CHAPTER 5

Joilee went to the edge of Orlando's Military Outpost where she encountered Orlando and Mason for the first time. The camp managed to grow in size with troops, drones, and vehicles. All thanks to biodomes being able to be constructed with revolutionized biodome technology quickly. These biodomes were self-constructed with drone A.I executed the blueprint design. Joilee, Mantiko, and a few of the Quexamtil escorts observed.

"They brought more soldiers with them," Mantiko replied in a frustrated manner."

"Yeah, that is part of their manifesto. Fast, Effective, and Efficient."

"Joilee are you sure you want to go!"

"I have to." Mantiko looked with sadness. Joilee reached into her pelt satchel and removed her dog tags. They were made of ballistic grade glass. Her name and rank were etched in neon green fonts and the borders were infused with a bluish neon color. Joilee used rope to attach the tags to a tip of an arrow. She fired the arrows at one of the sentinels, which landed at his feet.

Moments later, Orlando and Mason walked towards the edge of the bush line. Joilee walked out to greet their estranged comrade.

"Alright Joilee, you got my attention! What do you need," Mason replied.

"I am willing to talk!"

"That is great sis," Mason replied in an elated tone.

"However, before I come with you, I have conditions."

"Alright, I am listening."

"One, I talking as a Sierran citizen. I am no longer an E.G.C. officer. 2. I will be allowed to leave when I say. 3. No harm will come to me or any Sierra Native. All trespassing and aggression stop today."

"Joilee, that sounds reasonable enough," Orlando stated.

"Joilee, I am with you. You are in good hands," Mason stated.

Orlando informed base security to make themselves away from their guest. He ordered all soldiers and security to keep their weapons powered down. Orlando and Mason escorted Joilee into the decontamination biodome. On her way, Joilee noticed that E.G.C soldiers was whispering;

"That is her,"

"What is she doing here!"

"Fucking traitor!"

These were the statement of the soldiers loyal to the E.G.C. Joilee saw her fellow race glaring at her with disdain. Joilee knew she would have to watch her back. She did not know if she would have to defend herself against her fellow race. Orlando saw Joilee looking around making herself aware of her surroundings. Orlando knew what she was doing. Joilee was commemorating the newly constructed outpost to memory. All E.G.C personnel took extensive survival training, and commenting the environment to memory.

"Joilee, I promise you. You are amongst family now!"

"I beg to differ, I can feel the anger the people have for me here."

"They're just upset that you been kicking their ass in the bush! Just stay clear of the droid engineers. You really have been giving them work, smashing up out tin can soldiers."

"Well, if Talbot stopped sending them to trespass on the Quexamatil land, I would not have to break them. The Sierran native sees your trespass as an act of disrespect; worthy of war."

"Well, that is why I am here. The previous commanding officer is not in charge here anymore. You'll be dealing directly with me. Hopefully we a come to terms and end the hostilities between us and the natives."

"That is why I am here Orlando!"

"Yeah sis' and maybe we can catch up on old times." Joilee smiles.

"I am looking forward to it."

Orlando, Mason, and Joilee arrived in the decontamination bay within the recently established biome. The decontamination is connected to the main biodome command center. Unlike the main base colony that was 40 miles off the continent, the base camp operated as a forward operating base to allow the EGC to expand its territories on the planet.

Before Mason and Orlando stepped inside there was a science team waiting for Joilee. Orlando became suspicious of the team as he did not request any assistance from the Science team nor requested a stasis pod.

"What is going on here," Mason asked the science officers.

"We are here to retrieve the humanoid specimen."

"What humanoid specimen," Mason asked.

"They are talking bout me," Joilee replied as she stepped back in defense. "Orlando you lied to me, I am leaving."

"Joilee I did not betray you..."

"Fuck off, Orlando!"

Joilee unsheathed her made-shift dagger and stood in a defense martial arts stance. Joilee backed up a few before attempting to turn around and flee. However, Joilee saw the soldiers that were staring at her. They formed a circular pincer position to capture Joilee.

"You going to get your ass in that pod! One way or the other."

"You think so, I like to see you make me!"

"Gladly,"

The soldiers pointed their weapons at Joilee however, Mason, jump in the way pointing his weapon toward his fellow soldiers.

"Everyone, stand down now," Orlando commanded.

"Sir, we have received special orders straight from the council to contain the specimen."

"WILL YOU STOP FUCKING CALLING ME THAT!"

"General Orlando, sir. I am sorry to disobey your orders, but the council orders override command."

"You touch her, and that will be your ass," Orlando yelled!

"So be it!" The soldier removed a Vesper Android device from his side hip. He pressed a button that activated the taser protocol initiative. These protocols codes were given by E.G.C Council, in the assurance that low-ranking officers could subdue their commanding officers if they ever went rogue.

Joilee looked around and saw that she was alone in her battle.

"You come any closer, and I cut your fucking throats."

"Yeah, I don't think so sweetheart!"

The soldiers fired taser rounds into Joilee hitting her. Joilee body is slightly tensed up after each of the five soldiers' 50,000 joules.

"What the hell, she should have been out," The soldier replied.

"Well keep firing until she is. Lullaby her ass!"

The soldiers relentlessly kept firing live rounds. Joilee screams in pain as she dropped to her knees in pain. Her breathing was rapid as she was gasping for air. Her lungs were filling with blood. The screams were not enough to evoke mercy as they kept firing until her body was riddled

"Finally, the specimen is neutralized!"

The soldiers picked her up and placed her inside a body bag.