Chapter 7

After getting close to five thousand bags of mulch from Home Depot because, I decided to be smart that way it will be awhile before I have to go back to Home Depot and the smell of sawdust, I found Lexi  in the pack house arguing with Jack.

"Okay! I don't wanna know but what the f*ck is happening? Jack what did you do?" I glared at him.

"I didn't do jack sh!t! Lexi is making sarcastic remarks and I'm trying to tell her that I want her back but she's not listening!" I stood there just completely shocked and put my hand over my mouth trying to hold back a laugh because I knew exactly what Lexi was gunna say next.

"Hehe, you said jack sh!t ha, and your name is Jack! Hehe that's funny." I knew she was only saying that to annoy him and it was working and the tension in the room seemed to grow as soon as Darius walked in looking as confused as I was, He turned to me.

"What's going on?" I shrugged, ugh, I'm becoming a softy usually I'd just ignore him. I looked over at him and he was smirking obviously noticing how I asnwered him more or less.

"H3ll If I know," I turned to Jack who was glaring at Lexi and Lexi who was looking at her nails and mumbling something about having dirt underneath them. 

I turned to Jack "Okay, since this is boring Lexi and I'm just curious as to if you have a death wish considering I told you to STAY AWAY from her," I turned to Darius who was supposed to insure that he stayed away from her," Which by they way WE will talk about that later." I turned back to Jack " I will ask once again WHAT THE F*ck is going on?!"  Jack just sighed and pinched the bride of his nose.

"Alot actually, Trish wasn't actually pregnant she was just being a major b!tch and convinced me to go along with it, which I did. We found the spy who had connections to the rogues and it turns out it was in fact Trish who only got with me because I'm Beta and Darius was already taken, And the rogue who attacked Lexi, Jax? I believe his name was, Is Trish's actual mate. When he died she admited this all to me and Darius and begged us to kill her so we did and currently I'm trying to express my love for Lexi to her but she's.not. listening!." Jack turned around abruptely stalking upstairs and slamming his door. Me being shocked I turned to Lexi to see her bored expression

"Well, that esculated quickly." Was all she said and left to go to the house skipping along.

I turned to Darius, who was looking at me to see my expression, I just took a seat on the couch and so did he.

"Well, Darius, something tells me this is gunna be WAY more interesting than picking up mulch for Lexi's garden."

After talking to Darius for an hour about where his priorities lie, and him begging me to be with him, oh not to mention Gabrielle walking in with tears in her eyes hearing the whole thing I high-tailed it out of their as quickly as my wolf legs could carry me to find Lexi unloading the bags and bags of mulch from my car. 

"Well then, Today has been very interesting, I should leave to get mulch more often. Now I feel bad that I got so much this trip I have nothing to do." I told her with a smirk on my face.

She looked up from the passenger side glaring at me then looked back down to take out the last bag of mulch from the front of my car muttering something about me being a smartas$ and Jack being a major d!ckhead, Jee I feel loved.

She was taking out -more like throwing- The bags of mulch onto the ground near her garden, It actually was quite amusing. Have I gotten more sarcastic?..

Finally after unloading the bags of mulch from my car she threw her hands up in the air and fell bag into the bags and just looked at the sky, I looked around pretending I didn't know her.

"Why did we move in here again?" she whispered to herself mainly then to me but I just sighed and started counting the reasons in my head.

"Well, we got caught trespassing and probably would've been killed but considering we are the Alpha and Beta's true mates they spared our lives, not that I wouldn't have been able to take on Jack anyday, so we are stuck in this place and I'm pretty sure if we try to leave they won't let us and besides we all know you have a major crush on Jack so you don't have to keep on pretending you're bored when he talks cause you obviously get butterflies in your stomach when he does."

She sat up and just looked at me narrowing her eyes and I just lifted my eyebrow giving her a knowing look.

"Hey! How did you know I get butterflies in my stomach whenever Jack talks? What are you a medium for werewolves?" she straightened herself while sitting on the mulch waiting for a reply

"Quite possibly and I know because the same thing happens to me when Darius talks.." I looked down at the ground pulling my eyebrows together, and crossing my arms avoiding her gaze.

"Oh." she leaned back against the mulch just looking at the bags she was laying on and we fell into an awkward and comfortable silence. It was around ten o'clock and she started to yawn.

'Well, I'm tired so I'm gunna go to bed." She got up and walked into the house and I decided to follow her. I tucked her in and in a sleepy voice she looked at me

"I'm sorry I brung up the whole mate subject." I just smiled and shook my head.

"It's fine Honey bee, just get some sleep i'll be outside or on the balcony if you need me." I shut her door gently while turning off the lights. It really was okay. She was allowed to ask and I know I can't stop her from falling for Jack because it was in her nature, so I guess whatever she does or doesn't do I'll have to accept like I always have.

I looked over at the pack house to see most of the lights off and could hear the snoring and low breathing of others, I sighed kinda missing my old room for a moment there but It quickly stopped.  

I decided to move the bags of mulch into the shed and once I was finished I looked into my car.

"F*ck.."

The seats and interior turned red which means some of the bags must have ripped. Great.. I mentally reminded myself to kill Lexi tomorrow when she wakes up for turning the interior of my car from leather gray to leather red.

I walked back inside and locked everything up and headed to my room to go to bed, I was so tired that I decided to just sleep in my clothes and not change. I layed there for a good thirty minutes but couldn't sleep so I decided to walk out onto the balcony to get some fresh air. I looked at the pack house to where Darius's window would be to see the light on. 

"Darius.." I whispered, then I heard footsteps on the balcony and whirled around letting out a warning growl as a mystery man came out of the shadows and he came into the balcony light. 

Darius.