CHAPTER 3

Six Months Later

Earth Conglomerate Military Colonial Base

From the skies of Sierra Alpha Prime, a transport supply ship just arrived at the colonial military base, now called Spearhead Forward Operating Base. Once landed, General Jackson and Lt. Major Mason exit a ship with a two-platoon of soldiers. Brigadier Major Talbot met general Orlando Jackson. Talbot and the troops he commanded saluted General Orlando.

"At Ease," General Jackson commended. Brigadier Major and the troops followed his command.

"General, I am here to brief you on our progress on our plans for assault against the traitor Joilee and those savages."

"Hey, watch who you are talking about. That is my sister."

"Lt. Major, at ease!"

"Yes, sir!" Mason replied as he trimmed Talbot.

"Mason, make sure the troop unloads the UAVs, droids, vehicles, and equipment unloaded.

"Yes, Sir!"

"Brigadier Major briefed me in the command center!"

Once Jackson and Talbot arrived at the command center, they went through an airlock that pumped fresh oxygen into the chamber. Once the safety light went from red to green, they removed their exosuit helmet.

General Talbot reveals himself to be a 61-year-old caucasian male. He was clean-shaven with silver hair and gray eyes.

"So tell me what is going on here, Brigadier Major. I have read your report about your prior engagement with the native. I find your contact methods with the natives disturbing."

"What do you mean?"

"Your hostility towards the natives of the planet is disturbing."

"Sir, I am sure our hostility is nothing more than self-defense. We have countlessly tried to shut down the weapon that keeps us from expanding our population here."

"It's not self-defense when we are trespassing on their world."

"Sir, I have an order to shut that weapon down by any means necessary for the greater good of the human race."

"There is no such thing as the greater good when victory is one by ill means. We will take a peaceful approach to Alien human relations from this day forward. You are relieved of duty, and you will head back to the Ragnarok for debriefing."

"Sir, you can't do that! I had orders from the last General before he was killed."

"Your orders have been received. The supply ship leaves at 300 hours,"

General Talbot has a smug look on his face

"Sir, yes, sir!"

Two days later, General Jackson listened to a video log of the report and studied the terrain where Talbot encountered the natives. General looks at the bodycam footage of the battle against Joilee. General could not believe his eyes. Joilee has not aged 40 years. "Damn, you look just as beautiful the day you left me!" Orlando replied.

The thought of Joilee rekindled Orlando's memory. He remembers how they used to spar in training and made love. Suddenly, Orlando's memory lane was interrupted by a video call chime. Orlando pressed a button. The screen revealed that it was his wife, Dr. Yelena Jones.

"Hey, baby girl, what can I do for you," Orlando smiled.

"For one, you can explain why you have not contacted me once you took over command. I have missed you since you left the Ragnarok," Dr. Yelena stated.