Chapter 31

JAMIE'S P.O.V

Well, this couldn't get much more awkward. Just imagine standing on a stage and the audience is naked right? right. Well, then again the only audience is Darius.. Okay! Calm down self. So Darius and I were just standing around I was rubbing the back of my neck looking anywhere but at him and he had his hands in his pockets making a hole in the ground with his shoe. Again, quite awkward.

"So, not that this can get any weirder.. or anything like that but I'm gonna take the keys and take the dresses home and stuff." Lexi said snatching the keys out of my jeans. 

"Hey, that's not-" I protested but was cut off with the start of my car's engine. Jeez, she moves fast.

"Yea and I'm gonna go to." Jack said approaching us.

"Okay? Are you gonna hop in before she pulls out?" Darius asked as he eagerly pulled out his keys to offer me a ride.

"Nope" Jack said snatching the keys out of Darius's hands, "I never said I was going to ride in the same car as the crazy person I just said I was leaving but I didn't specify on how I was making my amazing departure. Thank you." Jack walked to Darius's car and hopped in pealing out of the parking lot before either of us could say anything.

"Uh, what just happened?" Darius questioned as he looked at me smiling.

"I think we just got played." I laughed crossing my arms and looking down.

"I guess we did." Darius laughed too, then we both went silent.

"So, I know it's not much of something to do but I'm not a dressy person and it was kinda boring 'shopping' with Jack.. So would you want to head back to the men's shop with me and help me pick out a nice suit?" he begged/questioned.

"What makes you think i'm any better at dressing up then you are? and you were invited to the wedding?" I gave my best shocked look because I actually was. It's just a really weird love-agon, I don't even know what to call it.

"I guess we will find out and mutual Alpha respect." He made that last part up, The first part made my heart skip a beat. Was this his way of getting to know me?

"Mhmm" I skepticized. I bet that Spike felt bad for Darius and invited him to the wedding to make ammends, but Darius is to full of pride to admit it. In a way I think Spike is opening a new can of worms and I have a feeling to just tell Darius not to go, but then again I could be wrong and it could just be 'mutual Alpha respect'.

Darius looked about ready to give up on asking me to help him with a suit and I was still deciding on wether or not I should. Darius was walking away to the shop when I decided that even if I wasn't sure about knowing him. It was my sister's wedding and it need to be nice, right?

17 minutes later..

"You are good at tying ties, although I can't decide on a bow or a tie." He looked down at my hands which were currently straightening his tie.

"I have no clue why." I said finishing up and brushing off the shoulders of his suit, he looked good in white. Even though he looked better in black, I wonder what he would look like in a black suit.

"No clue about the bow and tie, or how you are so good at tying them?" he questioned as he got serious and looked down at my hands. I didn't notice that I was straightening out his whole suit till he grabbed my hands, kissed them, then put them near his collar.

"You forgot to fix the collar." He smirked and I blushed, Why was I becoming so.. myself, before I mean. When I was weak.. I got sad at that thought and quickly fixed the collar and turned away from him to look at other suits. I didn't even know what I was doing, I wasn't the shopper, Lexi was; even when it came to men clothing.

"I have no clue why, I never attended a wedding before so I wouldn't know the first thing about fixing a tie. I guess I watched too many wedding movies as a kid.. wondering if I would ever walk down the aisle." I sad with a sorrow in my voice, Where did that come from?

"I always wondered what you would look like in white." He whispered more to himself but I still heard it. I let a tear escape and I know why it did but I shouldn't be upset over this. If he still had his way he would be marrying Gabrielle and I would still be the runaway and feared, don't get me wrong I was still feared but I think people just naturally accepted it.

"I can feel your sadness.." he put his arms around my waist from behind and pulled me toward him. I let a few tears excape even though I tried not to.

"I FELT everything else. When you would be with other girls and when you.. marked my SISTER. It hurt and it still hurts. so much. I don't know wether to hate you for the past or love you in the future. Most of all i'm scared because I don't know what you are thinking." I sobbed and just let it out, thankfully the only pack member was a wolf named Sal who was a teen and the cashier, but Darius shooed him off. Other than that, there wasn't anybody in the shop.

"I know you, I've always known who you were. Before I was corrupted, when we were kids, by my own selfish pride and acts I remember when I would play tag with Jack I would see you and Lexi on a picnic blanket. Lexi was just abused and you would comfort her like she was your own child or your little sister and I would just smile. I think apart of me knew you were going to be my mate and I was happy then, I really was. And I ruined it.." He whispered the last part and held me tighter. "I've always loved you and I just hope that someday you will learn to love me in the future and forgive me about our past."

I stood still processing all of what he just said. He watched me? Not creeper mode but just watched to know me and learn from me. I remember when we were younger, he was so different. He would keep his distance but I would catch his eye whenever I'd get on the bus to go to the public wolf Elementary school and he would go with his father in his dad's car to the Private one. It always felt.. right. Then teenage years came and one minute my Darius was there and the next.. he wasn't.

I turned and looked into his eyes to see if my Darius was there and I could see him inside this new Darius and I knew that all I had to do was talk to him and know him like we somehow did so many years ago..

"You know, I always wondered what you would look like in a suit." I smiled through my tears and he wiped them away.

"Lets go." Darius smiled and took my hand. He called back Sal and he payed for our stuff, We then walked out of Gardanells and down the sidewalk, he still wouldn't let my hand go and normally I would kick him where the sun don't shine but I was too happy to do so.

"Are you hungry? I know I am. "Darius looked down at our hands and then at me. "How about T.G.I Fridays?" he smiled and pulled me in the direction of the restaurant. 

"If I didn't know any better Darius I'd say you were taking me out on a date." I winked at him jokingly, and he laughed.

"I guess you don't then Jamie, because you see, I am." He opened the door and we walked in, Happy and together.

THE END

LOL Just Kidding! I'm not even close to finishing! Did I get ya? Yeah I got ya. So what do you think of both Jamie and Darius's 'soft' side? What do you wanna see next?