CHAPTER 8

Joilee is lying in bed in her observation room looking at an OLED Palmer known as a Media scroll or M-scroll. The M- scroll had the probability of playing media files and receiving live news. Orlando had pulled some strings as he tried to be very accommodating. Joilee was appreciative and started to trust Orlando and Mason. Joilee has now been detained for four days; which Joilee was growing bored being quarantined.

Joilee has access to the E.G.C database with limited security clearance. Joilee accessed the Earth-Solarian history that occurred in the past 40 years. Joilee discovered a lot as she read about the advancement of technology and the human expansion across the Solar system. Joilee discovered the upgrades and recent new developments of Lightwave engine technology.

What took the Oldumare five years to reach; inter-solar system ships can reach Sierra Alpha Prime in two years. The E.G.C Science Engineers are researching new Lightwave tech to allow the E.G.C to travel from the Solar system to Sierra Alpha prime in one year.

More Joilee read about the E.G.C. plans to build Waypoint Space Station's edge of the Sierran Solar System.

When Joilee had enough of history, she focused on recorded current events. She discovered that the Earth's ecosystem went through a rapid decline. A solar flare has triggered the dark matter reaction in the atmosphere for the worst fate for humanity.

Joilee became very upset by the news as she knew she would never see Earth again. However, Joilee rescinded her tears as she knew that she had a planetary home that adopted her.

Joilee's briefing ended when Dr. Quanyin entered the room in a medical biohazard suit. Joilee glared at her with slight resentment. Dr. Quanyin became very nervous with Joilee's death stare.

"What do you want," Joilee asked coldly.

"I am sorry to disturb you, but I need to take some blood samples."

Joilee stepped closer to Dr. Quanyin until she was inches away from Dr. Quanyin's face.

Dr. Quanyin started to quiver.

"First, you wanted to cut me open. Now you expect me to just give you blood."

"I am sorry, I...I thought you were dead. It was part of autopsy procedures. Please don't hurt me," Dr. Quanyin pleaded. Joilee smiled.

"Wow, you're green as hell. How did you make it through the military training program."

"With plenty of grace and brains," Quanyin stuttered. Joilee smiled and walked away, and sat on the bed. Joilee extended her arm.

"Take your samples."

Dr. Quanyin proceeded to take the blood samples. Dr. Quanyin grabbed the medical lancet gun that was equipped with micro venography. It is easy for the operator to find veins. Once Dr. Quanyin found an x-ray of her with a good vein, she pulled the trigger. The blood vial immediately filled with dark red liquid. Joilee noticed that Dr. Quanyin had several vials to fill. So she decided to make conversations to break the ice.

"Wow, you really are trying to drain me dry."

"I am sorry! I have my orders from my Commanding Officer."

"I am sure you know my story, so what is yours?"

"What do you want to know?"

"First of all, how old are you?"

"I am seventeen."

"Wow, you are hella young. How did you end up here on this planet? Normally the E.G.C would not send someone here as jumpy as you," Joilee slightly chuckled.