CHAPTER 15

TALBOT & THE COUNCIL

A day after Joilee's transmission, Talbot went to the communications room. He ordered all communications officers out of the room and programmed a council security level access to the room. General Talbot contacted the Chief Council Spokesman, Council Maximus. A towering holographic projection, the council spokesman, appeared at least 9 feet in height.

"General Talbot, are you ready to report?"

'I am. Is this a secure channel?"

"Of course," The spokesman assured. "The council and I have reviewed the video log of Joilee."

"What do you think about her insubordination? She refuses to help us in our mission to colonize this planet."

"We have reviewed the logs from your base camp. Joilee has not openly refused to help us, but we are convinced we cannot control her."

"Do you think you can control a weapon?"

"A weapon!"

"Yes, Joilee is a living weapon. She has uncanny abilities!"

"Agreed. So what are your plans to contain this matter?"

"Joilee must be terminated if I am going to complete my mission to destroy the other alien weapon at the savages' temple!"

"I agree. However, the other council member does not. They believe Joilee is a key to our survival. Our scientists are coming up with solutions to contain Joilee alive. In the meantime, just play along. Focus on destroying that weapon."

"Why is it so important that we take out this weapon? We can settle anywhere on this planet with our created flight plans."

"The Oldumarey's old satellite detected that the area is rich in raw and unknown metals. To extract that raw material, we need to safely extract it from the surface to a mining ship. We plan to start mining operations in 6 months. That is your time to destroy the weapon."

"I understand. What about Mason and Orlando? They seemed to admire Joilee. Should I deal with them as well?"

"For the time being, they will serve as pawns. Once Joilee and the weapon are destroyed, Mason and Orlando will be reassigned to Earth for law enforcement."

"Fine, sir. I will carry out your mission."

"And remember, your mission is covert."

TALBOT & DR. YELENA

Dr. Yelena is in her psych office looking over the recording from Joilee's last message. Yelena is looking for social cues in her body language to understand Joilee. After she agreed to help the human race set up colonies on Sierra Alpha Prime. Yelena understands that Joilee was telling the truth to help the E.G.C, but why understand her deception in not using the plan.

While Dr. Yelan was deeply observing the video, General Talbot entered her office. Dr. Yelena quickly turned off the monitor for confidentiality purposes.

"General Talbot, how are you today?"

"Just damn peachy!"

"Are you here to finally start attending your psych evaluations? In your report, you have missed the last ten mandatory evaluations."

"I see you have been doing your homework on me?"

"It is my job as the chief psychiatrist on this base."