CHAPTER 16

ORLANDO & DR. YELENA

In the late-night hours, Orlando arrives inside his quarters with a bed, a sink, a shower, and a small OLED screen in their quarters. It was enough for a couple without children. Dr. Yelena is present as he goes over Joilee's psychological report. Orlando quickly greets his wife with a peck on the cheek. Within that kiss, Dr. Yelena could tell that Orlando was upset about something. Dr. Yelena put down her OLED tablet to give her husband her full attention. After Orlando took off his military jacket and boots, he plopped down on the bed. Orlando could feel a migraine coming.

"What is wrong, dear," Dr. Yelena asked as she sat next to Orlando.

"Nothing, it's just that it has been a long day."

"Orlando, you can't lie to me. Remember, I am not just your wife, but I am also your therapist. Talk to me."

"It's that idiot General Talbot. He is going to start an unnecessary war."

"What do you mean?"

"Since he has been here, he has been obsessed with starting a fight with one of the natives. I just caught him doing flight recon over the Quexamatil village. This action is not a good start in building relations with the natives."

"Orlando, you and I know that the military has always done recon."

"I know, but if we again Joilee's trust, we must honor her request."

Hearing Joilee's name caused Yelena to shut down emotionally. Yelena quickly got up from the bed.

"What is it, Yelena?"

"Is that all you care about is Joilee."

"What are you talking about?"

"You have been concerned about what Joilee wants. Guess what? Joilee is not the woman you would have married 40 years ago."

"I know that, but...."

"But what? Your obsession..."

"I don't have an obsession with Joilee."

"Then what is it?"

"Can't you see this is my chance to make things right with her after she was left here in the bush!"

"Make things right? Orlando, you did nothing wrong. You were not the cause for Joilee getting stranded here."

"I know," Orlando replies as he rubs his bald head. Dr. Yelena hugged Orlando's head close to her stomach.

"My love, I am afraid this has all been too much for you. Why don't you try to get some sleep."

"Nah, I can't!"

"Well, if you can't." Yelena backs away and removes her military uniform showing her nude body. Maybe it can make up for the lost time. We haven't made love in months."

Orlando smiles.

"I guess you want me to relax!"

"You are my husband!"

Dr. Yelena approached Orlando and sat on his lap. They both kissed passionately just before they both descended onto their bed.

DR. QUANYIN & LT. MAJOR SOLKOV

Dr. Quanyin is in her lab with her assistants going over Joilee's blood and urine samples. Quanyin's assistant puts the bodily fluids inside the test tube for further analysis. Quanyin's eyes are focused on putting test tubes inside the analyzing machine; Solkov and a female soldier enter the lab. The female soldier's name is Zahra Ayad. Zahra has mixed ancestry of Egyptian and Somali descent. She is 5'7 feet, with light olive skin and jet-black hair, styled in a military buzz cut.