𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 21 - 𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐦

I didn't say anything for the entire ride. I was too exhausted, angry, and depressed to say anything. Not only that, but I didn't want to see or talk to anyone, particularly my brother and Namjoon. Not only that, but I can't blame the other boys for refusing to tell me; they were in a horrible situation as well, which is understandable. My stubborn self refused to listen to anyone, and even if they succeeded in persuading me to do so, I was not going to agree with anything. They made a mistake. 

Once we arrived and that Jungkook had parked the car, I hurried out of it, took my heels and speed walked upstairs to my room, slamming the door behind me and locking it. I did not want to see any of them. I just wanted to be alone, cry it out and sleep. 

I immediately removed my dress and threw it into the closet with my shoes. Then I went into the bathroom and took off all of my make-up. I was in no mood to start applying skincare on my face, so I simply brushed my teeth. I felt bad when I glanced in the mirror at myself. "I'm not going to cry anymore." I blinked a few times while looking at the ceiling, not allowing any tears to fall down my cheeks. 

I finished what I needed to do. I left my room wearing an oversized hoodie and carrying a bottle of water in my left hand. I just wanted to get back to my room after refilling it with fresh water. I wore the hood over my head and walked downstairs barefoot, making no noise. Not only that, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself because I had no idea the boys were at home.

As I entered the kitchen, I recognized Jungkook's silhouette. I was not going to not go into the kitchen just because he was there. I just did not feel like talking, at all. I just quietly went inside it and turned on the faucet and filled my bottle with cold water. I could feel his gaze on me. 

"Stop looking at me," I turned around to face him and his presence suddenly felt so close to my body. "And don't get so close to me." I looked up at him and suddenly felt like shit to me.

"Now that you calmed down a little and finished throwing your tantrum--"

"I was not throwing a tantrum, Jungkook!" I frustratedly sighed, feeling like he could not understand how I felt.

"I completely understand your reaction, but you should be thankful that you still have someone who cares about you and wants to apologize and be there for you even when they couldn't. He's sorry for what he has done and wants to make amends. I know the whole thing is messed up, but...stay positive." His tone was unexpectedly gentle, and he looks sincere.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore," I blinked. "Thank you for trying to persuade me, but I'm still angry, and the whole is fresh, so I think I deserve some time." I did not avoid any eye contact with him, and he just stayed silent. 

"I get that and...yeah." He briefly licks his lips and leaned against the counter. "I'm genuinely sorry for that." 

"Thank you, but it's fine." As I played with the bottle of water in my hand, I just nodded and pursed my lips. I had no idea what to say, and the situation had become uncomfortable, so I simply turned around and started walking away.

"Y/n," he said unexpectedly, causing me to whirl around with a cocked eyebrow. "Will you put an end to your relationship with Namjoon now that he has admitted to lying and pretending to be there for you?" His tone sounded unsure and hesitant, but the way he was looking at me was the complete opposite. His gaze was strong and confident. 

"I'm...not sure. I'm disappointed in him, and I'm not sure if I want to deal with him any longer. Not even a word. Nothing." I was embarrassed to talk about him with his other friend, but at least I wasn't being criticized for making a mistake, for being foolish and overly trusting of him.