Chapter 7 - Kichisaburo

Yumiko and Shinobu come to Hatsune's house to see Hatsune Kichisaburo. A woman opened the door. "Tsukiko-san! You're still alive!" Yumiko said. "Young lady, Yumiko! Please don't come here!" Tsukiko, Yumiko's personal maid since she's still in that house, said while blocking Yumiko's way to the entrance."I'm sorry, but I have to meet him." Yumiko insisted. 

"No, don't Young mas- I mean Master is mad! He kept on sending spies to keep on track of you and your friends! No, you can't go! He'll kill you in his underground place to torture and kill people!" Tsukiko said, terrified for her master.

"Tsukiko! Close the door if that's Mrs. Ooe! I'm sick of her coming to this house! Get rid of that disgusting woman in front!" a voice of a lady called. "Y-yes ma'am!" Tsukiko trembled in fear."Who is that lady? Is she new to this place?" Yumiko asked. "S-she's the master's wife, and if we disobey her, she'll tell master to kill us!" Tsukiko replied, trembling. "Oh, so she is my sister-in-law," Yumiko said. 

"Please don't go i-in! If I let you in, I'll be beaten to death by Master!" Tsukiko said, trembling. "Tsukiko, this is very important. I have to meet my brother" Yumiko said. "Let us in, we'll talk to your 'master' to not beat you." Shinobu said, trying to be calm.

"Why is it so hard for you to close the door? Are you too lazy to close it? I'll tell my husband to beat you to death!" the Mistress if the house said pinching her maid's ear hard. "Indeed, she is pretty, but she acts so childish! I think Kichisaburo spoils her!" Yumiko thought. "Who are you!" shouted the Mistress with a coarse voice. "I'm your husband's older sister!" Yumiko boasted. "Prove it." she said. "Need proof?" Yumiko thought.

"I think it's clear already. Tsukiko. Please shoo them off. My husband isn't expecting someone to come." shouted the Mistress. "What is the shout about? Oh, you came. Sorry if she evicts you. Who's that?" a silhouette of a man came towards them. "My apologies, I'm Kocho Shinobu, master of your sister." Shinobu said, smiling. "My sister? I don't have a sister," the man said.

"Eh?" Yumiko asked. "I'm not your brother." the man said. "Oh right! Ezume-san! Hahahaha, what a long time!" Yumiko sweatdropped, ashamed because they had mistaken him as her brother. "Come in, please, master was expecting to have you as his guest." he welcomed. They both entered the house and Yumiko realised that the house had changed a lot, the furniture was new, and was styled well. Most of them are already changed into a western style one, making a fancy look of the house.

"I was expecting you, have a seat, you both," a man said, sitting in an armchair while sipping his coffee and reading the news. "So you want the house! I see..., not a problem for me. Well you said that I'll waste them a lot, but it seems that you're the one who wastes them! I don't think that you're too poor until you kill only for the inheritance! The wallpapers, sofas, armchairs, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera, I'm not sure if these luxury items were... you know..., 'cheap'," Yumiko scanned her surroundings.

"Or don't say that these all are fake? I don't think so,"

"How rude you are to my husband! You have to say sorry for how you speak!" The Mistress said. "Kaori! Calm down!" Kichisaburo said to his wife. "Okay, fine! I'll leave here, and I'll never meet you again there! Just sleep with your 'new vase' tonight! I don't care anymore!" Kaori left. "Sorry for my wife, she's one spoiled woman, just like a kindergartener!" Kichisaburo sighed. 

"And, did you say that you're Yumiko's 'Master'? So, Yumiko's your slave now? I have no interest in buying her," Kichisaburo laughed. "Pardon me, I am her older sister, to be clear," Shinobu said, trying to calm Yumiko down. "Older sister? I don't remember having another sister!" Kichisaburo said.

"Adopted,"

"My apologies for that! Please have a sip of the tea before it gets cold," he added. "Geez, what is wrong with this guy?" Yumiko asked.

"So, how have you been doing there with your new 'Master'?" Kichisaburo asked. "G-good, very." Yumiko said, trembling. "Now, what is it?" Kichisaburo said. "What what?" Yumiko asked. "Why did you come here? Just to the point! I have something to do later!" Kichisaburo said. "I wanna ask you something!" Yumiko said. "Oh my G*d! Just go the h*ll to the point, daughter of a whore!" Kichisaburo shouted, banging the table. "My apologies, your sister is trembling. You mustn't do that!" Shinobu said.

"Why should I care? She's not my sister and we're not blood related at all." Kichisaburo said flatly. "And why is her name still Hatsune, then? Hm?" Shinobu asked. "How can I know? I can't change her name into something! Her name is still on the family card!" Kichisaburo laughed it off. "Didn't your parents tell you that she is part of the family and not abused?" Shinobu speaked for Yumiko.

 "Hey, think, you both! Yumiko isn't my mother's daughter!" Kichisaburo said. This answer shocked both. "W-what did you mean?" Yumiko asked. "Onii-chan told me that when he's 6, father brought you in! You are the father's illegitimate daughter from a prostitute!" Kichisaburo said. "I wasn't born at that time, my mother told me when I was 4, I was born at THIS PLACE!" Yumiko shouted.

"Fine, here's the truth. Your mother, the prostitute was brought here, so that people think that mother, my mother, gave birth to you! Your real mother is dead! Onii-chan said that she also has those weird cyan eyes, and those weird pink hair of yours!" Kichisaburo said. "Give me the proof of her, I want the truth, not lies!" Yumiko said. "Here, a birth certificate of yours, with another woman, that I don't even know." Kichisaburo said.

"I am the one worthy of the inheritance! Your friends' life depends on your decision, so better think wisely." Kichisaburo said. "This scent-" Yumiko muttered. Shinobu listened. "He's a demon..." Shinobu continued. "My apologies brother, I have to do it." Yumiko thought, while giving a creepy smile. "Yumiko! You better think twice!" Shinobu whispered to Yumiko. Yumiko unsheathed her sword. 

"So you're brave now, huh? Yes! Kill me! I'm always ready for this! Either way, you can't hide the fact that you aren't a pure lady, after all! She is my witness!" Kichisaburo said, pointing at Shinobu. "Is this family all crazy?" Shinobu thought. The sound of a 'slash' was heard. A sign that Kichisaburo's life has ended. 

(And the next chap will be published tomorrow :D)