CHAPTER 4

Mantiko and Joilee

Seven Days Later

After the meeting with Orlando and Mason, Joilee thought about their encounter. At first, Joilee was adamant about not reporting for duty; however, the desire to walk amongst her people started to surface. However, Mantiko was getting impatient and upset with the constant invasion of his territory. In Mantiko temple quarters, Mantiko was ranting to Joilee; however, she was lost in thought.

"How dare they set up camp on the Quexamatil land. All those who have trespassed on our land without permission have met with death," Mantiko bolstered.

Joilee did not hear one word, Mantiko replied. Her focus was on her military base insignia that she confiscated from one of the E.G.C soldiers on one of her raids. Mantiko noticed that she was lost in thought. Mantiko walked over to Joilee and comfortably took her hand, which snapped her out of her daze.

"Joilee, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I have just been thinking."

"About what!"

"The meeting with my people!"

"I have to. I am thinking about taking a nice-sized group of my best warriors and ending those who set up camp close to our village."

"No! Bloodshed is not needed."

"Bloodshed has occurred as they have constantly trespassed on our lands and murdered and destroyed our land. Most importantly, they want to enter our holy temple. They will not stop until I send these invaders a message."

"Mantiko, no. They will only see that as an act of aggression and start a war."

"We are already at war!"

"You haven't seen war. I know my people and how they were trained to fight. Not only that, they have machines that are designed for war. It won't be a war; it will be a slaughter."

"Then what will you have me do?"

"Let me go talk with them!"

"NO! I won't allow you to go!"

"I have to. Maybe I can talk to them and establish some diplomacy."

"You are not going, final," Mantiko demanded.

Joilee did not like Mantiko's. She quickly pushed back against his attitude.

"You don't demand anything from me. If I am saying that I am going, I am going!"

"You are my wife. The queen of this tribe. Your duty is to me."

"My duty is to the Quexamatil people. Not just you."

"If you try to leave, I will prevent you from leaving the palace temple."

"You do that, and you'll regret it. I am sleeping in the maid's chamber tonight." Joilee attempts to leave, but Mantiko gets in her way.

"Mantiko, I love you. However, I will go through you if I have to."

Mantiko steps aside.

Ixchepuliz & Joilee

Joilee walked through the temple halls cursing to herself about Mantiko's behavior. Ixchepuliz was close in presence when she felt Joilee's trouble aura. Joilee found a balcony area where she decided to take a seat, to look over Quexamtil lands. It was not long before Ixchepuliz joined her.