" Kyoujuro muttered. Yumiko left the scene, heartbroken. "Love indeed is sweet, but in the end, it will only make you suffer more! Love never ends up well!" a flashback of Mitsuko's voice buzzed in her head. 

"Huh, Mitsuko is right, it makes me feel more sad as if someone dies or breaks up." Yumiko said to herself. "I must be ashamed of myself, they will be a perfect couple! I, as her sister, must bury this feeling deep down below my heart, so that she will be happy." Yumiko sighed.

*Meanwhile, back then*

"I'm sorry, Etsuko-chan, but I already like someone else," he said. "Is it Nee-san who you love?" Etsuko finally asked in a serious tone, tearing up a bit. Kyoujurou stays silent and doesn't respond to her question. "I knew it, but why?" Etsuko said. "Is there a reason to love someone? What about you, yourself? Why do you like me?" he asked. 

"We just met 2 times!" Kyoujurou smiled. "Why do you love me, if you already like someone else? Why do you want me, if you love Yumiko Nee-san?" Etsuko said. "What did you mean?" Kyoujurou asked. "You've promised me!" Etsuko said.

"I've promised you?" Kyoujurou frowned. "Yes, and I'm sorry because I know everything about the Demon Slayer Corps! I know it from you and Okaa-san! I just pretended for all this time! Don't you notice? I was borned by a Demon Slayer, so how can I not know? Okaa-san is!" Etsuko said. "Your Okaa-san and you aren't." Kyoujurou said. 

"You don't believe me? Then what makes Yumiko a great slayer? It is heredity! Then, should I confess another one?" Etsuko sighed while frowning and looked to the sky, remembering her days.

 "Is there something that you're hiding?" Kyoujurou asked. "Eh- uh- n-no," Etsuko said, trembling. "Fine then, I'm rejected, and I'll be leaving now," Etsuko sighed while trying her best not to cry.

Etsuko gets back the Butterfly Estate. "Nee-san~! I heard that Rengoku-san likes you!" Etsuko rushed cheerfully to Yumiko, being her 'too-childish' self. "Eh-?" Yumiko said, confused. "Yes! He said this by himself!" Etsuko smiled. "But you already con-" Yumiko said. 

"Con- what?" Etsuko immediately interrupts her. Pretending to remember, she says "Oh, that! Hahaha!" Etsuko said. "That's a misunderstanding, I just asked if he loved you, Nee-san! You guys will definitely make a perfect couple!" Etsuko said. 

"I'm just jealous of Nee-san because I know you like Rengoku-san! And about our childhood promise, nah, forget it, it is a long time ago! It's probably expired now!" Etsuko said cheerfully again. "So he really likes me tho? Or is he just daring to tell Etsuko?" Yumiko thought. "Nee-san? Something is bothering you?" Etsuko asked. "Ahh! Nothing actually!" Yumiko said.

"I heard from Rengoku-san that there's these 'ranks'. Where are you now?" Etsuko asked.

"Hinoe, it is the 4th from the Hashira rank," Yumiko replied.

"Ooh,"

"Nee-san I want to confess actually I-" Etsuko said. "Hatsune-san! Your crow has been super noisy here! Come now!" Aoi shouted angrily. "Hai, Aoi-san!" Yumiko shouted back and left immediately. "I guess I will tell you later, Nee-san!" Etsuko said to herself. 

"Caww- you haven't told her, have you?" a crow suddenly come in Etsuko's room."Not yet, Aiko-chan! I just haven't got the right time!" Etsuko said. "I just wanted to tell the truth that I am actually..." Etsuko took her katana and uniform.

"A Kinoto-ranked Demon slayer." 

(And the next chap will be published tomorrow :D)

Joy and Despairजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें