Chapter 12

TALBOT, MASON, & ORLANDO

Inside the military outpost, Dr. Quanyin and a few other medical personnel attend to the soldier's acute hearing loss. Dr. Quanyin walks up to Orlando.

"General sir, I have some good news. All the soldiers' hearing loss is not permanent. However, they will have a shitty headache for a couple of days."

"That is good to hear!"

"However, I advise that they are taken off duty for a month. I will give them some painkillers and give them hearing aid implants for the time being."

"Alright!"

After Dr. Quanyin gave Orlando the medical report, Dr. Yelena entered the lab.

"What happened here, General Orlando!"

"It is Joilee. She somehow subdued the soldiers."

"Where has she gone?"

"Back to the natives that have taken her in. We need to track her. Dr. Quanyin activates Joilee's RFID chip."

"I tried, but it did not work," Dr. Quanyin replied.

"What do you mean?"

"Whatever abilities Joilee gained, she used them to kill all electrical devices," Orlando replied

Suddenly General Talbot walks into the room.

"Sounds like we have a dangerous weapon on the loose," Talbot replied.

"Talbot, I thought I ordered your ass back to the transport ship."

"You did, I went; however, the council thought my presence was necessary here. Now I am the same rank as you!."

"You are a General now. Great, just when this situation can get any more fucked."

"Easy there. I am here to help. Looks like you are going to need it."

"Talbot, just stay out of my way.

Suddenly a lower ranking soldier runs into the room and gives his salute before giving an urgent message.

"General Orlando, sir. You are needed in the communication room."

"Later, soldier."

"Sir, you want to take this. It is her."

Orlando, Talbot, and Yelena stand in the communications room. They are looking at a large screen. To their surprise, it is Joilee.

"Joilee, what the fuck is the meaning of all this?" Orlando asked.

"I am sorry, but I had to do what I did."

"Joilee, we were making excellent progress. You were given a very important role by the council. Why the deceit," Dr. Yelena replied.

"Dr., I never deceived anybody. I will still be an ambassador to both people; It will be on my terms."

"Well, look at you. Tell traitor, where you get all that power to burn out our equipment," Talbot snarled.

"Talbot, I thought I saw the last of you."

"No, you haven't. As a matter of fact, you will see more of me from now on."

"Let's hope you survive our next encounter."

"Joilee, why have you attacked your brother and the soldiers? You know he is in the medical bay right now. You know the way you act. I am starting to expect that you are not the Joilee I once knew. She would never attack her brother," Orlando scolded.