CHAPTER 10

Dr. Yelena and three E.G.C. soldiers are in the room to retrieve Joilee. Joilee is shackled at her ankles, wrist, and neck, all of which are being chained to her waist. One of the E.G.C. soldiers stand guard with a rifle in his hand, ready to use it on Joilee at a moment's notice.

"Is this all necessary," Joilee scoffed.

"Quiet prisoner! Do you think we will let a dangerous traitor like you roam around base camp without restraints," the Chief security officers commanded.

"That is enough to antagonize my patient soldier," Dr. Yelena commanded. Dr. Yelena gave a comforting look to Joilee. "I apologize for the soldiers. I assure you the restraints are only protocol for patient escort."

"Do they have to put them on so tight!"

"They fit no other way, so quit your whining," one of the soldiers scolded.

"Gentlemen, leave me alone with my patient."

"We have orders to escort her to the holographic chamber. We are not leaving."

"You still will have your orders; I want to talk to my patient alone. Now leave. That is an order!"

All the soldiers leave the room. Dr. Yelena examined the restraints to ensure they were not too much of a discomfort. The soldiers made sure the wrist restraints were tight enough to cut off circulation just as she expected. Dr. Yelena used her security OLED to slightly release the restraints, allowing a comforting feel for Joilee.

"Thank you," Joilee replied.

"You don't have to thank me. Your well-being is my duty."

"I tell. Thank you for the new clothes, by the way! They are less constricting."

"I modified the 3D printer to fit your size. I had to search the E.G.C. military records to get your fitting. You have not gained weight in 40 years. You did well," Dr. Yelena commended.

"So today, I finally met the Hearthtropolian council in person."

"You do, but not in person."

"What do you mean?"

"They will meet you through holographic communications."

"Holographic communications. The last time I heard that the Applied Science Division was working on a prototype."

"Holographic technology was put into use 30 years ago. It's perfect with room efficiency but uses a lot of energy, which the new lightwave reactors provide more than enough."

"I missed a lot over the years.

******

Yelena and her three military escorts Joilee took her to a large room in a dome structure. The room was dark. However, motion light sensors caused the room to light up slightly. Joilee was instructed to stand in the center in the middle of the room.

"What am I supposed to do," Joilee asked.

"You wait," Dr. Yelena replied before leaving the room with the security escort.

Joilee stood in the middle of the room for five minutes before the council's holographic communications activated. Seven towering human figures dressed in white over military uniforms. The holographic projector displayed their bust images as the holo emitters projected their images 10 ft above Joilee. The council members appeared as middle-aged men and women, and their demeanor displayed a strong sense of authority. However, Joilee was not intimidated by the large projections as it was a clear sign to her that the council gave themselves a God complex. The council's voice sat in the middle of the council while three members sat on each side of the leader.