CHAPTER 11

Joilee is sitting in her examination cell. Dr. Quanyin is present as she is assigned to prep Joilee with a new RFID chip. Dr. Quanyin extracted the outdated data chip from Joilee's arm with an RFID extraction gun.

"Ow! What the fuck," Joilee yelled.

"I am sorry! I forgot to tell you that you would feel a pinch!" Joilee glared a look of irritation at Dr. Quanyin.

"That wasn't a pinch," Joilee gritted.

Blood started slowly to stream down Joilee's arm. Dr. Quanyin grabbed a medical gauze and wrapped Joilee's arm tightly to stop the bleeding. Dr. Quanyin next grabbed the insertion gun that was loaded with an advanced RFID chip.

"You will only feel a pinch," Dr. Quanyin replied.

"A pinch?" Joilee raised a brow.

"Okay, it will hurt like hell! I'll give you something to numb the pain!"

'"No, just get it over with!"

Dr. Quanyin injected Joilee with the RFID chip. Joilee felt a searing pain that would take a few minutes to subside. Dr. Quanyin went to the computer, activated the RFID chip, and programmed Joilee's military information onto the chip.

"There, that should do it! You are all set to go!"

"I guess you are finished low jacking me. I guess it's all part of E.G.C policy to track everyone under their control."

Suddenly Dr. Yelana walks into the examination lab with Mason. Mason is dressed in a full Exo bio suit without the protective helmet.

"Everything is necessary for your safety," Dr. Yelena stated.

"Mason, so you are coming with me?"

"Yeah! This time I am going to make sure I have your back. You won't be alone out there this time."

"I won't be with you. The Quexamatil have become my family."

"Well, your little bro is with you this time. Whatever you need, I got the guns in my holster and in these arms for your protection." Mason replied as he turned to the side and grabbed his wrist for a bodybuilder pose.

Joilee rolls her eyes in slight disbelief that her brother was still goofy when he was growing up. However, she missed those moments of their childhood laughter.

"Don't burst a blood vessel."

"Joilee, are you ready? Your uniform is ready for you," Dr. Yelena replied.

"I am not wearing a uniform. What I have will be fine."

"It is the protocol as an officer."

"Dr. Yelena, as soon as I am amongst my friends, I will wear their clothing. Don't you think it would be best that I do so to help establish a relationship between our two people," Joilee asked smugly? Dr. Yelen sighed before giving a smile.

"You are right. I guess you will be on your way," Dr. Yelena replied.

JOILEE & MASON

Joilee, Mason, a small platoon of foot soldiers, androids, and flying drones are en route to the Quexamatil village. Mason and Joilee walked head as they had a private brother and sister conversation. Joilee and Mason were talking about the mission at hand.

"So, sis, what are your plans to get diplomatic relations started."

"I have no idea. I'll just tell the Quexamatil people the truth. I owe them that much!"

"And what truth is that," Mason asked.

"You are trying to settle on this planet to start a new civilization."

"Yeah, I guess that is the truth."

"Speaking of truth, little bro? Can I rely on you to tell me the truth?"

"Yeah, of course. You gotta a question, I will answer it."

"Okay. Do you think the Hearthtropolian government will treat the native fairly when they establish colonies here?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, I don't want Earth's destructive history repeating on this pure, unexploited planet."

"Joilee, I do not understand what you are saying?"

"I am saying E.G.C has bigger guns than the native here. I don't want the Sierran natives to subjugate to any governmental authority."

"Joilee, if you talk about us taking over this planet, that is not in our plans."

"Are you sure?"

"Joilee, all I know is this. The Solarian colonies are overpopulated, with human resources dwindling every day. I read reports that Earth will no longer be habitable in less than 100 years. We are a dying race Joilee. We are trying to survive. I don't think the Hearthtropolian government could expand its resources in going to war with the natives here."

Joilee stops in her tracks and takes a sigh!

"I believe you, but I can't take that risk on your word!"

"What are you talking about?"

"I cannot allow you to come to the Quexamatil village."

Joilee's eyes started to glow a bluish hue. Joilee raises her hand towards the androids and flying drones. Joilee produced an E.M.P field that rendered all electrical equipment useless. Droids and drones drop to the ground like dead weight. The E.G.C soldiers panic and raise their guns; however, the Joilee uses a sound wave that causes the helmets' comm system to make a high-pitched noise. Mason and all other human soldiers fall to the ground as they all try to take off their helmets. However, the sound is too disorientating for soldiers as they all black out except for Mason. Joilee held back some of her power that prevented Mason from passing out. Mason laid on his back, trying to bear the pain. Joilee kneels to Mason.

"I am sorry little brother. I cannot allow any of you to enter the village. The Quexamatil might kill you on sight. Don't try to find me.

*****

Thirty minutes later, Orlando rides above a rescue transport ship. Above the horizon, he sees a red smoke that rises from the trees. The rescue transport ship hovers above the smoke. Mason looks below and sees Mason waving for the ship.

"Lower the cable."

Cables are deployed from the ship. All of the soldiers escorting Joilee grabbed and attached the damaged droids and drones. They are reeled up into the ship. Mason and his soldiers grab the remaining cables to reel into the ship.

Orlando and the rescue team help Mason on board.

"What happened down there, Mason?"

"I am sorry, sir, I can't hear shit!"

Mason and the soldiers took off their helmets once the ship was pressurized with oxygen. Blood appeared to be running from their ears. Orlando orders the field medic to attend to the soldiers.

"Goddamn Joilee! What have you done," Orlando mumbled?